4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest johnboyw

Paul the plot thickens......

After a lot of testing I have found some things out. This morning i received a mms! Now I sent this mms back to myself which worked.

I then tried to send the photo i was trying to send the other day. It wouldnt send. As would none of my photos.

Now i have sent myself an album cover picture. That sent fine. So my prognosis is this: It must be size related?

Does this help in anyway??

regards Johnboy....

Guest johnboyw

MMS were working on 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 ROM's for me - in 4.0.4 images are not resized properly (they not resized at all)

That I think is what the issue is. I get service not activated on network when trying to send photos.

That I think is what the issue is. I get service not activated on network when trying to send photos.

See the details of sent MMS - my messages weight ~1-2MB!!! MMS pics should weight 160kb at the most!

Guest webzeppelin

That's because Ir10 to Ir11 needs a full wipe.

P

i upgraded from ir10 to ir11 beta1 with wipe cache and dalvik only.

no issues or problems. ...

... excempt one time i baked a rom and didn't include the "launcher with landscape support". that time i was unable to get status and menu bar.

... i restored from clockwork backup, baked rom again (including landscape launcher), wiped cache and dalvik and flashed the new baked ir11 beta1 rom and had no problems.

... next time i baked ir11 beta2, wiped cache and dalvik and flashed and also had no problems.

conclusion:

it doesn't matter if you do a full wipe coming from ir10.

status bar and menu bar disappear if you don't include "launcher with landscape support".

Guest PaulOBrien

Ok Paul I can do most stuff, i`m not scared! But you might have to give me a little pointer as to how to push stuff. I am familiar with ADB etc.

adb shell stop && adb remount && adb push Mms.apk /system/app/ && adb reboot

:)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

i upgraded from ir10 to ir11 beta1 with wipe cache and dalvik only.

no issues or problems. ...

... excempt one time i baked a rom and didn't include the "launcher with landscape support". that time i was unable to get status and menu bar.

... i restored from clockwork backup, baked rom again (including landscape launcher), wiped cache and dalvik and flashed the new baked ir11 beta1 rom and had no problems.

... next time i baked ir11 beta2, wiped cache and dalvik and flashed and also had no problems.

conclusion:

it doesn't matter if you do a full wipe coming from ir10.

status bar and menu bar disappear if you don't include "launcher with landscape support".

Noted! I'll check that, thanks!

P

Hey Paul! Firstly, thanks so much for the great work! we DO appreciate it! :)

Now onto business, sorry to be one of the guys who only asks you to do things, but can you implement a 'Hold back button to kill' feature? I've always thought that this was the only thing missing from your ROM's. Thanks mate! :)

Guest jay84uk
post-847005-0-85802100-1329305677_thumb.
Hi Paul,

This is what I mean about system.ui I'm not seeing the error box except just before a restart however I am still getting the option to send debug information as shown in the screen shot attached. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey Paul! Firstly, thanks so much for the great work! we DO appreciate it! :)

Now onto business, sorry to be one of the guys who only asks you to do things, but can you implement a 'Hold back button to kill' feature? I've always thought that this was the only thing missing from your ROM's. Thanks mate! :)

Not seen that feature before?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

post-847005-0-85802100-1329305677_thumb.
Hi Paul,

This is what I mean about system.ui I'm not seeing the error box except just before a restart however I am still getting the option to send debug information as shown in the screen shot attached. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Could that be old debug information if you're not seeing the error? I'm a bit confused / lost now. :)

P

Guest jay84uk

Shouldn't be I've done numerous restarts, wiped dalvik and even stopped system.ui and rebooted to try and clear all errors. I still see the pop up saying system.ui has stopped when rebooting into recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Shouldn't be I've done numerous restarts, wiped dalvik and even stopped system.ui and rebooted to try and clear all errors. I still see the pop up saying system.ui has stopped when rebooting into recovery

And only when rebooting into recovery? Which UI option are you using?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

The funny thing with notification toggles is that everyone wants them done differently and with different toggles.

With that in mind, I still find using Widgetsoid works out the best solution for me... thoughts?

P

widgetbuttons2.png

Guest Christopher Olekas

The funny thing with notification toggles is that everyone wants them done differently and with different toggles.

With that in mind, I still find using Widgetsoid works out the best solution for me... thoughts?

P

I know this is a bit off-topic, but can you remove the hole in the notification bar when using widgetsoid? I prefer widgetsoid too but that damn hole bother's me as well as it shifting in place (up or down) sometimes depending on some other notifications... If I could figure out a fix for that I wouldn't need baked in notification toggles.

For me, I have the following setup

Wifi/BT/GPS/ForceDataSync (probably optional)/Brightness/SilentMode/Battery% (since I haven't flashed in a couple of days so I don't have a % mod baked in)

I think Wifi/BT/GPS/SilentMode are pretty critical

Guest PaulOBrien

I know this is a bit off-topic, but can you remove the hole in the notification bar when using widgetsoid? I prefer widgetsoid too but that damn hole bother's me as well as it shifting in place (up or down) sometimes depending on some other notifications... If I could figure out a fix for that I wouldn't need baked in notification toggles.

For me, I have the following setup

Wifi/BT/GPS/ForceDataSync (probably optional)/Brightness/SilentMode/Battery% (since I haven't flashed in a couple of days so I don't have a % mod baked in)

I think Wifi/BT/GPS/SilentMode are pretty critical

The hole in the notification bar was removed in Ir10, I forgot to remove it in Ir11. I'll be uploading that fix shortly (as you can see from the screenshot above). :)

P

Guest FatherD

ok .. I baked in CM contacts/ dialler .. should I be seeing anything different, they do not seem to show as apps in the drawer, the default ones appear to be the same! .. or are they supposed to be the same! huh.gif

Guest jay84uk

And only when rebooting into recovery? Which UI option are you using?

P

menu always active, both sides, no search. Options attached. The pop up to send bug report is random like before but I don't get the system.ui has stopped message. When i tell ROM manager to reboot into recovery I briefly see the message saying system.ui has stopped.

options.txt

Edited by jay84uk

Guest Christopher Olekas

I give in Paul I cant even get adb to work and i`ve spent all morning googling it. :(

Have you installed drivers for your Galaxy Nexus? What OS are you using?

adb shell stop && adb remount && adb push Mms.apk /system/app/ && adb reboot

:)

P

the other Mms.apk make no difference on the way the MMS are working - still same issue