[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest evilbrain

attempting to download the u 12 now. I've disabled my pin and there weren't any bootloops on u 10b.

however, do any of you guys know how to import my contacts vcard on ics? as I am not able to connect to the net for my contacts

a quick feedback after a quick (1hr) testing of update 12:

first of all, works surprisingly well, keep up the good work!

I'm using a european blade from 2011 February/March Originally Gen1, TPTd to GEN2 138mb system 2mb cache...

I haven't experienced any bootloops, reboots during the use, it accepted my PIN as well and was able to call, but didn't hear anything - the signal and battery indicator seems working fine. Used wifi, browsing

-Light sensor OK

-Proximity sensor OK

-WIFI: OK

-GPS haven't tested

-Acceleration sensor haven't tested

-3G: haven't tested (if I remember Edge was ok)

-Music: OK (doesn't route to earphones)

-USB/SDcard: OK (however once it dropped me from ADB and couldn't find device until reboot.

-Extremely slow - especially with animations enabled (RIL errors in logcat and of course HW accelearion is not implemented yet.)

PS: just got a reboot when turned on Flight mode

Guest t0mm13b

Right, where do I begin with this... to resume.. :)

For a certain number of people who are experiencing bootloops, after discussion in IRC (Hi Skywave btw :D) on this matter with some who have working telephony (radio), for others that bootloops (mine included), it was definitely related to how dalvikvm layer changed which is suspect behind it.

Possibly as Skywave noticed, its timezone related but cannot see how as reverting back to cm7 default, it works okie, the other possibility google changed the dalvik engine to take advantage of armv7.... yet fundamentally, armv5/armv6 seems unstable in certain arenas and buggy code is generated which causes the handset to keel over and die. For some way or another google has changed the under-the-bonnet of this dalvik engine which is what enables Android apps (APKs) to run on.

Combined with the addition of the armv6-vfp which was added, in a lot of cases, a big fat finger pointing at the bionic library (C Library) in which it bombs with suspect invalid memory address that contributes and cascades backwards to the android application which either bombs out or bootloops.

Further googling pointed to this linky here, which was quite a common indicator among those that experienced bootloops, either down to the bionic library or somewhere within the dalvik engine.

Yes, it has changed considerably in ICS. And no, not the simplest answer to deduce from as in "Well, why not copy the entire dalvik from Gingerbread and drop it in here in the ICS source - not as simple as it sounds".

But, lets hang in there and forget about the annoying bootloops and try get a solid foundation, and NO, asking for acceleration or improve the overall granularity of it either or any other "Hey I've seen this so and so feature from somewhere and I want it here."

Ultimately the goal is to get a fundamental but working stock rom in place, regardless if its slow or not.

Outstanding issues - libaudio, GPS (untested), Telephony (for some it works, for others) :)

(Cheers and kudos to other devs on IRC ;) )

Guest KonstaT

I just tried compiling with the new RIL stuff, but I have some issues. Build fails at mock-ril:

target thumb C++: libmock_ril <= hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/node_util.cpp
target thumb C++: libmock_ril <= hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/protobuf_v8.cpp
target thumb C++: libmock_ril <= hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp
target thumb C++: libmock_ril <= hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/requests.cpp
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
target thumb C++: libmock_ril <= hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/util.cpp
target thumb C++: libmock_ril <= hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/worker.cpp
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/requests.cpp: In function 'int requestsInit(v8::Handle<v8::Context>, RilRequestWorkerQueue**)':
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/requests.cpp:420: error: 'RIL_REQUEST_VOICE_REGISTRATION_STATE' was not declared in this scope
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/requests.cpp:421: error: 'RIL_REQUEST_DATA_REGISTRATION_STATE' was not declared in this scope
target thumb C++: libmock_ril <= hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/worker_v8.cpp
make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmock_ril_intermediates/src/cpp/requests.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp: In function 'RIL_Errno RspGetSimStatus(int, void*, RIL_Errno, Buffer*)':
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:142: error: 'RIL_CardStatus_v6' was not declared in this scope
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:142: error: expected ';' before 'cardStatus'
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:143: error: 'cardStatus' was not declared in this scope
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp: At global scope:
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:242: error: 'RIL_SignalStrength_v6' has not been declared
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp: In function 'void unmarshallRilSignalStrength(Buffer*, int*)':
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:252: error: 'RIL_SignalStrength_v6' was not declared in this scope
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:252: error: expected ';' before 'curSignalStrength'
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:254: error: 'curSignalStrength' was not declared in this scope
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp: In function 'RIL_Errno RspSignalStrength(int, void*, RIL_Errno, Buffer*)':
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:300: error: 'RIL_SignalStrength_v6' was not declared in this scope
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:300: error: expected ';' before 'curSignalStrength'
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:301: error: 'curSignalStrength' was not declared in this scope
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp: In function 'void UnsolRspSignalStrength(int, Buffer*)':
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:358: error: 'RIL_SignalStrength_v6' was not declared in this scope
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:358: error: expected ';' before 'curSignalStrength'
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:359: error: 'curSignalStrength' was not declared in this scope
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp: In function 'int responsesInit(v8::Handle<v8::Context>)':
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:518: error: 'RIL_REQUEST_VOICE_REGISTRATION_STATE' was not declared in this scope
hardware/ril/mock-ril/src/cpp/responses.cpp:519: error: 'RIL_REQUEST_DATA_REGISTRATION_STATE' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmock_ril_intermediates/src/cpp/responses.o] Error 1
[/code]

Removing the whole mock-ril directory gets past that only to fail later.

Also some files in ARMv6 patch seems to go into a wrong place. I think dalvik side of things should go into dalvik/vm/ instead of dalvik/.

Guest evilbrain

about the u12:

3g works well(pages load pretty fast),

audio plays(havent tried headphones though),

sdcard mounts.

in gallery pics show up only when you put your finger on the screen

flashed cm gapps but most of them don't even show up.

i miss the messaging app. with it i could test this rom longer :)

Edited by evilbrain

Guest t0mm13b

LibAudio, this is a tough one - kudos to TeamICS over on XDA for their github patches (in case anyone does not know, its in place in ics4blade github - and omitted the audio stuff until now), despite for some reason, to get the Blade's own libaudio working, I am running into conflicting compiler errors surrounding the namespaces which are clashing.

target thumb C++: libaudio <= device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.h: In constructor 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioHardware()':

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.h:322: warning: 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::mBuiltinMicSelected' will be initialized after/libaudio/AudioHardware.h:314: warning: 'int android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::mFmRadioEnabled'

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:112: warning: when initialized here

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp: In function 'int android_audio_legacy::msm72xx_enable_postproc(bool)':

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:912: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:917: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:922: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'virtual android::status_t android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::setVoiceVolume(float)':udioHardware.cpp:1128: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1128: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::doRouting(android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamInMSM72xx*)':on between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1370: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'virtual ssize_t android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamInMSM72xx::read(void*, ssize_t)':e.cpp:2087: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'ssize_t'

device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:2074: warning: 'frameSizePtr' may be used uninitialized in this function

rdware.cpp:1654: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::remove(android::String8 const&)'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::setParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1660: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::~AudioParameter()'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::setParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1661: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::keyRouting'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::setParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1643: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::AudioParameter(android::String8 const&)'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::setParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1649: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::getInt(android::String8 const&, int&)'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::setParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1649: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::getInt(android::String8 const&, int&)'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::setParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1654: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::remove(android::String8 const&)'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::setParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1660: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::~AudioParameter()'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::setParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1661: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::keyRouting'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::getParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:439: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::get(android::String8 const&, android::String8&)'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::getParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:441: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::add(android::String8 const&, android::String8 const&)'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::getParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:445: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::toString()'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o: in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::setParameters(android::String8 const&):device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:363: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::get(android::String8 const&, android::String8&)'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libaudiointerface_intermediates/libaudiointerface.a(AudioHardwareInterface.o): in function android_audio_legacy::AudioHardwareBase::getParameters(android::String8 const&):hardware/libhardware_legacy/audio/AudioHardwareInterface.cpp:108: error: undefined reference to 'android::AudioParameter::toString()'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/LINKED/libaudio.so] Error 1

That's what I am dealing with right now :lol:

Anyone can shed some light on this?

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest kallt_kaffe
... and NO, asking for acceleration...

Try this:

• Use this include directory: https://github.com/k...ree/ics/include
  • Add this to BoardConfig.mk:
    COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DMISSING_EGL_EXTERNAL_IMAGE -DMISSING_EGL_PIXEL_FORMAT_YV12 -DMISSING_GRALLOC_BUFFERS
  • And this:
    TARGET_SPECIFIC_HEADER_PATH := device/zte/blade/include

• Add libgralloc to Android.mk and gralloc.blade to device_blade.mk
  • Change egl.cfg to enable adreno200

You may or may not also need libcopybit. EDIT: Just tried deleting it and it works just the same without it so it does seem like it is used.

I've got HW acceleration on my V9 now and it's A LOT FASTER than without it. You still need to disable animations and it's not perfect but hey, it's something. :)

Guest tilal6991

Try this:

Use this include directory: https://github.com/k...ree/ics/includeAdd this to BoardConfig.mk:

COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DMISSING_EGL_EXTERNAL_IMAGE -DMISSING_EGL_PIXEL_FORMAT_YV12 -DMISSING_GRALLOC_BUFFERS
And this:
TARGET_SPECIFIC_HEADER_PATH := device/zte/blade/include

Add libgralloc to Android.mk and gralloc.blade to device_blade.mkChange egl.cfg to enable adreno200

You may or may not also need libcopybit. EDIT: Just tried deleting it and it works just the same without it so it does seem like it is used.

I've got HW acceleration on my V9 now and it's A LOT FASTER than without it. You still need to disable animations and it's not perfect but hey, it's something.

Excellent work. Will check this works on the skate as well.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Currently I am using this opengl patch (neglecting the changes for lge of course) for my build

is it the same one and should we get this commit 1st prior to yours?

It's in cm repo already. But I think it is the same.

Guest davidnintendo

@t0mm13b Perhaps it would be a good idea to change the thread name to avoid people getting in here to ask for a ROM or complain for what's not working. Maybe changing it to something like Android AOSP development or anything else that doesn't include ICS on the title may lead to less people watching the thread and, therefore, there would be less useless posts.

Edited by davidnintendo

Guest liamdunn

Morning guys.

Apologies it this is irrelevant you can delete the post if it is but I did a quick test just to see what would happen and threw in an mms.apk into system/app before flashing and surprisingly it works perfectly, I was able to send and receive texts the notification sound worked and it even popped up in the notification bar with a Smiley, it also placed the icon into the space between the menu and the browser, MMS is untested I never got round to that but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work, tho I'm pretty sure your all reading this going "yes we all know this" ha ha.

Again just to see what would happen I chucked in a few Google apk's which got me my Google account on the phone and my contacts and email from Gmail synchronized but not without a few FC's apart from Gmail, market worked a couple of times but then stopped working altogether, 3G works nicely tho I'm not too keen on the browser but anyway, I'm no dev and I know most of that wouldn't have been stable or worked at all it was just a "ahh what the hell lets see what it does" moment

But other than that things are coming along nicely so well done guys and thank you for all your hard work so far

Guest kallt_kaffe
Again just to see what would happen I chucked in a few Google apk's which got me my Google account on the phone and my contacts and email from Gmail synchronized but not without a few FC's apart from Gmail, market worked a couple of times but then stopped working altogether, 3G works nicely tho I'm not too keen on the browser but anyway, I'm no dev and I know most of that wouldn't have been stable or worked at all it was just a "ahh what the hell lets see what it does" moment

On my ZTE V9 I use the Google apps package from Koush: http://download.clockworkmod.com/test/gapps-ics-20111125-2.zip

Guest fedezubo

another update from italy ;)

version tested: update 12

Ok, with the simcard, still bootloping, no adb, no logcats... nothing. mad.gif

But...

Without the simcard, i can boot normally, navigate trough screens, and with animations disabled the UI is pretty smooth.. so guys keep up the great work, because it's freakin'awesome

PS i've bought mi gen1 blade last april.

Guest leopesto

another update from italy ;)

version tested: update 12

Ok, with the simcard, still bootloping, no adb, no logcats... nothing. mad.gif

But...

Without the simcard, i can boot normally, navigate trough screens, and with animations disabled the UI is pretty smooth.. so guys keep up the great work, because it's freakin'awesome

PS i've bought mi gen1 blade last april.

which tpt version? where you've bought it from?