4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Me neither does my contact sync facebook and trackball not alert, not that error will have

regards

Trackball Alert OK here, working on fixing up FB sync! :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

The search button doesnt seem to be doing anything when pressed on the home screen?

Sussed out the rotation issue on the lock screen. It was a zip i was installing for brightness increase. It must have over written the files.

I suspect you'd modded something that's broken the search button too then!

P

Guest Planet X

Anyone get the same graphics as me? Sometimes the text in Nova Launcher becomes like in the screenshot.

No. I also use Nova launcher and it performs very well.

Guest johnboyw

I suspect you'd modded something that's broken the search button too then!

P

I reinstalled your rom without anything else and it still wont search anything from the home screen?

As a stop gap .. ahead of any mods which Paul might incorporate .. I worked up a flashable system-UI zip for the Beta 1, just prior to the circle mods being incorporated, so expect that if you use this on a bake that includes the circle mods it may break those mods. Use in the usual way, as a theme-able zip in Zip Themer then flash in CWM .. if you simply flash the zip below without theming it you will get my GeoSmall in White!

example: working perfectly on 4.0.4 beta1Ir11

post-628580-0-91237700-1329060152_thumb.

404SoftKey_SystemUI.zip

thanks for the theme :)

Guest PaulOBrien

I reinstalled your rom without anything else and it still wont search anything from the home screen?

Have you removed / disabled the Google Search app?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Despite my best efforts, I can't replicate any issues with the MHL functionality, i've tried with both the stock kernel and franco.kernel too, no issues. :blink:

If anyone IS having issues, I need a logcat...

P

mhlok.png

Guest MacAllan

Cooked my first rom today and have a question.

If i bake a new rom and exclude an app/mod that was present in first rom, what happends with that app/mod if i flash without full wipe?

Will it stay or will it be removed?

Paul, how about this question?

Would be nice to know before i bake next one.

One other question as well, if i would like to add an app (apk file) to the ROM, is it the same as zip file option?

Edited by MacAllan

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, how about this question?

Would be nice to know before i bake next one.

One other question as well, if i would like to add an app (apk file) to the ROM, is it the same as zip file option?

Each time you flash /system is wiped, so anything you haven't included in your new bake will be gone.

Including a custom APK is a case of creating the appropriate file structure in a ZIP and included it as your 'custom ingredient'. :)

P

Guest MacAllan

Each time you flash /system is wiped, so anything you haven't included in your new bake will be gone.

Including a custom APK is a case of creating the appropriate file structure in a ZIP and included it as your 'custom ingredient'. :)

P

TY, nice to know that i don't need a full wipe to exclude an app when i update.

Never created a file structure in a zip, guess i have to install it the old fasion way, unless you consider to add Apex launcher in kitchen ;)

Guest StuMcBill

Despite my best efforts, I can't replicate any issues with the MHL functionality, i've tried with both the stock kernel and franco.kernel too, no issues. :blink:

If anyone IS having issues, I need a logcat...

P

mhlok.png

What's the best way to pull a logcat? I will try and do it tomorrow.

Guest PaulOBrien

What's the best way to pull a logcat? I will try and do it tomorrow.

Does it FC as soon as you plug the HDMI cable in? What happens?

You can't live logcat as you can't have a USB data connection when MHL is connected (at least not with the cable i'm using). This should let you record and send a logcat... https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat

P

Guest StuMcBill

You can't live logcat as you can't have a USB data connection when MHL is connected (at least not with the cable i'm using). This should let you record and send a logcat... https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat

P

It doesn't FC the phone just instantly reboots.

OK I will download it and try and pull a log.

Guest jay84uk

You can't live logcat as you can't have a USB data connection when MHL is connected (at least not with the cable i'm using). This should let you record and send a logcat... https://market.andro...anlawson.logcat

P

Just tested mine and I get the same problem. Just reboots and won't boot at all. Any ideas about the system.ui as well? Still having that problem as well and I think I sent you an error report on it yesterday. Not sure if you have any ideas?

Thanks

Jamie

Guest PaulOBrien

It doesn't FC the phone just instantly reboots.

OK I will download it and try and pull a log.

Hmm, don't know if that will record anything useful then. Have you skipped anything in your bake? Quite strange.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Just tested mine and I get the same problem. Just reboots and won't boot at all. Any ideas about the system.ui as well? Still having that problem as well and I think I sent you an error report on it yesterday. Not sure if you have any ideas?

Thanks

Jamie

I managed to get 1 SystemUI crash, but wasn't near a computer so couldn't check the log. I got your report, but didn't see anything there that gave me any clues... if it was something I could easily recreate (like the MHL issue) then it'd be a lot easier to fix! :D

P

Guest StuMcBill

Hmm, don't know if that will record anything useful then. Have you skipped anything in your bake? Quite strange.

P

I skipped News and Weather, Earth, Books, Chrome, Currents, Online Gallery.

I think that's about it.

Is there anything else I can do that can help?

If I leave the MHL adapter connected after it reboots, it just continues to reboot (can't remember if it gets past boot animation or if it stalls on the slash screen)?

Cheers

Guest PaulOBrien

I skipped News and Weather, Earth, Books, Chrome, Currents, Online Gallery.

I think that's about it.

Is there anything else I can do that can help?

If I leave the MHL adapter connected after it reboots, it just continues to reboot (can't remember if it gets past boot animation or if it stalls on the slash screen)?

Cheers

Super-weird. If you still have the zip you flashed, could you pastebin the options.txt for me? That'll let me recreate it. Also, consider flashing the prebake and see if it still occurs (it's non-wipe, so it's pretty easy).

P

Guest StuMcBill

Super-weird. If you still have the zip you flashed, could you pastebin the options.txt for me? That'll let me recreate it. Also, consider flashing the prebake and see if it still occurs (it's non-wipe, so it's pretty easy).

P

Not sure about paste in but its here.

Your kitchen choices are shown below.

a

b

I will try and do a pre bake tomorrow.

Cheers Paul.

Guest jay84uk

P

My options are below for the bake with problems. I am just about to flash my new bake with different soft button options. I'll keep you posted.

options.txt

Guest jay84uk

OK so still having the MHL problems with the following options. I'll try to recreate the system.ui problem. Sometimes using ROM manager to reboot into recovery does it.

Edit: Do you think it could be the launcher in landscape option? Is this an option you would bake?

options.txt

Edited by jay84uk