4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm loving this ROM, I just have one small recommendation or request. I would be eternally grateful if you were able to make the new virtual search button perform voice actions when held down like the previous versions did.

Thanks,

Justin

Guest FatherD

First day after rooting with superboot r3 and loving the changes you have made P. I did notice the Think Free app is missing, but no major problems. I really like the four main buttons- feels more logical to me :)

Guest siedkins

Just joined Filesonic so hopefully will get upgraded soon.

Downloaded the r3 pre-bakes for now and about to get cracking. Titanium back up complete - and Nandroid on it's way before flashing.

Can't wait !

EDIT - Account upgraded - custom ROM baked and on it's way out of the kitchen !!!!

Thanks to the MoDaCo team for sorting my account so quickly - only a few hours !

Edited by siedkins

Guest Annie the Eagle

Now that the new Ir4 ROM has the Permanent Volume bugfix, will it be okay to install the Ir3 Kernel (for CIFS) and still keep the volume bugfix?

Guest Zarch1972

are you still on ir3? ir4 already has the update.

Ah right, maybe that's it.

So can I apply the OTA over ir3 or do I have to apply ir4 instead?

Or will the OTA knock out something from Paul's MCR?

Edited by Zarch1972

Ah right, maybe that's it.

So can I apply the OTA over ir3 or do I have to apply ir4 instead?

Or will the OTA knock out something from Paul's MCR?

Apply ir4. The shouldn't apply. If you force it too you loose root.

Guest frigorific

Hi, just a bit unsure of one thing.

For now, will I have to choose between the volume bug fix and CIFS/extended USB host? It's not possible to have them all?

Or could i flash ir4 mcr with the "MoDaCo Custom Kernel r3" and then apply the volume bug fix from here: ?

Fredrik

The MCK (custom kernel) doen't have the volume fix at the moment.

Google released the kernel source yesterday to the AOSP tree, so now Paul can make the custom kernel which includes this volume bugfix.

Guest rubenGN

Taking Screenshots with Vol. down + Power does not work for me. Is it ROM related?

You have to push both buttons at the same time and hold them for about 1-2 seconds. Takes a bit getting used to it, but it definitely works.

Guest Bierfreund

You have to push both buttons at the same time and hold them for about 1-2 seconds. Takes a bit getting used to it, but it definitely works.

Thx! I did not press both buttons long enough. After your tip it works like a charm

Guest Big-A-Rob

I really love this phone, ICS, and the tweaks in this ROM. I do have 2 tweaks i would like to propose for the launcher. Would it be possible to modify the stock launcher to allow 7 homescreens, and the ability to remove the quick search bar from every homescreen? I like the quick search bar but on every screen it is a bit overkill, especially with the newly added search button in the task bar.

Updates coming tomorrow (now my broadband is back and i'm setting my computer up!)

Changes:

• Ir4 prebake
  • KK6 baseband in kitchen
  • Updated MCK with volume fix

:)

P