4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest insanemal

Hey I'm loving the rom. But I'm getting issues using Button Saviour and LMT on it. Both give horrid Java exceptions and don't work correctly. They only seem to have issues with 4.0.4 So I was wondering if you have any ideas about this issue. I can provide logs or whatever you need.

Guest Lupus77

Anyone also has trouble with usb host? No matter which tool (Drive Mount, USB Storage Watcher, etc), all of them freeze after first successful use and I have to close these app. Tried different kernels, so it's most likely not a kernel releated problem. Any known problems with usb host?

Guest Aiman Alorayed

I noticed something weird, the phone is taking screen shots on its own, i was going through the gallery and it had over 12 pictures of the lockscreen

i deleted them and since yesterday i have 2 more

I noticed something weird, the phone is taking screen shots on its own, i was going through the gallery and it had over 12 pictures of the lockscreen

i deleted them and since yesterday i have 2 more

I have noticed this too. A little bug, but not detrimental like the systemUI issue

Guest PaulOBrien

I have noticed this too. A little bug, but not detrimental like the systemUI issue

They are related, when the system has a crash situation, it takes a screenshot!

P

Guest CaspaTheGhost
Just trying 18.6 now, silky smooth and the recommended screen settings look good. Gonna see how 700/1350 conservative goes.

GPS appears to be a problem still.

Reverted back to LeanKernel due to the GPS issues, strange the way some kernels and ROMs don't seem to play ball together.

Guest Puzzlegirl

Reverted back to LeanKernel due to the GPS issues, strange the way some kernels and ROMs don't seem to play ball together.

No GPS problem here with Franco's kernel and this ROM

guys is there a way to make lockscreen like 4 way style or more maybe, customizable also?

Go Launcher has options to customise the lockscreen. Not sure if NOVA has these options anywhere

I got another reboot today using the gps in Maps. I couldn't reproduce it again afterward. But I can always get the phone to reboot by trying to clear the agps data. i have attached the error log. Hope that helps. It's my first time trying to save a log.

*edit: seems like I can't attach files from my phone. I will have to do it later.

Edited by bitbit

Guest beejizzle

I build my rom from kitchen 22 February and everytime I start the phone i get "SystemUI has stopped working" or something and the statusbar is gone, is this a common problem with any special combination in the kitchen?

I build my rom from kitchen 22 February and everytime I start the phone i get "SystemUI has stopped working" or something and the statusbar is gone, is this a common problem with any special combination in the kitchen?

Try rebaking. Was an issue but should be fixed now.

Guest CaspaTheGhost

No GPS problem here with Franco's kernel and this ROM

Girl, like your namesake.

Its a no go for me, but works with AOKP on my phone.

Puzzling.

Guest undisclosedpower

Just got my nexus back from the samsung repair shop, where they helpfully restored my phone to latest samsung settings (oddly enough a 4.0.1 build) and have rooted with superboot. Flashed clockworkmod with rommanager. And tried to go back to the MCR. Sadly I'm stuck in a boot loop, the log of which follows.

[W/PackageManager( 4899): Unknown permission android.permission.SUBSCRIBED_FEEDS_WRITE in package com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts

D/dalvikvm( 4899): GC_CONCURRENT freed 537K, 17% free 15936K/19143K, paused 2ms+3ms

D/dalvikvm( 4899): GC_EXPLICIT freed 250K, 17% free 15904K/19143K, paused 5ms+3ms

I/SystemServer( 4899): Account Manager

D/PackageManager( 4899): generateServicesMap(android.accounts.AccountAuthenticator): 3 services unchanged

I/SystemServer( 4899): Content Manager

D/PackageManager( 4899): generateServicesMap(android.content.SyncAdapter): 13 services unchanged

W/ActivityManager( 4899): Unable to start service Intent { act=uk.co.lilhermit.android.TrackballAlert.service.iTAservice }: not found

I/SystemServer( 4899): System Content Providers

E/ActivityThread( 4899): Failed to find provider info for settings

E/System  ( 4899): ******************************************

E/System  ( 4899): ************ Failure starting core service

E/System  ( 4899): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/System  ( 4899):      at android.provider.Settings$NameValueCache.getString(Settings.java:711)

E/System  ( 4899):      at android.provider.Settings$Secure.getString(Settings.java:2207)

E/System  ( 4899):      at android.provider.Settings$Secure.getInt(Settings.java:2275)

E/System  ( 4899):      at com.android.server.am.CoreSettingsObserver.populateCoreSettings(CoreSettingsObserver.java:93)

E/System  ( 4899):      at com.android.server.am.CoreSettingsObserver.sendCoreSettings(CoreSettingsObserver.java:70)

E/System  ( 4899):      at com.android.server.am.CoreSettingsObserver.<init>(CoreSettingsObserver.java:55)

E/System  ( 4899):      at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.installSystemProviders(ActivityManagerService.java:6098)

E/System  ( 4899):      at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:190)

I/SystemServer( 4899): Input Method Service

W/InputManagerService( 4899): Couldn't create dir.: /data/system/inputmethod

E/ActivityThread( 4899): Failed to find provider info for settings

F/SystemServer( 4899): BOOT FAILURE starting Input Manager Service

F/SystemServer( 4899): java.lang.NullPointerException

F/SystemServer( 4899):  at android.provider.Settings$NameValueCache.getString(Settings.java:711)

F/SystemServer( 4899):  at android.provider.Settings$Secure.getString(Settings.java:2207)

F/SystemServer( 4899):  at com.android.server.InputMethodManagerService.buildInputMethodListLocked(InputMethodManagerService.java:1966)

F/SystemServer( 4899):  at com.android.server.InputMethodManagerService.<init>(InputMethodManagerService.java:556)

F/SystemServer( 4899):  at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:267)

F/SystemServer( 4899): BOOT FAILURE making display ready

F/SystemServer( 4899):  at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:283)

F/SystemServer( 4899): BOOT FAILURE performing boot dexopt

F/SystemServer( 4899):  at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.showBootMessage(ActivityManagerService.java:3878)

F/SystemServer( 4899):  at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.performBootDexOpt(PackageManagerService.java:2992)

F/SystemServer( 4899):  at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:289)

W/SystemServer( 4899): ***********************************************

I/SystemServer( 4899): Accessibility Manager

W/dalvikvm( 4899): threadid=11: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a401f8)

I/Process ( 4899): Sending signal. PID: 4899 SIG: 9

E/AndroidRuntime( 4899): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: android.server.ServerThread

E/AndroidRuntime( 4899): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime( 4899):        at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.showBootMessage(ActivityManagerService.java:3878)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4899):        at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:295)

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'cpuinfo' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'account' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'usagestats' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'permission' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'telephony.registry' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'package' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'activity' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'batteryinfo' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'power' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'sensorservice' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'gfxinfo' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'accessibility' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'content' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'meminfo' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'entropy' died

E/installd(  161): eof

E/installd(  161): failed to read size

I/installd(  161): closing connection

I/Zygote  ( 4867): Exit zygote because system server (4899) has terminated

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'media.audio_flinger' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'media.player' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'media.camera' died

I/ServiceManager(  146): service 'media.audio_policy' died

I/Netd    ( 4921): Netd 1.0 starting

D/AndroidRuntime( 4923): 

D/AndroidRuntime( 4923): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit <<<<<<

D/AndroidRuntime( 4923): CheckJNI is OFF

I/        ( 4920): ServiceManager: 0xf958

I/AudioFlinger( 4920): Loaded primary audio interface from Tuna audio HW HAL (audio)

I/AudioFlinger( 4920): Using 'Tuna audio HW HAL' (audio.primary) as the primary audio interface

I/AudioFlinger( 4920): Loaded a2dp audio interface from A2DP Audio HW HAL (audio)

I/CameraService( 4920): CameraService started (pid=4920)

I/AudioFlinger( 4920): AudioFlinger's thread 0x1ec00 ready to run

W/AudioFlinger( 4920): Thread AudioOut_1 cannot connect to the power manager service

W/AudioFlinger( 4920): Thread AudioOut_1 cannot connect to the power manager service

I/AudioPolicyService( 4920): Loaded audio policy from LEGACY Audio Policy HAL (audio_policy)I/SamplingProfilerIntegration( 4923): Profiling disabled.

This happens both with IR10 and a Custom baked IR9 that I was using before sending the phone to Samsung.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Edit: Ok Massive numpty alert. Forgot that since this phone has been factory reset by samsung I need to do a full wipe before flashing the MCR. All done and happy now :) Thanks again Paul!

M.

Edited by undisclosedpower

Guest jmagee

Whatever happened to the new beta that was gonna come out last week?

Change in plans?

Just wondering

I think I'll own up to that one with my SystemUI problems oh and MWC Barcelona must have been too attractive for Paul :-)

Guest lupipe

hi..i have some really strange problem, so I want to check is it rom releated..last night i recorded video clip and wanted to check sound quality on speakers. so i took 3.5" cabel to connect nexus with external speakers, but when I pressed play in gallery to see clip, clip was immediately paused by it self..i tried so many times to play it but with no success...this was hapening with all media players (youtube, soundcloud, music player, winamp..)..then i came home and i pluged nexus original headphones and everything was ok..this morning i tried again, and again i had same "bug" on extrenal speakers, this time music was playing for some 20, 30 sec or minute and then paused again...headphones still fine...weird...so i was pissed cause i use GN much more for extrenal devices then headphones and I decided to return it to store, but they will not give me new one (it is 8 days old today, they will send it to service)..becasue of that i returned stock rom on it, but phone is stil rooted, and now after i brought stock rom, music is playing fine on every device...so this is why i ask if someone had similar problem on this rom...i was using this rom (latest version + franco 18.6 kernel)..

Edited by lupipe

Guest lupipe

Have you changed the maximum sound value in Franco Kernel?

no I didn't, I had volume + instaled, but i uninstall it to see will that help, but no...I have volume + atm on stock rom, playing with no problem at all...ufff 4.0.2. sucks, this 4.0.4 was real refreshment...

EDIT :

I could not stand 4.0.2 with all that lag inside, so i decided to return this 4.0.4 but I didn't changed kernel...so far all good with sound, fingers crossed...

Edited by lupipe

Guest CaspaTheGhost

I have working GPS with Franco's latest nightly #19!!!

The boot.img is available via his G+ or a link from his XDA thread.... Running extremely well at the moment.

post-697384-133072778818_thumb.png

Guest Julprod

hi..i have some really strange problem, so I want to check is it rom releated..last night i recorded video clip and wanted to check sound quality on speakers. so i took 3.5" cabel to connect nexus with external speakers, but when I pressed play in gallery to see clip, clip was immediately paused by it self..i tried so many times to play it but with no success...this was hapening with all media players (youtube, soundcloud, music player, winamp..)..then i came home and i pluged nexus original headphones and everything was ok..this morning i tried again, and again i had same "bug" on extrenal speakers, this time music was playing for some 20, 30 sec or minute and then paused again...headphones still fine...weird...so i was pissed cause i use GN much more for extrenal devices then headphones and I decided to return it to store, but they will not give me new one (it is 8 days old today, they will send it to service)..becasue of that i returned stock rom on it, but phone is stil rooted, and now after i brought stock rom, music is playing fine on every device...so this is why i ask if someone had similar problem on this rom...i was using this rom (latest version + franco 18.6 kernel)..

I think I had the same problem in a friend's car. Is the "Pause" appears when you move you GNex ? The problem may come from the speakers cable. If it's a bit old, micro-disconnections may happen so you don't hear them but the device detect a jack disconnection. Try unable the "pause when disconnect" feature, it may come from it.

Guest Jeff Bower

I think I had the same problem in a friend's car. Is the "Pause" appears when you move you GNex ? The problem may come from the speakers cable. If it's a bit old, micro-disconnections may happen so you don't hear them but the device detect a jack disconnection. Try unable the "pause when disconnect" feature, it may come from it.

That was my first assumption. I also saw this in the XDA thread around Franco's kernel:

If you use AUX and you have the volume all the way up it pauses your music. You have to keep your volume in your device between 50-70 so it won't pause it.