[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest furrabbit.nh

Another thing I need to ask people is the mount point for SD cards I've checked the vold's of cm7. Sweedish springs rls5 and a stock gb and the mount point is different in each for the SD :s

Edited by furrabbit.nh

Guest Racerboy

I'm not sure if there all driver issues, most will be but its going to be hard to get them going, as for the sound it's working on the zte racer ics which is just a port of the hero rom which also works on blade with minor modification, but no sound.. I can't do much ATM I'm away from home for a few days. Working on 1 thing at a time is the best way but where to start XD I was trying to get SD mounted for quite a while earlier it wasn't having none of it :P

just a follow up from where i am at the moment with the Racer, may help you guys as Blade and Racer are similar but its for reference only :

with minimal changes to KonstaT`s build for the Blade earlier today, i changed build.prop, lib/libril-qc-1.so - bin/netd and also changed the kernal that we use for the Racer to boot ported cyanogen blade roms which worked no problem , basically same as you guys are getting at the moment, no sound but CAN mount sdcard to view contents and see files playing in media player, softkeys menu and back work, sound on the hero build and being able to mount sdcard did work but the rest is the same as blade build...

Guest skywave

To be postitive: screen brightness and even autobrightness is working fine. Although autobrightness might be able to be better with some tweaks.

Edited by skywave

Guest t0mm13b

just a follow up from where i am at the moment with the Racer, may help you guys as Blade and Racer are similar but its for reference only :

with minimal changes to KonstaT`s build for the Blade earlier today, i changed build.prop, lib/libril-qc-1.so - bin/netd and also changed the kernal that we use for the Racer to boot ported cyanogen blade roms which worked no problem , basically same as you guys are getting at the moment, no sound but CAN mount sdcard to view contents and see files playing in media player, softkeys menu and back work, sound on the hero build and being able to mount sdcard did work but the rest is the same as blade build...

What changes did you make to build.prop? to compare notes :)

Guest Racerboy

What changes did you make to build.prop? to compare notes :)

just these standard changes to suit the Racer, added the debug line which is standard for our ports of cyanogen blade builds

ro.sf.lcd_density=120

debug.sf.hw=0

ro.sf.hwrotation=0

qemu.sf.lcd_density=120

Guest t0mm13b

To wrap up so far, phone process force close is eliminated! :)

Apns-conf.xml has a version bump up from GB! (extracted from hero port-still no joy)

Anyone notice it takes long to boot? feels like as if trying to reinitialize databases each time..? permissions?

:)

Ps: easter egg found in Settings > About phone, tap repetitively on 'Android version'!

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest KonstaT

To be postitive: screen brightness and even autobrightness is working fine. Although autobrightness might be able to be better with some tweaks.

Does you autobrightness really work? I see no life in my sensors. Only errors in logcat.

@konstat in your blade ICS alpha 1 build did you have commented config.xml or corrected version?

Commented, but can confirm that corrected vales also work (=don't cause force-close).

Commented, but can confirm that corrected vales also work (=don't cause force-close).

Cool. I'm sure there's more to it but I was just thinking that commenting those lines would probably be related to the radios not working in the ROM. Do you have a build with the corrected file for testing purposes?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Ps: easter egg found in Settings > About phone, tap repetitively on 'Android version'!

I saw that in another video - and what an elaborate easter egg it is!

Guest tilal6991
To wrap up so far, phone process force close is eliminated!

Apns-conf.xml has a version bump up from GB! (extracted from hero port-still no joy)

Anyone notice it takes long to boot? feels like as if trying to reinitialize databases each time..? permissions?

Hoe exactly was it fixer?

Guest KonstaT

Cool. I'm sure there's more to it but I was just thinking that commenting those lines would probably be related to the radios not working in the ROM. Do you have a build with the corrected file for testing purposes?

If I'm not mistaken it shouldn't make any difference. I think that the overlays is used to set device specific settings and override the setting from elsewhere. So if you comment out the setting from overlay or you duplicate the value from elsewhere to overlay, the same values are used in both cases.

Hoe exactly was it fixer?

This:

https://github.com/t0mm13b/ics4blade/commit/a1d437cf8526d895a76e1a306096361db352c2af

Edited by KonstaT

Glad to see this, all the doubts that we had about running ICS on our phone are now gone!

sooner or later, we will get properly functioning ICS :)

Keep it up guys! :rolleyes:

hey will any1 tell me to fix the network issue?

Yes please do, what are you waiting for. :o :D

If I'm not mistaken it shouldn't make any difference. I think that the overlays is used to set device specific settings and override the setting from elsewhere. So if you comment out the setting from overlay or you duplicate the value from elsewhere to overlay, the same values are used in both cases.

aaah ok. thanks for explaining, I didnt quite understand what the overlay thing was all about. makes sense now. So back to the phone issue, I noticed a couple of libs were not included in alpha1 that were in previous ROMs namely libril-qc-1.so and libril-qcril-hook-oem.so. are these to do with the phone? are they necessary?

Guest t0mm13b

aaah ok. thanks for explaining, I didnt quite understand what the overlay thing was all about. makes sense now. So back to the phone issue, I noticed a couple of libs were not included in alpha1 that were in previous ROMs namely libril-qc-1.so and libril-qcril-hook-oem.so. are these to do with the phone? are they necessary?

Yes, they are the proprietary libs by qualcomm for the radio functionality i.e. ril layer... :)

Guest t0mm13b

@Racerboy: what was the fix you used to get the sdcard working? :D

Noticed this in the logcat -b radio

I/RILJ    (  247): Couldn't find 'rild' socket; retrying after timeout

E/RILC    (  539): Can't open /dev/pm_monitor , No such file or directory (2).

/dev/pm_monitor ... something to do with power mode? missing something here...

The rild socket /dev/sockets/rild is not started up hence zero radio...

Edit: Might be worthy to compare the hero's extracted ramdisk's startup files with our ICS's own... permissions problems somewhere more likely...

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

@Racerboy: what was the fix you used to get the sdcard working? :D

to be honest t0mm13b i didnt have to change anything to get the sdcard mounting in the blade alpha1, the mount points where correct already as expected with the vold.fstad

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/mmc0

the hero build i had to change the line

Guest t0mm13b

to be honest t0mm13b i didnt have to change anything to get the sdcard mounting in the blade alpha1, the mount points where correct already as expected with the vold.fstad

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/mmc0

the hero build i had to change the line

Ahhh cool! Thanks :D

So it looks like ICS has changed their init scripts in the ramdisk ... still checking it out... :D

Guest Racerboy

would the fact that the blade alpha1 has "init.d" folder missing make any difference, the hero build has it and blade has it ususally for cm7......but i dont know with ICS

Guest t0mm13b

would the fact that the blade alpha1 has "init.d" folder missing make any difference, the hero build has it and blade has it ususally for cm7......but i dont know with ICS

That init.d is dependent on having busybox installed to be able to execute scripts in init.d .. busybox is not part of the AOSP sources... but yeah I did notice that init.d alright... :D

Guest Racerboy

When I try to install this in clockworkmod 5.0.2.0 it sais "can't open <file> (bad)" I've checked the md5. Any ideas? what versions of clockworkmod has it worked on?

worked fine for me with 4.0.1.5 but i`m using Racer

When I try to install this in clockworkmod 5.0.2.0 it sais "can't open <file> (bad)" I've checked the md5. Any ideas? what versions of clockworkmod has it worked on?

I tested it quite briefly and flashed it with cwm-5.0.2.0, so it should be working ok?!