4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Hmm, looks like i missunderstand this about the zip file.

After reading the topic about it i understand it like i don't need the META-INF folder, i only need to create the system/app structure and place the APK file in app folder, am i correct? :)

Correct!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Morning Paul, i`m not sure if you noticed my question about increasing the brightness??

Maybe you`ve had enough of my pestering :P

I didn't see that, but the brightness is just fine for me personally at the improved 4.0.3 / 4.0.4 levels, especially with franco.kernel.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

OK, try this as a fix to the MHL problem (adb, it'll be added to the kitchen as soon as the fix is confirmed!)...

adb remount
adb shell rm /system/vendor/firmware/hdcp.keys
adb shell ln -s /factory/hdcp.keys /system/vendor/firmware/hdcp.keys
adb reboot[/code]

Basically the ROM includes my HDCP keys rather than linking to the correct location for yours, hence it works on my phone but nobody else's. D'OH! :)

P

Guest StuMcBill

OK, try this as a fix to the MHL problem (adb, it'll be added to the kitchen as soon as the fix is confirmed!)...

adb remount
adb shell rm /system/vendor/firmware/hdcp.keys
adb shell ln -s /factory/[b]dhcp.keys[/b] /system/vendor/firmware/hdcp.keys
adb reboot[/code]

Basically the ROM includes my HDCP keys rather than linking to the correct location for yours, hence it works on my phone but nobody else's. D'OH! :)

P

Ok tried it, just rebooting now.

I changed the bold bit to hdcp.keys, guess that was a typo?

Guest StuMcBill

OK, I am now playing GTA3 with my PS3 controlelr (Sixaxis Controller) on my TV!!! :D

One thing I have noticed is that I don't get any sound over HDMI, I am sure I got it before?

Thanks again Paul

Stewart

Guest PaulOBrien

Here you go.

It actually worked. But when i pressed the PB to get the power menu, it kept rebooting the phone. Not sure why, but i removed it and all is well now.

OK, cool, i'll analyse that and see if I can see what's changed.

P

Guest StuMcBill

I just bought the cheapest MHL adaptor I could find. I wish there was one that didn't need power connected to work tho as mine does?

P

I think they all need external power don't they?

Guest johnboyw

I just bought the cheapest MHL adaptor I could find. I wish there was one that didn't need power connected to work tho as mine does?

P

Yeh just bought one from ebay £7 ish... Looking into it they are all powered adapters.

Guest JasonKenny

System software buttons have disappeared. Coming from ir10. wiped davik and cache. was trying to avoid full wipe as some others seem to have been successful (or have I missread).

Anyone have any fix to restore system.ui buttons before I restore

Any help much appreciated.

Jay

Guest PaulOBrien

System software buttons have disappeared. Coming from ir10. wiped davik and cache. was trying to avoid full wipe as some others seem to have been successful (or have I missread).

Anyone have any fix to restore system.ui buttons before I restore

Any help much appreciated.

Jay

You answered your own question my friend. A full wipe is required for Ir11 at this time.

P