[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest PedroVader

Random. I had a reboot moving through the app drawer of the Trebuchet Launcher, for instance.

Same as me. Also on application installs. Had 2 freezes replying on tapatalk as well.

Guest PedroVader
man this is CRAZY, when do you sleep/revise/have time for anything else, are you neo from the matrix, do you see code? camera partially working is better than some of the high end androids

He is "The One" :lol::lol:

I'm guessing its half-term too.

He is "The One" :lol::lol:

I'm guessing its half-term too.

You mean tilal is Neo !!!

Or do you mean highlander, as in there can only be one :lol:

Edited by Guest

Guest victormun

Same as me. Also on application installs. Had 2 freezes replying on tapatalk as well.

Application installations/uninstallations are also a cause for reboot in my case.

Guest plegdroid

Thanks man but I've already enabled that. As for genlock - yes I'm using genlock. My kernel source is on Tom G's account. Also look at my include dir in my device config. It has a few files which may help you.

Uk omc using my latest posted cwm.

thanks, your cwm version 5:) if were all using the same tools, it will help to nail down problems easier :D

Guest daddypaul

I use home, volume up and power to get into recovery. Tpt for me is menu volume up and power.

Tilal hello could you fix the error with the illumination of the buttons and menu backhome sorry for my english google translate

Guest daddypaul

Tilal hello could you fix the error with the illumination of the buttons and menu backhome sorry for my english google translate

and sorry for the format of the comment oben

been using this rom since last night from what i can gather through genral using (downloading, installing, link2sd) basicaly anything that has to use the sd card alot causes reboots

Guest Andymac1969

I admit that I have no knowledge on these issues at all, but I have used this ROM since last night, it is far more stable than the previous versions, it is 90% of the way to being a usable daily ROM. I have found the following if it helps:

1. The ROM seems to be a lot more unstable when there is something plugged into the mini USB port, either USB cable to PC or a wall charger.

2. The ROM freezes randomly, no particular APP, but I have found that putting the power charger into the USB port makes the phone reboot.

3. Links2sd is working, but when I go through the menu to look at storage the phone freezes, then see 2 above.

4. I can stream internet radio via Tune In, but in the end the phone freezes, again see 2 above

5. As others have posted calculator produces a blank screen.

6. Lots of 'maps is not responding' when using google maps, and the occasional freezes, also no PICO TTS installed.

7. Cannot use Google voice search, most likely as a direct link to 6 above.

8. Battery life is fantastic, only dropped about 20% overnight, currently at 98% after being off the charger for 90 minutes

9. Randomly the display goes blank, and the LED on the back button turns red, then usually 2 sorts it out

10. Fantastic bloody work, outstanding job so far, issues yes, but it keeps getting better and better, thank you for all your time and effort

Andrew

Guest victormun

I've to add something to andymac's list:

- Reducing the heap size to 32m improves the performance of some apps like Facebook, Whatsapp or Gmail.

Apart from that, everything he said is right. I've had all those cases, too.

Guest Frankish

I have another idea which may fix them for good.

Have you had any more reboots?

2 or 3 today and 2 required a battery pull to switch back on. Deep sleep still not a used CPU state and the phone can always be woken by the front hardware keys. Could these be linked or is this normal?

Edited by Frankish

Guest PedroVader
I've to add something to andymac's list:

- Reducing the heap size to 32m improves the performance of some apps like Facebook, Whatsapp or Gmail.

Apart from that, everything he said is right. I've had all those cases, too.

Good call on the VM, I've turned off the 16bit transparency and surface dithering too.

No real visual impact but bugger me its even quicker!:D

Guest Andymac1969

Good call on the VM, I've turned off the 16bit transparency and surface dithering too.

No real visual impact but bugger me its even quicker!:D

I have turned them off, I have done nothing else, and now the spoken directions in Google Maps pronounce the street names???

Thanks for your unintended help with that tongue.gif

Andrew

Yeah, UI is smooth but I get crashes whenever I do things which seem to cause slight stress to phone, loading Facebook app or trying to use the Marketplace app, it's great to know you're making progress though

Guest plegdroid

if it's ok with tilal, could someone please mirror cwm 5 links as mediafire is being a dog, and going around in circles :)

please disregard this as been able to download now :D

like you didn't already ;)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest jakobitm

What is the point of ROM without Camera functionality ? Zero. It's my private opinion. I am wondering is it becouse of hardware discrepanties ? Will this be ever posssible ? Cheers, jakobitm

Guest PedroVader
What is the point of ROM without Camera functionality ? Zero. It's my private opinion. I am wondering is it becouse of hardware discrepanties ? Will this be ever posssible ? Cheers, jakobitm

Camera is an issue for most current CM9 roms, work in progress.

Its an easy choice, need a camera? Ice Armor, Atomic, Skatie, take your pick. Don't need a camera, and want to be part of ongoing development? CM9.

Its barely been 3 years since a phone camera started to become the accepted norm, rather than a perk or something to show you had a better phone than the next guy.

What's the point? Its all relative to what you use your device for :D

Edited by PedroVader

Guest victormun

Camera is an issue for most current CM9 roms, work in progress.

Its an easy choice, need a camera? Ice Armor, Atomic, Skatie, take your pick. Don't need a camera, and want to be part of ongoing development? CM9.

Its barely been 3 years since a phone camera started to become the accepted norm, rather than a perk or something to show you had a better phone than the next guy.

What's the point? Its all relative to what you use your device for :D

I totally agree withj you, Pete. I'm not really a camera-user, so I don't really care about it being disabled for the moment. It's a great ROM that shows how far our little Skate/OMC can go, that's why I'm really into this project.

Guest zapadapping

The ROM is not complete yet, you've downloaded a Beta, or possibly even an Alpha(?). This is not yet for people seeking stability.

He said in an earlier post they've made some breakthrough with camera drivers.

Btw, how is it done? Reverse engineering or have they released documentation?

Edited by zapadapping

Guest victormun

I'm pretty sure I understand the reboots now. I'm pretty sure the SD card stressing is causing it. Fix will be in next release.

I believe that is also the cause of the failing reboots. I don't mean the random ones, I mean when you actually want to reboot your phone and it freezes. I think it freezes when unmounting the SD card.

Guest PedroVader
I'm pretty sure I understand the reboots now. I'm pretty sure the SD card stressing is causing it. Fix will be in next release.

I'm with you on that, had a couple when I moved a couple of apps over to the card, glad I'm not using ext3, it'd probably do it more.

Guest PedroVader

Is there any Nexus code in this rom?

Had an email saying welcome to your galaxy nexus, because I've apparently activated my Google account on one :wacko:

Edited by PedroVader