Android 4.0.x on ZTE Racer

Guest LordCrash

Guest gagan313

hi guys , there is just one thing stuck in my head.....you know in the touchscreen version of cwm? .well the touchscreen there feels magnificent and so sensitive.

I was just wondering if you could get that same kind of sensitivity on an actual rom??? if you could do that that would be amazing!biggrin.gif

Guest equiliym

guys please dont spam with unnecessary stuff, make other threads for other questions etc..

regarding ics deving, i have managed to compress my apk files, even though they are hdpi since i used files from blade dev thread for compiling, my whole /system is now 127.3mb meaning we would have more space for ics gapps.. however, having only 20mb free system partition, this is going to be a hard task for us since full ics gapps pack is 76mb.. ill try getting my mdpi framework to work with mdpi apks (dunno why i cant boot with it), when i fix that, should have more free space.. if this doesnt work then i guess tpt editing must me done >.>

edit: oh lol i never saw what apps i have compiled and had in my rom, i got my mdpi framework/apps working, compressed all and remove stuff like video editor, mms is fc`ing, camera doesnt work, removed japanese or w/e IME, so without that, my system is now 118mb meaning more space for gapps.. now back to fixing libs and all, ddms screams for bt qril and egl the most

Edited by equiliym

Guest gagan313

hi guys , there is just one thing stuck in my head.....you know in the touchscreen version of cwm? .well the touchscreen in cwm is soo sensitive and almost like a capacitive phone.

is there some way you could put that kind of sensitivity on a actual rom? because that would just make it ultimatesmile.gif

Edited by gagan313

Guest plegdroid

evening all I've created a discussion page to keep this thread clutter free for the development team to use in a non distracting way, if you want to make comments please use the thread here>

Thank you all for your co- operation and understanding. :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest equiliym

im not even sure if i should post this here but why not.. i uploaded a zip with some ics files, nothing serious but its still better than nothing, zip file contains all ics apps MDPI with framework-res.apk and android.policy.jar and services.jar so it would boot with other ics racer roms, also bootanimation.zip :P

it took me around 30 hours to compile my rom but having issues as it is, im just sharing apps and part of framework, if anyone wants to try it, mess with racerboys alpha and my files :)

you can download zip file from this link, note that its not a flashable zip and no its not a rom nor a fix for anything, for those that are lurking around here

Guest Racerboy

im not even sure if i should post this here but why not.. i uploaded a zip with some ics files, nothing serious but its still better than nothing, zip file contains all ics apps MDPI with framework-res.apk and android.policy.jar and services.jar so it would boot with other ics racer roms, also bootanimation.zip :P

it took me around 30 hours to compile my rom but having issues as it is, im just sharing apps and part of framework, if anyone wants to try it, mess with racerboys alpha and my files :)

you can download zip file from this link, note that its not a flashable zip and no its not a rom nor a fix for anything, for those that are lurking around here

cool man, i`ll include in rom

Guest equiliym

cool man, i`ll include in rom

well, at least you of all people will know what apks should be removed from /app and are totally unneeded :) glad to help in any way

Guest Rahulsingh190

Hi racerboy you may have heard this complaint from many that ZTE racer restarts automatically when we try to play a 3D game ,but I found a way to solve this problem, I over clocked my gpu to 110 % and kept my cpu frequency to 600mhz and it was done so I suggest you to include this over clocked gpu feature in your 4.0 Rom if you can.

Guest Racerboy

Hi racerboy you may have heard this complaint from many that ZTE racer restarts automatically when we try to play a 3D game ,but I found a way to solve this problem, I over clocked my gpu to 110 % and kept my cpu frequency to 600mhz and it was done so I suggest you to include this over clocked gpu feature in your 4.0 Rom if you can.

hi, are we referring to the racer alpha ics or my cm7 roms? as the alpha ics has no hardware acceleration as yet and will explain not being able to play games or even rebooting....a couple of cm7 roms had a minor problem with the egl drivers a while back with games/live wallpapers but was fixed........regards to overclocking, that is up to the end user to set themselves as i`m not gonna be responsible for messing someones phone up if i was to set it to a higher standard level in the kernel, like in x86/x64 computers the cpu`s even though the same specs may perform alot better than others, you guys have the choice and are able to set to a different value yourselfs in cm7 to see how far your phones can go.......overclocking in ics is possible but not sure if we`ll have to wait for cyanogen cm9, the existing kernel we have is capable but we need the ts drivers to be modified/changed and then can navigate around the phone properly

Guest equiliym

while i was away on my business trip, did anyone re-sync repo for 4.0.3 and try to compile? just want to hear if anything good actually came from this update before i start syncing it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest equiliym

heard of problems like this before try using older kernals?

as far as i know, ics is somewhat based on kernel 3.0.x while we are still using 2.6.x version which is giving us most trouble.. because the newer kernel has a somewhat different structure we just cant get it on racer (at least i couldnt) and make all drivers work properly.. and since we have few sources of 2.6.x, those can be fixed to make ics work so, the older the kernel, might have bigger issues :(

Guest Racerboy

as yet ics has kinda halted until we have a working cm9 port from blade and then the existing kernel that we use at the moment needs to be modified to work properly with ics, there is a partially working ics rom here on this thread http://android.modaco.com/topic/348765-android-40x-on-zte-racer/page__view__findpost__p__1859754 but it is far from finished, it will give a taster of what its like......

Guest gagan313

as yet ics has kinda halted until we have a working cm9 port from blade and then the existing kernel that we use at the moment needs to be modified to work properly with ics, there is a partially working ics rom here on this thread http://android.modac...ost__p__1859754 but it is far from finished, it will give a taster of what its like......

so like is cm9 like way better than cm7?? if so whats the difference please....huh.gif