ZTE Skate TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Guest bob214

No, you check the .Zip's MD5 before you extract the folder to the SD. Then once its on the SD card you check it again. Then you can flash it with the button combo or when booted in android going to "about phone > update system> storage card updates"

Then it wil flash the TPT and it wil reboot into clockworkmod in clockworkmod go to "mounts and storage > mount usb storage" copy the ROM to your SD and flash it.(no wipes needed since everything is allready wiped)

Surely it makes more sense to put the chosen ROM on the SD card before flashing the TPT?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Surely it makes more sense to put the chosen ROM on the SD card before flashing the TPT?

Yea you could, it doesnt make that mutch difference, but i recommend people doing it this way better safe then sorry :)

I updated the tutorial its part10 now and it should make things clearer.

Guest Amphoras

How about a 160MB system 2MB cache version? tillaz says it'd be perfect for the latest version of Atomic.

Almost finished adding it to the TPT Helper app, just got a few more things to do (for other phones, think the Skate stuff should be done). Once its done you can pick whatever partitions sizes you want (within a reasonable range).

If you want to test it you can send me a PM.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest philmein

Almost finished adding it to the TPT Helper app, just got a few more things to do (for other phones, think the Skate stuff should be done). Once its done you can pick whatever partitions sizes you want (within a reasonable range).

If you want to test it you can send me a PM.

pm sent

Guest philmein

all went on fine stalled for a few secs at 99% updated cwm to 4.0.1.5 and now going to try a rom

atomix 3.0c went on fine

made a tpt 2mb cache 170mb system

280mb free system datasmile.gif

will try with cm7 later when i charged my phone

Edited by philmein

Guest ihateorange

Yea you could, it doesnt make that mutch difference, but i recommend people doing it this way better safe then sorry :)

I updated the tutorial its part10 now and it should make things clearer.

Thanks alot Wacky.ddw. I Finally thought I understood enough to have a go at it. I install the TPT and then installed Atomic 3c and it looks good and seems to be working so far. Thanks again for your help and great tutorial. :)

Guest ihateorange

Exactly :) So once you did the TPT you wil need to flash a ROM and then just flash the recovery from the link below and you wil l your clockworkmod wil be back up to date again.

LINK: http://minus.com/mbaeBP2yjl#1

No problem glad i could help

Hi;

I downloaded the updated ClockworkMod in the link in the quote post. But i'm not entirely sure how to install it.

Do I install the new Clockworkmod_ZTE_skate_4-4.0.1.5 by following your Part 2 of your [FAQ] Rooting for beginners, but instead of double clicking on “0_Install_CWM_recovery.bat” I double click on "install-recovery-windows"?

Thanks

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi;

I downloaded the updated ClockworkMod in the link in the quote post. But i'm not entirely sure how to install it.

Do I install the new Clockworkmod_ZTE_skate_4-4.0.1.5 by following your Part 2 of your [FAQ] Rooting for beginners, but instead of double clicking on “0_Install_CWM_recovery.bat” I double click on "install-recovery-windows"?

Thanks

Yes the for the clockworkmod on the last page have to click "install-recovery-windows" if you take the package from the first page you click “0_Install_CWM_recovery.bat” It doesnt matter they are both 4.0.1.5

Guest ihateorange

Yes the for the clockworkmod on the last page have to click "install-recovery-windows" if you take the package from the first page you click “0_Install_CWM_recovery.bat” It doesnt matter they are both 4.0.1.5

Thanks again Wacky.ddw, you're a legend! biggrin.gif

amphoras will you be releasing tpt helper skate version used it on 2 skates/omc and it works flawlessly

philmein

You have used the blade version on skate and it works,is that what your saying ?

Guest Amphoras

You have used the blade version on skate and it works,is that what your saying ?

No, he was testing the new version which adds Skate TPTs as well.

amphoras will you be releasing tpt helper skate version used it on 2 skates/omc and it works flawlessly

philmein

Hopefully soon, maybe this weekend if I get time to finish checking everything.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest Amphoras

Could anyone upload the latest version of ClockworkMod? Think its 4.0.1.5, but if there's a newer one then that's good too. Can't seem to find it. There are some recovery.img's around, but can't check which version they are.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest Wacky.ddw

Could anyone upload the latest version of ClockworkMod? Think its 4.0.1.5, but if there's a newer one then that's good too. Can't seem to find it. There are some recovery.img's around, but can't check which version they are.

The one in the package of my tutorial is 4.0.1.5 (the orange one) its also on separatly on page 4 i think.

http://minus.com/mbaeBP2yjl#1

Edited by Wacky.ddw

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you my friend ...<br style="font-family: Arial; ">Did the procedure here in Skate and gave everything right ...I'm with 205 mb free and using the Link2SD throwing everything to Ext3 the result is fascinating!<br style="font-family: Arial; ">I used your application TPT Helper, remembering that I am from Brazil and that for now all procedures made this device served in the same way as in European appliances (monte Carlo among others)<br style="font-family: Arial; ">Thank you little I'll be donating!<br style="font-family: Arial; ">Stays in peace!

laugh.giflaugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ronc2000

I am running CM7 and do not intend to change for the rest of its life. 162MB of stock rom space take little time to fill up. So which is best for me? Does 2MB or 35MB cache makes much difference? e.g. for running navigation program and video such as iplayer/youtube? Thanks.

I have not tried TPT helper, do I understand that you cano do away flashing a TPT just by using TPT helper to resize the partitions?

Edited by ronc2000

Guest Amphoras

I am running CM7 and do not intend to change for the rest of its life. 162MB of stock rom space take little time to fill up. So which is best for me? Does 2MB or 35MB cache makes much difference? e.g. for running navigation program and video such as iplayer/youtube? Thanks.

I have not tried TPT helper, do I understand that you cano do away flashing a TPT just by using TPT helper to resize the partitions?

The 2MB cache one should be fine for CM7. To check if 150MB will be enough for the system partition, you can type "df -h" into the terminal emulator app and check how much space it says it being used on /system. If its less than 150MB, then that TPT should be fine. If its more, use the 200MB one.

TPT Helper lets you download one of these TPTs and does the checks for you on the phone. If you want different sizes from the ones here, then it lets you make a TPT with the sizes you want as well. There are some problems copying the file needed to make the custom TPTs on some roms just now, but it should work fine on CM7.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JThumar

My skate got stuck at 39% after trying 200MB 35 MB cahce TPT.......luckily it did not brick........i have CWM5 and i want to get rid of it somehow........:angry:

Edited by JThumar

Guest Wacky.ddw

My skate got stuck at 39% after trying 200MB 35 MB cahce TPT.......luckily it did not brick........i have CWM5 and i want to get rid of it somehow........:angry:

Why would you want to get rid of clockworkmod? You can download the package from my tutorial it has clockworkmod 4.0.1.5.

You can also copy the recovery.img from that package and flash it trough terminal emulator (download it from the market)

Edited by Wacky.ddw