4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Is there anyway these can be hosted on ROM manager similar to other ROMs like Cyanogen or have you refrained from that as it removes the customisations? Just a thought as then you could push OTA updates for just such events

Taken a break from packing briefly to issue an update! Ir4 is live in the kitchen, prebakes to follow.

P

Changelog

30 Nov 19:50 (Ir4)

• Merged in ITL41F update
  • Optional Offline Gallery (no picasa or Google+ sync, allows Google Plus to be uninstalled / frozen)

Guest Stea1thmode

Taken a break from packing briefly to issue an update! Ir4 is live in the kitchen, prebakes to follow.

P

Changelog

30 Nov 19:50 (Ir4)

• Merged in ITL41F update
  • Optional Offline Gallery (no picasa or Google+ sync, allows Google Plus to be uninstalled / frozen)

Does that mean I can bake the r3 kernel now and still have the sound fix?

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest BigBlue007

Hi Paul,

I have 2 serious issues with your ROM (self-baked, with stock kernel, all UI change options unchecked):

1. The ROM won't boot unless I perform a data wipe. First I tried no wipe at all, then cache/dalvik wipe, but it would still hang with in the boot logo forever. Only after performing a data wipe, the ROM booted succesfully.

2. Maybe I just got this wrong, but one of the things I uncecked is the LatinIME keyboard option, expecting that without this being checked, the stock keyboard would be there. But actually I ended up with having no keyboard, neither during initial setup nor in Input Settings.

Most likely I would already love your ROM if I would have come any further. :D Will re-bake now and see how it goes.

Edited by BigBlue007

Guest Stea1thmode

Is it possible to stop just the launcher auto rotate, but keep it for everything else such as gallary? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Most definitely, I second thatcool.gif

Guest BigBlue007

Thanks!

Reg. point 1: I came from stock ROM. When you say "no wipe required", did you meant this only in case that a previous version of your ROM is already installed, or also not required if coming from stock?

Could the issue be because I have a german GN which is available just since today, and which already comes with the volume-fix kernel and maybe some other changes compared to the GN that had been released in UK recently?

Oh, and for something completely different: Can I bake myself a framework-res.apk with a battery percentage icon (don't need no other changes, just the icon) in UOT kitchen? I previously had a Nexus S with ICS alpha ROM. I could successfully bake a framework-res.apk, but after applying it, the battery icon simply remained unchanged.

Edited by BigBlue007

Thanks!

Reg. point 1: I came from stock ROM. When you say "no wipe required", did you meant this only in case that a previous version of your ROM is already installed, or also not required if coming from stock?

Could the issue be because I have a german GN which is available just since today, and which already comes with the volume-fix kernel and maybe some other changes compared to the GN that had been released in UK recently?

Oh, and for something completely different: Can I bake myself a framework-res.apk with a battery percentage icon (don't need no other changes, just the icon) in UOT kitchen? I previously had a Nexus S with ICS alpha ROM. I could successfully bake a framework-res.apk, but after applying it, the battery icon simply remained unchanged.

Regarding your point 1. I came from stock ROM to ir3 and now to ir4 all without wipes. Could it be that as you have a German GN the latest update has been applied by Google whereas all UK users haven't had this applied until Paul's ir4?

Guest masterpfa

Is it me or does anyone else find the phone /speaker volume quiet ? Is there anything that can be done about this ?

The Galaxy Nexus appears to have a low volume speaker from stock. There are a few Volume Boost apps on the market, NON of which I have tried, that MIGHT help. I cannot remember what they are called.

I do know on other phones such as the Nexus 1 and the HTC desire HD, devs have included Volume Boost within the Kernels.

Guest BigBlue007

My GN (with MCR but stock kernel) has a VERY loud speaker per default. I had to lower the volume to find it acceptable.

Maybe this is one of the things they fixed for the devices that are now available here in Germany.

BTW, baked myself a framework-res.apk with percentage battery icon in UOT kitchen, but no success. I can flash the package without any problems (of course only after putting the correct update-binary into the ZIP), but it simply has no effect, i.e. the battery icon remains stock. Any idea why this is?

OOoo, interesting :)

EDIT: Renewed my Ad Free subscription to get ready for getting my GN - although it charged £11.99 as you don't say VAT will be added when purchased. Bit cheeky, Paul ;)

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Annie the Eagle

Currently Nandroiding and ready to install Ir4, looking forward to it mate.

Edit: Installed perfectly :D!

Edited by Annie the Eagle

Guest BigBlue007

Paul, it seems like you forgot to integrate the auto-backlight patch into MCR. Until you fix this, would it be safe to use your stand-alone patch with MCR r4?

Paul, it seems like you forgot to integrate the auto-backlight patch into MCR. Until you fix this, would it be safe to use your stand-alone patch with MCR r4?

I'll double check the uploaded patches. Odd!

P

Guest Bierfreund
First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

how long is "a while"? I have 200+ apps installed, will that extend the deodexing process to above 20 min? I'm starring at the animated ICS bootlogo for at least 20 minutes now.

I flashed both prebaked files on rooted ITL41F stock FW (was already preinstalled on my phone here in germany).

I restored my CWM backup, did a factory reset and then installed the both files, this works fine - short boot time. But would be nice to keep my apps and settings.