4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jay84uk

Gah, ignore my post above then. And we also have the exact same MHL adaptor. Seriously odd.

You could install this logcat tool - https://market.andro...anlawson.logcat - and set it recording then plug in, but the nature of the reboot makes me think we're not going to catch anything anyway!

Have you tried a different kernel (e.g. franco.Kernel)?

P

I haven't and I think my MHL adapter is different to yours. Someone else had the same one though. I shall dig out the franco kernel and give it a try. Can I just flash that over the top of current ROM? Just restoring back to IR11 pre beta 3 which was my latest build.

Guest PaulOBrien

I haven't and I think my MHL adapter is different to yours. Someone else had the same one though. I shall dig out the franco kernel and give it a try. Can I just flash that over the top of current ROM? Just restoring back to IR11 pre beta 3 which was my latest build.

Yes you can. It's insanely frustrating I can't replicate this or i'd fix it... and this is the only MHL adaptor I have obviously.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a quick heads up that i've just PM'd franco about a bug in his app whereby settings aren't reapplied on startup. I'm sure he'll fix it shortly, it's NOT ROM related.

P

Guest jay84uk

Yes you can. It's insanely frustrating I can't replicate this or i'd fix it... and this is the only MHL adaptor I have obviously.

P

Yeah why would you need more? Just started catlog recording before plugging in and got this :-) (which I can't upload as it's just an empty file, recorded zilch) The file I have attached is log since it started up, probably no help at all but I'll let you decide. Anything else just shout

On another note the launcher seems a bit slower in the latest build, bit of lag when going into landscape etc.

This is with Franco Kernel

2012-02-15-17-14-38.txt

Edited by jay84uk

Guest PaulOBrien

Just discovered a bug in ClockworkMod recovery which means backups / restores of /data over 2GB fail. So I can't restore after my wipe. Gah. :(

Hey ho, i've alerted Koush anyhow...

P

Guest Thomas Batliner

Hi all,

I'm running the Beta 1 baked by myself in the kitchen. Now it always says "Sorry only available for premium members". Is it due to my chrome or what am I missing?

Thx in advance, I'd really like to continue using this awesome rom!!

Tom

Edited by Thomas Batliner

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi all,

I'm running the Beta 1 baked by myself in the kitchen. Now it always says "Sorry only available for premium members". Is it due to my chrome or what am I missing?

Thx in advance, I'd really like to continue using this awesome rom!!

Tom

You should be set now mate!

P

Guest StuMcBill

Just discovered a bug in ClockworkMod recovery which means backups / restores of /data over 2GB fail. So I can't restore after my wipe. Gah. :(

Hey ho, i've alerted Koush anyhow...

P

Individual files over 2gb? If so, WTF are you restoring :-)

Guest FatherD

If you see the changelog, the zips now just need to put the files in '/system/mods/buttons/res/drawable-hdpi/' and they'll be applied on bootup, independent of which UI mod the user has chosen.

P

Oh OK, wasn't aware of that, but will post them up for you to checkout shortly. Am very happy if you would like to use them in the kitchen Have to say, that is a very smart feature, does it check for mods at each bootup?

Edited by FatherD

Guest jay84uk

OK so now on the pre beta 3 I seem to be back to getting system.ui stopped working popping up again. Any suggestions what could have caused the pop up to reappear? Anyone else getting this issue?

Guest mikekid7

Why is it when i press the power button to get to the power menu. The phone restarts. Is anyone esle having the same issue...And after 2 or 3 times, the phone re-activates...

Figured out the problem. I applied a Zip from another 4.0.4 rom that enables Native Tethering. That's why i was having the power menu issue. Removed it and no more problems.

Edited by mikekid7

Guest StuMcBill

Gah, ignore my post above then. And we also have the exact same MHL adaptor. Seriously odd.

You could install this logcat tool - https://market.andro...anlawson.logcat - and set it recording then plug in, but the nature of the reboot makes me think we're not going to catch anything anyway!

Have you tried a different kernel (e.g. franco.Kernel)?

P

I am running franco.Kernel.

Would a last_kmsg file help any?

Or is there a way to dump a live logcat over WiFi while connecting the HDMI cable?

Cheers

Stewart

I am running franco.Kernel.

Would a last_kmsg file help any?

Or is there a way to dump a live logcat over WiFi while connecting the HDMI cable?

Cheers

Stewart

I saw the exact same thing. Something somewhere isn't working properly. Did you still get the issue on the pre-bake like I did?