4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

ok .. I baked in CM contacts/ dialler .. should I be seeing anything different, they do not seem to show as apps in the drawer, the default ones appear to be the same! .. or are they supposed to be the same! huh.gif

It looks extremely similar - try T9 dialling a name.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

the other Mms.apk make no difference on the way the MMS are working - still same issue

i wonder where the MMS size is configured then! I'll have to have a dig around! :)

P

Guest FatherD

It looks extremely similar - try T9 dialling a name.

P

Ah yes ... many thanks .. I was just expecting it to look different for some reason .. T9 contact dialling working, thanks

btw, do you have any plans to work in any softkey options in the kitchen, as someone was asking earlier? if so I am happy to donate my Geo sets in white and blue, and my SiamGlow set as guinea pigs! - let me know.

post-628580-0-53893800-1329310918_thumb.

post-628580-0-27434500-1329310949_thumb.

Guest MacAllan

The funny thing with notification toggles is that everyone wants them done differently and with different toggles.

With that in mind, I still find using Widgetsoid works out the best solution for me... thoughts?

P

widgetbuttons2.png

Widgetsoid looks ok, but i have one issue with it.

If i add gps toggle it won't activate gps when pushed, it just opens the setting page so i have to pull up notifications and check the box for gps.

Toggles according to me should not work that whay..

Guest PaulOBrien

Ah yes ... many thanks .. I was just expecting it to look different for some reason .. T9 contact dialling working, thanks

btw, do you have any plans to work in any softkey options in the kitchen, as someone was asking earlier? if so I am happy to donate my Geo sets in white and blue, and my SiamGlow set as guinea pigs! - let me know.

Funny you should mention that, softkey image mod functionality is coming in today's drop! ;)

P

Guest Christopher Olekas

If i add gps toggle it won't activate gps when pushed, it just opens the setting page so i have to pull up notifications and check the box for gps.

Heh, I never noticed this... I rarely turn GPS off anyways, so maybe it's time to remove it from my notification toggle?

Guest PaulOBrien

One related question... why would you ever want to toggle GPS bearing in mind it's off until you launch an app that uses it?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

If you could post the images for those for me, that'd be useful for my testing. :)

I don't need the whole SystemUI, just the updated images.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

As you can see I use WiFi, Hotspot, Bluetooth, Flashlight and screen always on. So, my point is, using something like Widgetsoid lets us have these, have them extremely customisable and keep the ROM nice and stock-y.

P

Guest Aiman Alorayed

i upgraded from ir10 to ir11 beta1 with wipe cache and dalvik only.

no issues or problems. ...

... excempt one time i baked a rom and didn't include the "launcher with landscape support". that time i was unable to get status and menu bar.

... i restored from clockwork backup, baked rom again (including landscape launcher), wiped cache and dalvik and flashed the new baked ir11 beta1 rom and had no problems.

... next time i baked ir11 beta2, wiped cache and dalvik and flashed and also had no problems.

conclusion:

it doesn't matter if you do a full wipe coming from ir10.

status bar and menu bar disappear if you don't include "launcher with landscape support".

As advised earlier i did a full wipe coming from iR10 and everything worked out fine. i do not use the launcher with landscape support option. the last bake worked perfectly with no errors what so ever after a clean install

Guest Christopher Olekas

As you can see I use WiFi, Hotspot, Bluetooth, Flashlight and screen always on. So, my point is, using something like Widgetsoid lets us have these, have them extremely customisable and keep the ROM nice and stock-y.

P

A friend of mine who switched from MCR to a CM9 kang liked the built in CM9 notification toggle because he said Widgetsoid was confusing ??? I just said "OK" to him... rolleyes.gif

Guest jay84uk

Nope still not sending picture messages. Showed sending for about 20 minutes then said the message couldnt be sent.

I'd suggest ringing Orange. It's a problem I commonly have and normally means they need to resend your MMS settings through. Worth a try anyway if all other options are drawing a blank.

Paul any ideas about system.ui that I can try? Or should I just keep an eye on it and try and see a pattern?

Guest PaulOBrien

I'd suggest ringing Orange. It's a problem I commonly have and normally means they need to resend your MMS settings through. Worth a try anyway if all other options are drawing a blank.

Paul any ideas about system.ui that I can try? Or should I just keep an eye on it and try and see a pattern?

Try and spot a pattern sadly, I can't replicate it.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

15 Feb 14:15 pre-Beta 3

• Widgetsoid icon in status bar is now hidden
  • Custom button images can now be pulled in on bootup - simply replicate the SystemUI directory structure (e.g. res/drawable-xhdpi/) under /system/mods/buttons and include the files you want replaced.
  • Launcher with no rotate resigned (user problem report)

Guest PaulOBrien

Sending....sending......SENT!!!!!!!!!!

Woo Paul you are a star.

I sent one from me to me and it worked spot on.

Lots of thanks for your help and patience.

Holy crap, got there in the end!

I'll include this in the kitchen in the next drop.

P

Guest Christopher Olekas

Sending....sending......SENT!!!!!!!!!!

Woo Paul you are a star.

I sent one from me to me and it worked spot on.

Lots of thanks for your help and patience.

So Paul, what'd you do!?