[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest FezzFest
Boots and works fine but no network/wifi yet using alpha1.

WiFi works fine using the patched wpa_supplicant binary from this post :)

Edited by FezzFest

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

I have not tested this ICS 4.# ROM yet because I'm using CM nightly ROM what I really need...

I do not know what all works on Blade's ICS ROM! but I know that WiFi not work!

To get WiFi to work it needs right WiFi files! I don't know does GB 2.3.# ROM's WiFi files work (in the wifi folder + /system/etc/wifi/ folder), if those GB WiFi files works then it's good! if not then does any other Android device have the same WiFi chip which have working ICS ROM too?

if the files works but WiFi not work fine then maybe the init.rc needs editing? (Blade's WiFi text?)

I really want use ICS ROM so keep up this ROM and make it stable! ;)

Guest t0mm13b

I have not tested this ICS 4.# ROM yet because I'm using CM nightly ROM what I really need...

I do not know what all works on Blade's ICS ROM! but I know that WiFi not work!

To get WiFi to work it needs right WiFi files! I don't know does GB 2.3.# ROM's WiFi files work (in the wifi folder + /system/etc/wifi/ folder), if those GB WiFi files works then it's good! if not then does any other Android device have the same WiFi chip which have working ICS ROM too?

if the files works but WiFi not work fine then maybe the init.rc needs editing? (Blade's WiFi text?)

I really want use ICS ROM so keep up this ROM and make it stable! ;)

Uhmmm... wifi is working by KonstaT... you have not read a few posts back? :)

Guest skywave

So for now what works and what dont? :) i dont want to read whole topic :) And where i can download lastes release?

Wifi after some mods, (single)touch, autobrightness

But damn what works is so smooth for something that is not even really alpha even without hardware acceleration.

Edited by skywave

Guest Racerboy

So for now what works and what dont? :) i dont want to read whole topic :) And where i can download lastes release?

you`ll have to read the thread like everybody else, and plz dont spam the thread with these sorts of questions....thx

Guest Davidoff59

vnd.youtube:kt8ZZLincUY?vndapp=youtube_mobile&vndclient=mv-google&vndel=watch

Looks like some one else working on this for blade. would it be worth sending him a link to here to try and get some collaboration going if indeed he did develop it himself?

his user name is kamil993

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest Racerboy

vnd.youtube:kt8ZZLincUY?vndapp=youtube_mobile&vndclient=mv-google&vndel=watch

Looks like some one else working on this for blade. would it be worth sending him a link to here to try and get some collaboration going if indeed he did develop it himself?

his user name is kamil993

the guy is using Konstad`s build, check the download linkys there both the same

Guest furrabbit.nh

im confused with the sd card situation, the blade realises the sdcard is present it pops up in notification area that sd card was removed if i take it out while powered on, and when i pop it back in it says preparing sd it just wont mount :@

On a side note the ICS GAPPS are pretty snazzy

Edited by furrabbit.nh

Guest fonehacker

I loved this ... pretty good developement... wifi working after the patch.

The browser is very fast....

Infact i m posting this from my ICS blade :-D

-sent using Blade ICS 4.0.1 alpha1

Guest dirlan2001

I loved this ... pretty good developement... wifi working after the patch.

The browser is very fast....

Infact i m posting this from my ICS blade :-D

-sent using Blade ICS 4.0.1 alpha1

GPS working ? (that's the most important to me :)

Guest hedgepigdaniel

VICTORY! (just a personal one, nothing new for everyone else)

got my first successful build of ICS to boot after fixing a few little things. I think I can do a full clean build in under an hour.

Guest dirlan2001

VICTORY! (just a personal one, nothing new for everyone else)

got my first successful build of ICS to boot after fixing a few little things. I think I can do a full clean build in under an hour.

I think you should leave the honour to t0mm13b.... regardless of the 32 hrs he'll need

:D

Did you notice that the phone wake-up just well when it's pluged (wall plug or usb) when it takes forever when unpluged? Is it because it doesn't really go to sleep when pluged?

Guest t0mm13b

Strange error... that I cannot figure out...

adb logcat -b radio

yields this in the output...

I/RILJ ( 251): Couldn't find 'rild' socket; retrying after timeout

Now, I checked in /dev/socket and sure enough there's rild/rild-debug...

So...is this a permissions related thing? as to why frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/RIL.java is not just "seeing" the socket? :huh:

My guess is the startup script in the boot's ramdisk is messed up...somewhat...

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

Hey all who working with ICS ROM! can you guys make something list to show what you got to work and changes like the CM7 dropbox or what it is where can see that which files is changed, etc. :)

and If I flash this ICS ROM does the ClockworkMod 5.0.20 still work fine so then I can flash back to CM7.1 N.. ?

Guest FezzFest

Hey all who working with ICS ROM! can you guys make something list to show what you got to work and changes like the CM7 dropbox or what it is where can see that which files is changed, etc. :)

Github?

and If I flash this ICS ROM does the ClockworkMod 5.0.20 still work fine so then I can flash back to CM7.1 N.. ?

Yep.