4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lanxinger

Hey Paul. First of all thanks for your great work. I have some more bug reports:

I have now gotten the System UI Crash for the 5th time and everytime it happened in a different app. Also randomly the Provider name adds 3 pound signs afterwards, which sometimes appears, sometimes its just my provider. so normally I see Tmobile but now I see Tmobile followed by 3 pounds signs afterwards. not really a big deal but weird.

I also noticed that GPS lock takes a really long time sometimes and even if it locks its not accurate at all. I used the GPS Status app to re-calibrate and download GPS assistance data but to no effect.

Guest johnboyw

Have you removed / disabled the Google Search app?

P

Yes i did. Is that it then? Thing is it all worked all ok on the original MCR rom. I had the search box removed on that and that still searched from the home screen. Well i`m 90% sure it did!!

Guest johnboyw

Okay, I dunno what it is but I just reverted to Ir10, spent 15 minutes fixing my SMSC, then upgraded to Ir11 again, tested before and after franco.Kernel on both XXKK6 and XXKL1 and neither have MMS functionality. I get "Service not activated on network"

Hi I am on Orange and I cant send mms either. Same error as you have. I looked and my smsc is blank. I cant work out what it should be, that web site is confusing!

Did you manage to get yours fixed?

Guest PaulOBrien

I can't ever seem to get the trackball alert pro to work - Everytime I try to patch it says ROM not recognised or no patches available

Support is built in, you don't need to patch.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Good news folks!

After a late night session I've tracked down the SystemUI crash and i'm fixing it now. In other good news, i've worked out how to enable flashing from stock without a wipe (and future flashes without wiping). Watch this space! :)

P

Guest johnboyw

Good news folks!

After a late night session I've tracked down the SystemUI crash and i'm fixing it now. In other good news, i've worked out how to enable flashing from stock without a wipe (and future flashes without wiping). Watch this space! :)

P

Paul what about the smsc issue? How do i fix that?

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul what about the smsc issue? How do i fix that?

If you go into the hidden phone menu (*#*#4636#*#*) and select Phone information you can view your SMSC (by hitting 'refresh') or set it. IIRC Orange's SMSC is 07973100973...

P

Guest PaulOBrien

You star! Do I need to wipe before I flash if I am coming from the other IR11? Any ideas about the NHL issue?

MHL issue is top priority to try and replicate this morning then we can ship out Beta 2! :)

P

Guest masterpfa

Good news folks!

P

Thanks for all your efforts Paul, have you or will you be updating the build.prop too?

cool.gif

Guest jay84uk

Thanks for all your efforts Paul, have you or will you be updating the build.prop too?

cool.gif

Easy enough to do yourself, follow eddyos advice to me on page 11+12 I did it and all fixed now. Think I'll hold off baking until later when no doubt there will be a beta 2 :-)

Guest johnboyw

If you go into the hidden phone menu (*#*#4636#*#*) and select Phone information you can view your SMSC (by hitting 'refresh') or set it. IIRC Orange's SMSC is 07973100973...

P

I have tried this various ways already and it doesnt seem to be doing anything. I tried originally with +44 at the begining of the number. Still no joy.

Am I to click set or update once the digits are inputted?

Really sorry to be a pain Paul. I have followed you for years and always used your ROM`s as they are top notch.

This is really the only time I have had an issue. I do realise it is only Beta.

Guest PaulOBrien

cool.gif

I will be adding 4.0.2 build.prop as an option in the kitchen shortly.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I have tried this various ways already and it doesnt seem to be doing anything. I tried originally with +44 at the begining of the number. Still no joy.

Really sorry to be a pain Paul. I have followed you for years and always used your ROM`s as they are top notch.

Set... then 'update' should show the correct number.

P

Guest johnboyw

When i click update I get update error if i use +44 in front instead of 0. If i use just the number you provided nothing happens when I click update.??

Sorry the options are update and refresh!

Edited by johnboyw

Guest StuMcBill

MHL issue is top priority to try and replicate this morning then we can ship out Beta 2! :)

P

Is there anything else I, as someone who is having this issue, can do to help?

Thought I would ask before I head out for the day.

Edited by StuMcBill

Guest PaulOBrien

No I`m F****D nothing is working for me ;-(

Will installing your new ROM fix me? If not I`ll have to restore my nandroid backup.. :huh:

You followed the instructions in that post and used the encoded SMSC? Huh. I can't see Beta 2 changing anything in this regard. It does seem like a problem people have had on GN in general, but this normally fixes it. I'll try and dig out an Orange SIM here and give it a try.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Is there anything else I, as someone who is having this issue, can do to help?

Thought I would ask before I head out for the day.

Aside from flashing the standard Beta 1 prebake and seeing if you still get the crash, probably not...

P