4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest franklinvv

Did you disable camera sounds?

P

Nope, I did not disable camera sounds. Before I baked my ROM, I read that people who experienced camera issues did disable camera sounds, so that's why I explicitly chose not to disable those.

I also got a FC while shooting some pics by the way. I quickly opened my logcat and saw a stack trace of one of those infamous OutOfMemoryExceptions which caused the camera app to crash. Quite odd, and I assume it's not related to the other issues but who knows ...

Guest Java Huan

i have the same problem for the camera, that just let me take one(somethime few) photos, i need to restart the camera to take another photo...

ps. i haven't choose disable sound patch.

Thanks!!!

Awesome! Should I continue to watch this thread for the status of the development on this? Or will you be maintaining a separate CDMA forum once you have the ROM ready?

LTE version is underway!

P

Guest buzzman

I was getting this problem with stock KK1 radio too. Wifi worked fine, but mobile data would be cut off from time to time, even if signal was 4-5 bars, and I know that I was in locations with good signal. Upgrading to KK6 solved my problem, give it a try.

thanks, gonna try this today!

for some strange reason battery consumption is getting worse since last update. I was getting a 3/4 percent per hour in stand by, now is at least at 5/6. I have undervolted the cpu and I am using on a range from 350 to 1200. has anyone enabled any profile (something like screen off?!?): I used to have a profile for screen off on my galaxy sII with a processor speed of 500.

any suggestion? thank you in advance for your kind attention!

Guest AndyCr15

I'm not your mummy, I'm not going to holding you're hand while we try to work out what you want. We're asking for just a little more info so we can help, all you will say is 'like iOS5'. We ask what that is.... 'like iOS5', to me that's pretty useless.

Guest frigorific

i have the same problem for the camera, that just let me take one(somethime few) photos, i need to restart the camera to take another photo...

Thanks!!!

About the camera freeze. I have it too.

I've noticed it often happens if I am in the scene mode "night". Might be a coincidence.

What happens is that buttons get greyed out and the focus rectangle-thingy still lets you select new places but other buttons dont work. If I try to press other buttons in the viewfinder overlay I think what I've seen is the focus rectangle move over to the edge of the viewfinder where that button is. Seems it is stuck in some focus mode? The shutter just stops doing anything when pressed.

So it doesn't freeze or force close, it just kind of stops working and needs to get shut down manually.

Things I've tried are clearing data on app. Updating from pre ir8 to ir8.

Things I haven't tried is wipe and reinstall. Waiting with that until someone confirms that fixes the problem, since I'm very happy with the rest of the system :)

Thanks,

Fred

No reason to be unpolite to me

i agree.. i too would love iOS 5 notifications but if someone doesnt know how ios noti's work then they probably aint gonna make them for us anyway!! so if any1 knows how they work AND knows how to make it happen on android then great.. if not both then no need to be unpolite.. justsayin

Guest thaMAXX

I think I can now reproduce the camera problem. The camera is focusing automatically after holding still for a moment. If you try to shoot a picture while the camera is focusing, it crashes.

Guest Tyrellcorp

I think I can now reproduce the camera problem. The camera is focusing automatically after holding still for a moment. If you try to shoot a picture while the camera is focusing, it crashes.

Yep... I just tried this. If you try to take a picture when the camera is attempting to focus the app freezes!

You have to come out and restart the app.

Yep... I just tried this. If you try to take a picture when the camera is attempting to focus the app freezes!

You have to come out and restart the app.

Okay, I too can reproduce using that method... although I have to use that specific method.

Now, is this a new bug or something we've just noticed now? Can it be verified as existent or otherwise on a stock 4.0.2 rom?

Guest Big-A-Rob

Thanks!!!

I had the same thing happen to me. Did not disable sound.

Okay, I too can reproduce using that method... although I have to use that specific method.

Now, is this a new bug or something we've just noticed now? Can it be verified as existent or otherwise on a stock 4.0.2 rom?

same here.. im unsure about stock 4.0.2 as ive never used it but on stock 4.0.1, i used to be able to hold the shutter button to activate the focus, but now when i hold it nothing happens.. i have to touch the sceen to get my focus. i wonder if this has anything to do with it??

Guest StuMcBill

Regarding Gmail LED in Trackball Alert, the changelog for the new version says that the Gmail alert has been fixed.

Havent got an email to try it yet though.

Guest Big-A-Rob
Just got an email. Still flashed White even though i have it set to Red.

Try deleting the gmail alert and re adding it. I contacted the dev previously and he told me too try that after sending him a cat log and it fixed it for me.

Guest Formel-LMS

I'll become my nexus today.

May I ask, if I loose something with this rom? I want to have it as stock as possible.

What I mean is: is this rom more unstable as the stock rom, or has it other bugs, that stock don't have?

Bad question, I know. I hope that someone can tell me.

Guest AndyCr15

i agree.. i too would love iOS 5 notifications but if someone doesnt know how ios noti's work then they probably aint gonna make them for us anyway!! so if any1 knows how they work AND knows how to make it happen on android then great.. if not both then no need to be unpolite.. justsayin

It's not about making them. There are loads of texting apps out there. Two or three times people have asked for more detail so perhaps they can help and the person requesting has been quite awkward about it. You call it unpolite, I would probably call just call it blunt. Tough. You don't want someone being blunt, be a little polite yourself.

"What's it like?"

"iOS5"

"Okay, but hows that?"

"Like iOS5"

"Which is?"

"iOS5"

That's unpolite...

I find it rather amazing that following that your whining that someone (me) called you useless.

Anyway, yesterday I tried to pay with Google Wallet as I had successfully done so with Revolution HD 2.1.2 the previous week and it didn't work with Ir8. It said something about it might not have been successful, then reader recognised, but the transaction doesn't go through. Anyone else used Wallet on this ROM?

Edited by AndyCr15