4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest drewstiff

ocuv option fixed.

P

You sure? I just downloaded again and had the same problem. Only showing up to 1200MHz on both SetCPU and JuiceDefender Ultimate (I have JuiceDefender CPU control disabled usually but thought best to test).

Guest rubenGN

@Paul

Loving your ROM so far. Thanks!

Are you going to add the battery percentage mod to the kitchen?

Also a reboot/recovery option for the power button would be great! Is this planed?

Hi Paul, I am new to this rom flashing and I finally grew a pair and did it using your superboot and rom kitchen. It amazing. you must be a very clever guy. thank you for all your hard work.

I do have a question...

i unpicked google search bar in the rom kitchen and baked my rom, flashed it fine but the search bar still exists.

also the offline gallery ... still shows my google + / piccassa stuff.

should I wipe before upgrading a new rom? I used rom mannager / clockwork mod as advised.

Paul.

Not sure about the search bar but the offline gallery is a way of storing your pictures from picasa etc for viewing offline. I have read something else about the search bar before so maybe worth reading back a bit.

So far I have had no need to wipe before new ROM

Guest AndyCr15

I've just cooked a ROM and wiped before applying it. Now it's booting very slowely, the animation is jerky and almost in slow motion. I waited 5-10 minutes, it didn't seem to work, so I've flashed it again (checked the MD5 btw) but it's doing the same.

Any ideas what I might have done wrong? I should only select one kernel, right? (I went for the OC/UV one)

Guest montalbert

ocuv option fixed.

P

thanks for fixing- any chance of a flashable zip of just the new boot image with OC/UV working (my work frowns on me downloading 170+MB files :D

thanks

Guest LadFromWales

I've just cooked a ROM and wiped before applying it. Now it's booting very slowely, the animation is jerky and almost in slow motion. I waited 5-10 minutes, it didn't seem to work, so I've flashed it again (checked the MD5 btw) but it's doing the same.

Any ideas what I might have done wrong? I should only select one kernel, right? (I went for the OC/UV one)

Same for me. Boots fine, but once up its randomly fast then slow. Managed to play World of Goo, did other faffing, then put it down for a bit. Come back and it was laggy from the lock screen, bursts of fast then slow...

Seems from the thread on XDA that some phones do not like the 1.4GHz clock.

Guest AndyCr15

Is that with the OC/UV kernel too? I tried a different download with the OC/UV kernel and it did the same thing. Same download with the regular kernel is fine...

Guest LadFromWales

Yep!

Reflashing build with the pre-OC/UV kernel now as it was fine. I am not interested in overclocking, though a little undervolting wouldn't go amiss! :)

Guest sgauntlett

Paul, Any chance of adding in faster rotation as a selectable item in the kitchen rather than having it as standard in the rom? The rom is great, but I was satisfied with the delay with the stock rotation as it prevented my screen rotating when I didn’t necessarily want it to - the launcher in particular. Not sure if anyone else feels the same or if it’s just me though?

Paul please take a look at the Gmail problem I mentioned earlier: pictures NEVER download automatically, even when the sender is in the whitelist. Thanks.

Please disregard my previous post: I just realized I was not tapping where I was supposed to. It works fine.

Guest Paul Stephens

Not sure about the search bar but the offline gallery is a way of storing your pictures from picasa etc for viewing offline. I have read something else about the search bar before so maybe worth reading back a bit.

So far I have had no need to wipe before new ROM

If I disable the google search within the apps settings, then the search button which has been added by Paul doesnt work. its either one or the other. or am I doing something wrong? Paul can you take a look.

apart from that, loving your work!

Guest Argyris

If I disable the google search within the apps settings, then the search button which has been added by Paul doesnt work. its either one or the other. or am I doing something wrong? Paul can you take a look.

apart from that, loving your work!

Doesn't sound strange.Obviously the serach button is linked with google search.If you diasble google search, then the button doesnt work.Am i thinking wrong?

Guest siedkins

Just as a note of my personal experience with the new options in the kitchen.

I am using the new baseband for the first full day off charging and I am getting much worse battery performance than with the original baseband.

I am on Orange in the UK and based in London. I will be reverting to the shipping baseband for now.

Paul - any chance of adding the original one in the kitchen? I will just flash the zip file from the thread on basebands but I thought I would mention it in case people want a 1-stop ROM to flash back

I am using the new baseband for the first full day off charging and I am getting much worse battery performance than with the original baseband.

I am on Orange in the UK and based in London. I will be reverting to the shipping baseband for now.

Paul - any chance of adding the original one in the kitchen? I will just flash the zip file from the thread on basebands but I thought I would mention it in case people want a 1-stop ROM to flash back

Isn't this what backup's are for? 1-stop rom to flash back? :-)

I get much better battery with the new one. Been running it for several days now (flashed it manually when it came out). One thing I did note tho, the wifi sleep policy seems to be set to never by default. Did you maybe use wifi more since flashing?

Guest Darren.M

Hi Paul,

Is it possible to cook with a MCK + UV patch (no OC) until the OC stutter issues are ironed out?

Thanks,

Chris

I second this. Would be great if possible. (Unless there is a way you can disable the OC on the current kernal - I haven't got it yet since I cannot access the kitchen)

Guest Danny80y

I second this. Would be great if possible. (Unless there is a way you can disable the OC on the current kernal - I haven't got it yet since I cannot access the kitchen)

I agree... even with access to the kitchen its a 180meg file just to see if your phone will run the 1.4 oc.

Guest LadFromWales

I think

Txa6Em.jpg

from this ROM looks better, at least the buttons are aligned! ;) If it's anything like the usual CM power menu, pressing reboot will give options to reboot normally or go to recovery or fastboot. Who knows, not tried yet as it suggests a wipe which is time consuming. I need a working phone tomorrow morning :P