Android 4.0.x on ZTE Racer

Guest LordCrash

Guest Racerboy

so like is cm9 like way better than cm7?? if so whats the difference please....huh.gif

cm9 is basically ICS BUT written/recoded by Cyanogen from ICS ASOP source files :)

• 4 months later...
Guest Rahulsingh190

I used ice contact.apk & phone.apk I did not work & I lost the network coverage....but when I replaced it with old contact.apk & phone.apk it worked fine..so. can I get the download link for the raw not working port for our racer, can I get it....

Guest massacre^

Hello, Just remembered that t0mm13b told once that he will have a crack at porting ICS for Racer. Was wondering if anyone got a spare racer to donate atm :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest N1tr0g3n

Guys, I am new to all this (WARNING: noob alert!) and i'd like to know if it's possible to make an android 4.0.x ROM with kernel 2.6.x?

Guest N1tr0g3n

I saw a blade ics port with 2.6.x kernel....

And it works normally?

You know I just want to experiment in porting ICS to Racer as i want that very much too.

P.S. if the rom is bad, do i still have access to recovery mode? or the phone will be bricked?

Guest equiliym

Oh god you guys.. ill upload flashable zips when i get internets home, not woeking but boots so someone if interesred could also take a look..

Guest equiliym

And it works normally?

You know I just want to experiment in porting ICS to Racer as i want that very much too.

P.S. if the rom is bad, do i still have access to recovery mode? or the phone will be bricked?

you will have recovery, yes.. the roms i 'ported' and compiled only boots, with old adreno libs at least without working screen, with new adreno libs bootloops, also no rild copybit gralloc sensors etc etc.. deadlink wrote gen2 rild for racer 2.3.x so i guess he could write for gen1/2 ics too but deadlinks been gone for quite some time, i dont think anyone will help in this matter.. including hw.. but ill upload later or tomorrow my flashable so you can mess with files and stuffs :)

Guest N1tr0g3n

you will have recovery, yes.. the roms i 'ported' and compiled only boots, with old adreno libs at least without working screen, with new adreno libs bootloops, also no rild copybit gralloc sensors etc etc.. deadlink wrote gen2 rild for racer 2.3.x so i guess he could write for gen1/2 ics too but deadlinks been gone for quite some time, i dont think anyone will help in this matter.. including hw.. but ill upload later or tomorrow my flashable so you can mess with files and stuffs

Perfect. Will wait for any updates, I was working on the noobest way of porting(copying working boot.img from another ROM), though after spending hours of working on it, it just didn't boot (dnsproxyd not found)

Guest equiliym

lol you cant just switch kernels and try it.. well you can but not gonna work properly :P im really tired and today i have a bday to attend to so not sure if ill manage to upload and post links today but will see p;