4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kashabrown

HI there.

First time ROM flasher here. I am not sure what I did/did not do, but all I see is the boot animation going over and over again - the fancy colored tiles.

I am unlocked and rooted, used rom manager to boot into recovery mode, did a nandroid backup. I downloaded the cdma rom .zip file from the first page of this post and copied it to the root of the "storage". After the backup, I chose that file to "install", it went through the install in about a minute. Your instructions said to install the core then a package. I didn't see any "packages", just options to install a zip file or a file called update .zip. I then backed out an rebooted and again, all I see is the boot animation - this has been going on for 15 minutes.

What do I do now? I feel like an idiot.

Guest alphaola
HI there.

First time ROM flasher here. I am not sure what I did/did not do, but all I see is the boot animation going over and over again - the fancy colored tiles.

I am unlocked and rooted, used rom manager to boot into recovery mode, did a nandroid backup. I downloaded the cdma rom .zip file from the first page of this post and copied it to the root of the "storage". After the backup, I chose that file to "install", it went through the install in about a minute. Your instructions said to install the core then a package. I didn't see any "packages", just options to install a zip file or a file called update .zip. I then backed out an rebooted and again, all I see is the boot animation - this has been going on for 15 minutes.

What do I do now? I feel like an idiot.

Did you factory reset before installing .

Guest kashabrown

I pulled the battery, went into recovery mode, did a factory wipe and data then re installed the rom .zip file again. Could someone please help a newbie out?

Guest davidalow44

Well, this is interesting. Going from Ir10 to Ir12, I seem to have lost my Android navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. I can run apps, I just can't leave them!

I'm sure this is a trivial newbie gaff. How do I fix it?

Thanks

Guest DarkGruf

Well, this is interesting. Going from Ir10 to Ir12, I seem to have lost my Android navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. I can run apps, I just can't leave them!

Coming from ir10 you need a full wipe (factory reset) or you get bugs like this one. Did you performed a full wipe before flashing ir12 ?

Guest jay84uk

I'm sure this is a trivial newbie gaff. How do I fix it?

Thanks

Did you wipe before installing IR12? If not I'd try reinstalling after a full wipe cache, data and dalvik.

Guest alphaola
I pulled the battery, went into recovery mode, did a factory wipe and data then re installed the rom .zip file again. Could someone please help a newbie out?

Flash back to stock then retry it again. Use the gnex utility on xda .

Guest jmagee

How long is your boot loop? It can take a few minutes for the first boot. As long as you are wiping data, cache and dalvik then it should all work OK. Maybe worth downloading the prebake again. I haven't used the prebakes as I like the custom options so paid the few quid to bake my own. I guess the only other thing is to check that you are downloading the right one? Bit of a newbie myself still so trying to help out, sorry if anything sounds insulting. I'm just trying to think of the obvious things. My only other suggestion would be maybe to restore the nandroid then flash the new .zip through ROM manager telling it to wipe everything, shouldn't really make a difference but hey, you never know. :-)

Guest davidalow44

Coming from ir10 you need a full wipe (factory reset) or you get bugs like this one. Did you performed a full wipe before flashing ir12 ?

That's it! Thanks for all those who responded so quickly!

Guest jmagee

I'm redoing the SystemUI changes completely for a coming release, hopefully that will solve your issues!

P

Hopefully, I'm still seeing them. I can't understand it, keep doing a full wipe before a new ROM.I'm using the stock launcher as well. Hopefully next one will fix it.

Guest PhilipSeth

Hopefully, I'm still seeing them. I can't understand it, keep doing a full wipe before a new ROM.I'm using the stock launcher as well. Hopefully next one will fix it.

it´s weird.. I´ve never had this issue

Guest marcuso

Hi all,

can someone explain what exactly the "4.0.2 build fingerprint" does and if it makes sense to choose that in kitchen ?

I have an idea what it means (probably "faking" 4.0.2 based ROM ?), but what i don´t get is what sense this makes and in which cases this might even be needed ?

Are there market apps that won´t install without that or something similar ?

Thx

Marcus

Guest StuMcBill

Just flashed a Kitchen Build and I have the "Widgetsoid Gap" in my Notification bar, just cosmetic I know, but thought I would point it out!

Stew

Guest kashabrown

OK, did some more reading/research.

Paid to be an ad free member and did the kitchen for a cdma rom. Wiped all data and cache's, did a nandroid backup. Flashed rom and when I rebooted, the data connection on my phone would not restore. Just gray bars and no amount of rebooting/turning data on and off, etc. would restore my data. Anyone see this before?

I am restoring to my last nandroid backup to go back to stock rom now.

Edited by kashabrown

Guest PaulOBrien

OK, did some more reading/research.

Paid to be an ad free member and did the kitchen for a cdma rom. Wiped all data and cache's, did a nandroid backup. Flashed rom and when I rebooted, the data connection on my phone would not restore. Just gray bars and no amount of rebooting/turning data on and off, etc. would restore my data. Anyone see this before?

I am restoring to my last nandroid backup to go back to stock rom now.

Definitely not... so you did a nandroid backup then wiped right? So that was on a clean ROM?

Have you flashed the LTE device stock 4.0.4 to get the new radios?

P

Guest kashabrown

Definitely not... so you did a nandroid backup then wiped right? So that was on a clean ROM?

Have you flashed the LTE device stock 4.0.4 to get the new radios?

P

Yes. I did flash to get the new radios. Yes, I backed up first, then wiped data/factory reset, cache and davlik, then flashed the new rom. Seemed like everything was going great. Activated, then just grey bars (not blue) - no data. Made sure roaming was checked, turned data off and on, rebooted, shut down and restarted and no data.

Restored my nandroid and I am back up and running on my stock 4.04 and everything is working.

Guest nico1375

Hello

I baked an Ir12 and strangely I can't access my wifi N network.

No problem to join my other network (802.11 G) but nothing to do for the 802.11 N.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

nico

Guest PaulOBrien

Yes. I did flash to get the new radios. Yes, I backed up first, then wiped data/factory reset, cache and davlik, then flashed the new rom. Seemed like everything was going great. Activated, then just grey bars (not blue) - no data. Made sure roaming was checked, turned data off and on, rebooted, shut down and restarted and no data.

Restored my nandroid and I am back up and running on my stock 4.04 and everything is working.

Very strange, i've not had any other reports of that issue...?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Hello

I baked an Ir12 and strangely I can't access my wifi N network.

No problem to join my other network (802.11 G) but nothing to do for the 802.11 N.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

nico

Can you see it OK? Any error or any pointers in the logs? I'm on a .11N network at home...

P

Guest nico1375

Can you see it OK? Any error or any pointers in the logs? I'm on a .11N network at home...

P

Thanks Paul, where can I find the logs?

Yes, I can see the network, I use it with other devices at home...

It seems to have begun when I setup the router to reserve a specific IP address for the nexus. But I did that this morning for several devices and only the nexus plays the bad boy...

Guest jmagee

it´s weird.. I´ve never had this issue

Indeed. I think a few people may have had it in Ir11 Beta I haven't heard anyone mention it recently. It's a really odd one. Doesn't happen for about 24hours after a full wipe and fresh install but will then happen a good few times a day after that. Wiping Dalvik will sometimes clear it for a while but it often comes back.

Guest FatherD

Just flashed a Kitchen Build and I have the "Widgetsoid Gap" in my Notification bar, just cosmetic I know, but thought I would point it out!

Stew

+1 here!