[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Frankish

Gallery works fine for me. Would be a fantastic build as it runs really well with Nova launcher however the reboots plague me. Quite often enable USB mass storage reboots device. Also there is the other more random kernel panic one.

If only tilal could get some updated libs etc but I think were miles away or maybe never going to get them.

Guest syst3m68

Gallery works fine for me. Would be a fantastic build as it runs really well with Nova launcher however the reboots plague me. Quite often enable USB mass storage reboots device. Also there is the other more random kernel panic one.

If only tilal could get some updated libs etc but I think were miles away or maybe never going to get them.

all down to the manufacturer sadly, who don't give a damn about developers.

Guest Fabricio Proietti

Hi All... I am following the releases of tilal and it´s off course worthy to give them a try. Even with no camera, i am proud of using it. It´s pretty much fast than i thought!!! I became hopeless after the first boot, but after the second, it tooks almost the same time that the MOD7. Actually the MOD7 takes ~ 28sec for booting against ~38 for this last ICS port release(02-09-2012).

Up to now, just the \;

live wallpapers from the rom just not load, no one.

One normal reboot that became stuck on the "rebooting" screen. No more so far til now.

Cannot change the battery and signal strength icons.

But the rest, fantastic!!

Thanks again to Tilal and PLEASE, fix the camera and you will make one more Android user happy!!! OBS.: Using this port for daily use!!!!!

Guest SWOriginal
Not sure.

But exciting news - just away to test a build with full HW acelleration!! Will post how it goes.

Please check If YouTube works whilst you are at it :-)

Guest tilal6991

Well. It works.

Although I can't see much of a difference from what was already there, some menus including Launcher seem smoother. YouTube still doesn't work - wasn't really expecting to though.

Guest SWOriginal

Well atleast the main rom is allot smoother, so it seems YouTube and camera may never work unless you get libs & camera drivers that have yet to be released? Edit : you muppet lol

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Frankish

Is the N1 way for hw acceleration a kernel method? Maybe it will get rid of the reboots? Should we expect a new build soon or are you in a long testing period?

Guest syst3m68

Just fully enabled hw acelleration. Wow its quick!!!!

On a 2.6.35 kernel? swweeet. :)

Also, good to say you have a Developer tag now. :D

Edited by syst3m68

I'm really excited for this ROM now, I can't wait. I don't need the camera, I don't use it, I get my pictures from my girlfriends phone :P cos I'm too lazy to take them :P but as long as gallery works which it should, then I'll be definitely using this as a daily! :D

Guest Frankish

This will be a daily as soon as kernel panic is fixed. I tried to keep it on but every time I started a download of the newest version I got a reboot eventually. Tried like 6 ttimes so maybe that's a way of reproducing kernel panic error?

Guest syst3m68

This will be a daily as soon as kernel panic is fixed. I tried to keep it on but every time I started a download of the newest version I got a reboot eventually. Tried like 6 ttimes so maybe that's a way of reproducing kernel panic error?

It's quite hard to reproduce it, as we have no ideas of the threshold of the kernel and when/why it panics, unless you logcat constantly. it'd take days to log it..

Guest Frankish

It's quite hard to reproduce it, as we have no ideas of the threshold of the kernel and when/why it panics, unless you logcat constantly. it'd take days to log it..

Logcat picks nothing up anyway as I have caught it twice. Unless I need to set it differently? Only way I know its a kernel panic is through last_kmsg.

Guest tilal6991

Logcat picks nothing up anyway as I have caught it twice. Unless I need to set it differently? Only way I know its a kernel panic is through last_kmsg.

Its definitely a Kernel panic. No doubt about it.

Kmsg is the only thing which'll pick it up.