kernel 2.6.32

Guest pier11

Guest lloco73

Interesting. Which rom it was?

When I first developed the kernel, I tested it on UK2010 rom, and was able to run it into user interface. But had some unavoidable error - android complained something about system process.

So I switched to cm7 after that.

Curious what changed in recent kernel so Eclair started to like it more. IPv6? :)

EDIT:

wifi won't work if you did not replace wifi driver and its firmware in rom. Kernel modules, ar6000.ko wifi driver in our case, are specific to particular kernel version.

This test was made with U8230 TMN rom (U8230V100R001C75B828).

I allready tried before but like you had errors, so i gave up of it.

This was just a test like out of the box with very minor changes so i can see if your kernel was ok. This is an idea for an hypothetic use of kernel .32 with eclair.

The .29 kernel that is working (on FLB1.7 for example) is not of my like. Altough it is overclocked i miss the virtual cdrom and the apps for working on windows. with the .32 kernel this is resolved although windows sees it as an ideos.

Guest pier11

The .29 kernel that is working (on FLB1.7 for example) is not of my like. Altough it is overclocked i miss the virtual cdrom ...

does virtual CD rom works for you with .32 kernel?

I never tried it as pulse doesn't have much storage space.

But always wanted to shut its attempts to find the *.iso file :) May be I shouldn't since you use it :)

Edited by pier11

Guest lloco73

does virtual CD rom works for you with .32 kernel?

I never tried it as pulse doesn't have much storage space.

But always wanted to shut its attempts to find the *.iso file :) May be I shouldn't since you use it :)

yes it works, altough on the moment i don't have the iso image (deleted by error). on windows it appears a cdrom icon when phone is connected.

I think that like we have a driver not from our phone, phone is identified on windows as Ideos, the cdrom is only needed for adb/usb tethering.

Do not try to shut the finding of the iso file. this is so stock that we might need it.

As an offtopic:

For windows users the Hisuite software from Huawei works like a charm to edit contacts, messages,etc, but only on the stock rom and it works by usb or by wifi.

On cm7.2 it refuses to install the hisuite apk on the phone.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lloco73

hi Pier

You said that latest um840 kernel does not have compat lights. Is this due to some compatibility problem?

If i want to use UM840 kernel on cm7.2 what version you suggest so that lights work? My goal is to have all roms that i use with same usb driver (for convenience purposes).

thanks

Guest arlindo.costa

Hi Pier.

Would it be possible to add other govenores to the 2.6.32 kernel like SmartAss,InteractiveX and OndemandX

Thanks for the great job you guys have done :D

Guest pier11

Hi Pier.

Would it be possible to add other govenores to the 2.6.32 kernel like SmartAss,InteractiveX and OndemandX

Thanks for the great job you guys have done :D

Here is another guy, who added them to my kernel:

https://github.com/destruct0r/kernel_huawei_u8220/commits/ecliar-compat

Try to compile that kernel. Instructions are here:

https://github.com/pier11/kernel_huawei_u8220/wiki/Building-and-packing-the-kernel-into-a-flashable-boot.img

I think I pretty much done with pulse development.

Guest destruct0r

Hi pier11! That's another problem: after using a device few days with newly builded kernel can't work g-sensor & compass :/  Try to replace kernel with your - same things. Reboot the phone solves it- but for 2-3 days. Is there any solution? Thanks!

Guest pier11

Hi pier11! That's another problem: after using a device few days with newly built kernel can't work g-sensor & compass :/ Try to replace kernel with your - same things. Reboot the phone solves it- but for 2-3 days. Is there any solution? Thanks!

Here is the CPU governors contributor, BTW :) Could you upload or link to your compiled kernel? Seem people here what to try the added CPU governors. Do they work as expected? Thanks.

Never noticed that problem myself... Never heard reports from others as well.

Edited by pier11

Guest twrock

Here is the CPU governors contributor, BTW :) Could you upload or link to your compiled kernel? Seem people here what to try the added CPU governors. Do they work as expected? Thanks.

Never noticed that problem myself... Never heard reports from others as well.

Pier, I don't know if you saw this question over in the CM7 thread:

Basically my question is about the missing button lights in the lastest UM840 boot.img kernel you made. I am now using that kernel in the Styx rom, where it works well. However, since the lights can work in the CM6 rom, is the compat patch for lights something you can put back into the kernel so we can use it with other roms and have working lights?

(My question probably shows my ignorance of what it takes to do what you do.) :huh:

Guest lloco73

Pier, I don't know if you saw this question over in the CM7 thread: http://android.modac...ost__p__1931960

Basically my question is about the missing button lights in the lastest UM840 boot.img kernel you made. I am now using that kernel in the Styx rom, where it works well. However, since the lights can work in the CM6 rom, is the compat patch for lights something you can put back into the kernel so we can use it with other roms and have working lights?

(My question probably shows my ignorance of what it takes to do what you do.) :huh:

Hi twrock

For what i understand in Pier's post he's ending the development of the kernel. we must thank him the great effort he made doing a .32 kernel to our phone.

A new one is taking the development (i think) and is name is destruct0r.

Guest destruct0r
Could you upload or link to your compiled kernel? Seem people here what to try the added CPU governors. Do they work as expected? Thanks.
See attachment - there is a compiled kernel + flashable boot.img for CyanogenMod7.2, CPU governors seems like working ;)

Added InteractiveX & SmartassV2 governors, various io schedulers - thanks to all

!Kernel in testing stage! - NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGED-BROKEN-BURRIED DEVICES!

Big thanks to Pier11 for the modified kernel sources

A new one is taking the development (i think) and is name is destruct0r.

No-no-no. I am not developer, just playing with sources

boot.tar.gz

Guest arlindo.costa

See attachment - there is a compiled kernel + flashable boot.img for CyanogenMod7.2, CPU governors seems like working ;)

Added InteractiveX & SmartassV2 governors, various io schedulers - thanks to all

!Kernel in testing stage! - NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGED-BROKEN-BURRIED DEVICES!

Will try that tomorrow morning as Ive got Styx on my Phone...

Thanks

Guest desalesouche

thx for this...will test in a moment ...just a question :where does the zimage file is suppose to be? in system/lib/module?:)

Guest destruct0r

thx for this...will test in a moment ...just a question :where does the zimage file is suppose to be? in system/lib/module?:)

zImage is a kernel without ramdisk for repacking boot.img - use "fastboot flash boot boot.img" 

Edited by destruct0r

Guest desalesouche

zImage is a kernel without ramdisk for repacking boot.img - use "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

installation ok....it is working but i don't know how to test it....:)

Guest arlindo.costa

For know the kernel is working well with Twrock's Onyx CM7.2. Set governor to smartass. Overclocked at 691mhz. Wil let you know how it goes :D

Guest twrock

Any reason why this won't work with CM6?

Guest destruct0r

Hi to all! Compiled kernel with ipv6 support (needs test, in tool "IPv6 and More" shows device ipv6 address, don't know how to test it ) and partially turned off debugging (may add some speedup - needs test). There is flashable boot.img for cm72 + zImage for repacking boot.img. Thank you again, Pier11

kernel.tar.gz

Guest desalesouche

Hi to all! Compiled kernel with ipv6 support (needs test, in tool "IPv6 and More" shows device ipv6 address, don't know how to test it ) and partially turned off debugging (may add some speedup - needs test). There is flashable boot.img for cm72 + zImage for repacking boot.img. Thank you again, Pier11

booting with onyx :)

edit:

first boot seem to be longer. but 2nd reboot take usual time may be one or 2 second less(have to check again not sure..)

when i open quickpic i can see pictures very fast.

in storage settings totals space=80.25 avalaible space=42.46( no apps to sd for the moment)

edit 2:download is slower on google play...

confirmed with speed test.net test1 ping=123 download 3159kbps upload 839

test2= ping 114 dl=2625 up=855

set dns show that google dns = dns 1=8.8.8.8 and dns 2=8.8.4.4 so does that the proof that ipv6 is ok?

Edited by desalesouche