Now available: a fixed / tweaked Tweetdeck release from @paulobrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I use Tweetdeck and I think it's great, but just lately it's seems to have been neglected since the company got purchased by Twitter. Aside from not getting updates it's had features removed (deck.ly) and more importantly, it doesn't work properly on my Galaxy Nexus and I don't know when it will!

Sooo..... i've made my own patched version available for download here, which now has Twitter's blessing to exist! :-)

I have started to include additional languages from this version onwards! Want to help translate TweakDeck into your own language? Visit http://www.getlocali....com/tweakdeck/ :-)

Be aware that if you install the app to SD, widgets will not be available!

Features:

• Full landscape support

• Swapped Refresh and Map button locations

• New high resolution TweetDeck iconography

• Facebook displays correctly in 'Me' column

• Blue highlights in application and widget (replace yellow in line with new web experience)

• Fixed widget background colours

• Bug with incorrectly truncating t.co URLs fixed

• Translate works (moved from Google to Bing API)

• Max font size is now 40pt

• Default font size is now 24pt

• Support for lockerz inline preview

• Support for pinterest inline preview

• Support for yfrog.us inline preview

• Fix for instagram inline preview

• Fix for some image clipping issues

• Improved Facebook support

• Fixed Galaxy Nexus support

• Optimised and compressed

• Localisation into a number of languages (user contributed)

• Application can now be installed to SD

Hopefully Tweetdeck will get a nice big update and this will no longer be needed, but until then... enjoy - screenshots after the jump! :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Has anyone got a mirror of this? Filesonic is doing my head in!

I just get this:

Download Error

Free users may only download 1 file at a time.

Please just bear with it. I'd rather people didn't mirror so I can track downloads.

P

Guest Karucifer

No way to download it on my laptop or on my Sensation, it looks like Filesonic is crap :/... would mirrot it please ?

Downloads fine here, tested on several machines, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari on mac and PC.

It's intended for the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Note as the first post states, why would you want to install it on your sensation?

We've already asked that folk don't mirror the file. Did you read the entire thread?

Guest Amphoras

I can understand you not wanting to use mirrors, but why not use Mediafire instead? It still allows you to track downloads, but it has no waiting times, no captchas, no limit on the number of files you can download at once. It just seems so much easier that all the other places I've downloaded from, is there some other problem with it that people don't just use it?

Downloads fine here, tested on several machines, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari on mac and PC.

It's intended for the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Note as the first post states, why would you want to install it on your sensation?

We've already asked that folk don't mirror the file. Did you read the entire thread?

Yes I've read the full article, and as you may read yourself it's not only intended for G. Nexus and G. Note, it does also bring back deck.ly, newbie does not mean stupid :/

I can't download from Filesonic with any of my machines or devices, don't know why, just can't. Filesonic is not the only download site that offer tracking possibilities...

Edited by Oum

Filesonic. .. Failsonic. More likely

You may have reached this page due to a known problem with some UK ISPs. You may contact your ISP for support.An alternative is to buy a FileSonic Premium account. Click here to join now.(ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.zone11.bethere.co.uk)

Guest unrandomsam

The reason people use Filesonic is to try to make money (Think you get $0.01 per download)

Given that Modaco already has its Romraid system there is no ethical reason to use a filehost.

Other than if you are distributing something you know to be warez (But that wouldn't be true due to the Modaco position on illegal content).

Anyway if you just search Google for "com.thedeck.android.app.paulobrien.r2.apk"

And find its on 4shared already as well.

Guest webnuman

Hi,

Many many thanks for this great fix. Download ok an it works fine.

I have a problem more with my galaxy note.

when i press and hold on a tweet, the options menu doesn't appear.

Is it a known issue yourside and do you have any idea to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Numan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alkandery75

I'm facing an issue with YouTube links, when I receive a post with YouTube link, it shows part of it, the end of the link will be full of dots which means it's long...

Example:

This link "

will be shown as "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4hveH2Gp....."

So, when I click the link it doesn't take the whole URL... It just take as "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4hveH2Gp....." which is not a correct URL in YouTube...

Any solution for this...

This is great! Loved the re-added deckly support.

Is there a way to make it store its cache on the sdcard instead of the internal memory? It's eating greedily from my limited Desire mem. I wipe it every so often, but a hack to make it use a subfolder on the card would be nice. (I had a look at apktool and it sure is confusing)

I'm facing an issue with YouTube links, when I receive a post with YouTube link, it shows part of it, the end of the link will be full of dots which means it's long...

Example:

This link "

will be shown as "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4hveH2Gp....."

So, when I click the link it doesn't take the whole URL... It just take as "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4hveH2Gp....." which is not a correct URL in YouTube...

Any solution for this...

This is fixed in the new release i'm about to post. :)

P

r2 uploaded.

Fixes:

• Fixed background gradients for high res devices (i.e. Galaxy Nexus)
  • Recoloured send button to blue from yellow
  • Renamed various app / widget parts (TweetDeck -> TweakDeck)
  • Resolved issue with media appearing twice in instant preview

P