Orange San Francisco II is NOW IN STOCK on Orange website

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest n4y4nrules

Here:

http://shop.orange.c...orange-in-black

Has anyone bought one of these yet in an ACTUAL Orange store?

THE REASON I ASK IS, that if you work for:

Local Government.

The NHS

Cineworld Cinema

And present your latest Payslip (as proof that you actually work there) to AN ORANGE STORE you get a £20.00 discount on any pay-as-you-go phone over the value of £30.00.

Also, has anybody found any written reviews or unboxing videos on the internet, that they would care to share, just to see what the phone is actually like before i decide to buy it?

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest rogue64

Just seen the same thing and was about to post. Anyone know if it is as easy to free from the orange shackles as the old one, or have they done as the Skate and locked it way down. Any help much appreciated as daughter hasd just killed her SF1 by a car running over it, unrecoverable. Also on orange site, both work vout at same price as old one is £90 + £20 credit and SFII is £100 + £10 credit ?? go figure

Here:

http://shop.orange.c...orange-in-black

Has anyone bought one of these yet in an ACTUAL Orange store?

Anybody got an unboxing video?

Guest n4y4nrules

Its only just out. Not in store til thursday.

THANKS hecatae :rolleyes:

Incidentally, this afternoon, I popped into an Orange store (Northampton - Grosvenor Centre) to enquire, and they said they knew nothing about the INSTORE release date of this phone.

Apparently they only get deliveries of new phones on Tuesdays, so even though the SF2 is released on Thursday, it looks like I'll be waiting a week to receive it if I want to get a discount.

Doh. Bad times. :(

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest hecatae

THANKS hecatae

Incidentally, this afternoon, I popped into an Orange store (Northampton - Grosvenor Centre) to enquire, and they said they knew nothing about the INSTORE release date of this phone.

Apparently they only get deliveries of new phones on Tuesdays, so even though the SF2 is released on Thursday, it looks like I'll be waiting a week to receive it if I want to get a discount.

Doh. Bad times.

Yeah you get better service from the shake away and millies cookies than our local orange store.

Everytime a phone got reduced you had to make them search out back for it.

I shall be asking them if they have stock on Thursday.

Not far to drive to orange flagship store in Milton keynes

Guest n4y4nrules

Yeah you get better service from the shake away and millies cookies than our local orange store.

Everytime a phone got reduced you had to make them search out back for it.

I shall be asking them if they have stock on Thursday.

Not far to drive to orange flagship store in Milton keynes

I just bit the proverbial 'NO DISCOUNT' bullet and have blindly ordered one online to be delivered on Thursday morning. £12.12 cashback through the website http://www.topcashback.co.uk

Oh well, it's a small consolation that they are giving away a free '£60 value gift box' at the moment. Pair of INTENTIONALLY OVERVALUED ugly chrome look headphones. :angry:

OH ORANGE... :rolleyes:

Guest raverrr

Just buy an OMC instead and enjoy a 4.3" screen. Now that they can be unlocked it does seem a worthy difference to my faithful blade.

out does indeed but the sf2 is a brand new challenge :)

Guest dibbles

out does indeed but the sf2 is a brand new challenge :)

I understand that, I think :)

For me the spec differences between the SF and SF II are too little to justify buying it.

Once that it was possible to unlock the OMC I now have it running fine at over 900mhz, not tried any faster, and using a port of the CM 7 ROM.

The screen is simply gorgeous and differences in the camera from the SF, which is similar to the SF II, is a worthy difference as well.

I think that the SF II is a good phone but, for me, not good enough to simply change it from a SF I.

Guest The Soup Thief

Sorry - bit out of the loop on this

I assumed from the picture that it has a front facing camera, but Orange don't hoot about this in their specs list, mentioning only a 5mp camera. Anyone know if there's a front facing camera also?

Also, does anyone know who makes it? I've assumed that it actually is ZTE - an actual revision of the Blade, but you just never really know. Given its similarity to the Skate it very likely is. Any guesses what it might be? (ie not a blade or a skate - is this the blade plus / blade ii?)

Wonder if it might put a bit of pep back in the forum, which has been getting a bit lacklustre just lately (no offence meant! ;) )

Guest n4y4nrules

This, I believe, is the Orange San Francisco II. (re-badged ZTE Crescent)

From all of the information leaked about this phone, simply put, the OSF2 looks like a blade shell with a faster CPU and a Libra 5MP camera. :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest Chris Banks

This, I believe, is the Orange San Francisco II. (re-badged ZTE Crescent)

From all of the information leaked about this phone, simply put, the OSF2 looks like a blade shell with a faster CPU and a Libra 5MP camera. :)

Looks like a completely different shell to me, no?

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Looks like a completely different shell to me, no?

Quite similar I think, look under the battery cover and the layout is quite similar, and I think the camera is too. Wish the bezel wasn't so big though :P

Guest deksman2

I don't really see what the big deal is about this phone.

It has a 5MP camera, a 200MhZ faster CPU (likely again ARMv6) and a different shell design.

Everything else is the same like the original OSF/Blade.

I would rather get the Monte Carlo and enjoy the same specs on a much larger screen.

The OSF II is in my opinion a 'worthless' rebadge and a waste of time/money.

If it was the ZTE Aglaia V881, THEN it would be worth considering given the stronger/better CPU and 3.8" screen (with all other specs being identical to the Monte Carlo).

But one thing I don't get.

Why wasn't the Monte Carlo branded the OSF II?

Seriously.

They could have placed a 1GhZ snapdragon CPU inside while keeping the 4.3" screen and other specs, and then it would actually be considered a very noteworthy successor to the Blade.

The Aglaila is a step in the right direction yes, but it DOES have a 3.8" screen (which is GOOD - certainly, but not GREAT).

Guest PedroVader

Afaik, its comparable skate hardware, with a smaller screen in a blade style shell...glad I bought the skate if I'm honest, screen real estate wins it at this price point.

I had a look at the headphones on the angle & curve website, they look better in black, and priced at 60 quid on there, can they really be that bad?

Guest The Inbetweener

this is the blade plus.

the blade 2 is due next year

There is a Blade 2 due out next year? I'd like to check out the info on that.

Where did you read about it?

Guest Sebastian404

Most Orange stores get deliverers every day apart from Sunday & Monday, normaly in the afternoon. However traditionally new devices turn up on Thursdays...

and I know a lot of you are keen to start messing with it, but if the Tureis is anything to go by, it might not be as easy as you think.

Also, we're fairly sure this is a Roamer, also available in the US as the AT&T Avail....

Guest The Soup Thief

@sebastien404 I really don't think this is a ZTE Roamer

http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/info/201105/t20110518_234870.html

That has an hvga screen, 2mp camera and looks totally different from this

Similarly the AT&T Avail - same chassis as the Roamer but 5mp camera. Totally different from this blade warm over though

http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/phones/AT-T-Avail_id6496

Guest Sebastian404

if you watch this video:

at about the 0:49 mark you can see the baseband is P736, and I've been told that the Roamer is P736TV, so if its not the Roamer is fairly close to it..