[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Frankish

anything particular you was doing at the time?

if you can remember what you were doing with the phone the reboots took place please post

Some that I can remember...

Two browsing and downloading from market.

One making a phone call.

One on home screen.

One after moving an app to SD card.

Browser still just closes itself a lot too!

A lot seem to be related to sdcard although phone call surely doesn't access sdcard?

Guest tilal6991

Some that I can remember...

Two browsing and downloading from market.

One making a phone call.

One on home screen.

One after moving an app to SD card.

Browser still just closes itself a lot too!

A lot seem to be related to sdcard although phone call surely doesn't access sdcard?

Actually seems to be that most of them are to do with HW acceleration as well.

Guest plegdroid

Actually seems to be that most of them are to do with HW acceleration as well.

also the apks that run all the actions, have two permissions in common, wake lock and change sdcard content, including phone, had to check that one :)

Guest Frankish

I'm willing to do a clean format of sdcard and clean rom install if needed. Would last_kmsg hold anything relevant? Or should I try running logcat and catching a reboot?

Guest Frankish

old build had like 20 hours with no problems.

Got the new build from goo-inside 3 and a half hours ago and all is running fine :)

Like i say i went 15 hours with no problems...then something triggered it and i got lots of reboots in around 5 hours.

I have had no reboots through using the phone,but twice now I have waked with power key,only to see the boot animation.

Obviously it was in a reboot while it should of been sleeping!

Edited by Guest

Guest syst3m68

I have had no reboots through using the phone,but twice now I have waked with power key,only to see the boot animation.

Obviously it was in a reboot while it should of been sleeping!

Soft reboots, not as bad i suppose. as i say i'm on my first few hours with new build. Hoping battery is good!

My phone's perfect. No reboots or anything on the 26th build, plus the GPS works for me on that build and everything else, and the battery's amazing. 28th build rebooted every hour, so reflashed 26th :)

Guest Andymac1969

I'm still getting intermittent reboots. 15 hours uptime then 5 reboots in as any hours! Need to grab some logcats somehow...

I have had a couple, but they have been when the phone is sat on the desk doing nothing at all

Guest plegdroid

How can I overclock the GPU ?

morning, I could be wrong, but I think it's linked to the cpu, increase cpu and gpu increases with it, but could be wrong :)

Guest hugobosslives

morning, I could be wrong, but I think it's linked to the cpu, increase cpu and gpu increases with it, but could be wrong :)

yer thats how I understand it too.

Guest pbz1983

Still having issues with battery........

Went to bed with about 30-40% of charge, woke up to a dead phone. I initially thought it was in deep sleep mode but none of the buttons would wake it. I managed to get it back on via power button after several attempts and the charge was 1%.

I inserted the plug charger and after 2 minutes the battery showed 26% and whilst it was on charge the phone rebooted twice. Once the charger was unplugged it has not rebooted. The phone did not re-boot at all prior to this morning since the rom was installed 28/2 late pm.

I don't have any debugging software, but if there is anything you can suggest which may help identify the problem let me know and i'll install it and provide feedback.

Guest Frankish

Next time you get a reboot. as soon as the phone boots using adb or root explorer go to /proc/ and grab last_kmsg and post it here.

Guest plegdroid

Next time you get a reboot. as soon as the phone boots using adb or root explorer go to /proc/ and grab last_kmsg and post it here.

does it only write to this file if phone reboots? found the file but is a 0.00 file, and will not load into text viewer( in the interest of science) :D

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Frankish

Last_kmsg is only created after the system crashes as far as I know. I know you need to grab it straight after boot from a crash. Try doing loads of scrolling and downloading from market. I can almost guarantee it will make it crash on 28th build. On a side note has anyone noticed calculator works now?! Lol

Edited by Frankish

Guest rufus2005

Last_kmsg is only created after the system crashes as far as I know. I know you need to grab it straight after boot from a crash. Try doing loads of scrolling and downloading from market. I can almost guarantee it will make it crash on 28th build. On a side note has anyone noticed calculator works now?! Lol

thats strange, no calculator still for me

Guest rufus2005

Try this... force close/kill calculator. Turn your phone upside down...really....now start calculator! Lololol

omg your a genius frankish, it actually works. How the hell did you figure that one out? lol