Android 4.0.x on ZTE Racer

Guest LordCrash

Guest kman12041

Racerboy

Could you please put the file on something like mediafire or other file host as megeuplaud seems to never alow my ip to download anything.

Thank you

Guest Racerboy

Well done in cracking the audio... :)

Did you sort out the pointer on screen? :)

you guys did the hard work, and no luck on the cursor as yet, need someone to look at the "msm_ts.c" in our kernel (hint hint nudge nudge wink wink) i dont know where to start with it.........

Guest Vlatko25

Alternate download link above for those having trouble with megaupload

I think Deadlink can solve this :D

So Deadlink if you are here pls help us solve cursor and touch problem

Guest Racerboy

I think Deadlink can solve this :D

So Deadlink if you are here pls help us solve cursor and touch problem

would be nice but i think deadlink is too busy with other projects at the moment

Guest Racerboy

Racer Boy can you use his last build to try touchscreen?because is really nice

its the kernel not the rom, deadlinks rom uses the same kernel as what i`m using

the kernel needs to be edited and re-compiled from source to achieve the removal of the cursor on screen, the ics rom itself does not need to change

Edited by Racerboy

Guest adil29s

well i`m hoping someone can rewrite the touch screen driver for racer (msm_ts.c) as i cant do that, have tried the blade driver but no go, kinda expected that as its designed for the blade touchscreen.............so where i`m at?

its based on the blade alpha10......they have put the hard work into this

phone boots fine

haptic feedback works

back, home, menu softkeys work

bluetooth work

wifi work

sdcard mounting works

audio works

things that dont yet: help if you can

HW Acceleration, but there is a hack somewhere for this

cursor on the screen needs to be removed (covered above)

phone network (calls, texts)

heres the download for it : HERE

alternate mediafire download link HERE

SIDE NOTE: Please dont tell me whats not working or needs to be fixed as I ALREADY KNOW this is an ALPHA after all..........if you want to be constructive and help fix the problems then by all means post here otherwise please DONT..............t0mm13b and the guys on the blade forum got sick of the constant interruptions from people who just cant be bothered to read the thread/help DONT DO IT HERE

Hey Can We Browse And Do The Apps Work?

Guest adil29s

its the kernel not the rom, deadlinks rom uses the same kernel as what i`m using

the kernel needs to be edited and re-compiled from source to achieve the removal of the cursor on screen, the ics rom itself does not need to change

i just tried the rom, the cursor is one big headache but goodjob man till when do you expect to release a stable build,probably 2 weeks?

Guest Racerboy

Hey Can We Browse And Do The Apps Work?

please dont post things like this, the easiest way to find out would be to try yourself.......i would think with the wifi working you could connect to your wireless router and get browsing that way but not through your data connection on phone as yet........also the main problem to fix is the cursor on the screen 1st and fore most otherwise navigation is a problem

Guest Racerboy

i just tried the rom, the cursor is one big headache but goodjob man till when do you expect to release a stable build,probably 2 weeks?

when someone can modify/re-write the racer kernel touch screen drivers which i dont see happening anytime soon, i`ve tried it myself but am getting constant errors compiling or is bootlooping all the time...

Guest Racerboy

You can not use the ROM of the HTC Wildfire or X10Mini?

we could use them yes BUT the file system layout is different (wifi, firmware,libs need changing/modifying) and would take ALOT more work to do just to get to the same point where i`m at now, where as the blade builds are basically made for the racer as both phones have same/similar hardware......the things i would use from the wildfire is the framework icons and such as there ldpi rather than blade framework....you try if you like

Guest equiliym

the things i would use from the wildfire is the framework icons and such as there ldpi rather than blade framework....you try if you like

i could provide you a mdpi framework with apps, didnt really check it much, i couldnt boot and never checked why, its just on stand-by, if you have time to mess with it, it wouldnt be a problem for me to leave uploading it and give you link later

Guest shharisree

somebody plz provide me the information about the downloadable contents and related details of android source code...my xams will be over by 12 th ...ill be free to try and experiment everything...plz dont avoid my request being childish.. :lol:

Guest equiliym

somebody plz provide me the information about the downloadable contents and related details of android source code...my xams will be over by 12 th ...ill be free to try and experiment everything...plz dont avoid my request being childish.. :lol:

you can see all you need for aosp here

Guest equiliym

thanx mann for that fast reply... :)

no problem :)

Racerboy, just a quickie regarding bootanimation, here is the part of code from ICS .cpp and here is the part from CM7 code, you can find the status_t BootAnimation::readyToRun() in BootAnimation.cpp, compare/edit and compile with the bootanimation.zip in /system/media.. you can find BootAnimation.cpp in

~/otoha/ics/frameworks/base/cmds/bootanimation

Edited by equiliym