4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest millerliteguy

Paul,

Not sure if you missed my question about the SoftKey Mod - I don't understand quite how to apply the mod - I have the images in a zip file but I'm not sure where to put them as I can't seem to locate the folder you say to put them in

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Guest gavinlew

Paul,

Not sure if you missed my question about the SoftKey Mod - I don't understand quite how to apply the mod - I have the images in a zip file but I'm not sure where to put them as I can't seem to locate the folder you say to put them in

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,

I think, if im correct, you need to create a zip with the folder structure and the zip file you want to bake into the rom then upload it to the kitchen.

i.e.

/data/res/framework/framework.zip == filetouploadtokitchen.zip

Would result in the rom being cooked with the framework.zip file unzipped in the relevant folder.

Im doing this based on what ive been reading , I havent tried it myself yet but this would be the route I would take.

HTH

Gavin

Guest millerliteguy

Hi,

I think, if im correct, you need to create a zip with the folder structure and the zip file you want to bake into the rom then upload it to the kitchen.

i.e.

/data/res/framework/framework.zip == filetouploadtokitchen.zip

Would result in the rom being cooked with the framework.zip file unzipped in the relevant folder.

Im doing this based on what ive been reading , I havent tried it myself yet but this would be the route I would take.

HTH

Gavin

So I need to get the images than create a zip with that file structure - How do you create a zip with that file structure (Never done that before)

Guest MacAllan

So I need to get the images than create a zip with that file structure - How do you create a zip with that file structure (Never done that before)

I was confused about this at first as well, will try to explain in a easy way.

Lets say yor new framework file is supposed to be in the system/framework folder.

Create a new folder on your desktop and name it system, open it and create a new inside named framework.

Put your new file in the created framework folder and then go back and zip the systemfolder, you can rename the zip at own choise.

Now when you look in the zip file you have the structure system/framework/fileyouadded

If you have more then one new file just add all to the framwork folder, you don't need one zip for each file to add.

Guest millerliteguy

I was confused about this at first as well, will try to explain in a easy way.

Lets say yor new framework file is supposed to be in the system/framework folder.

Create a new folder on your desktop and name it system, open it and create a new inside named framework.

Put your new file in the created framework folder and then go back and zip the systemfolder, you can rename the zip at own choise.

Now when you look in the zip file you have the structure system/framework/fileyouadded

If you have more then one new file just add all to the framwork folder, you don't need one zip for each file to add.

Great thanks for the help - Gonna try it now

Guest millerliteguy

One more quick question before I bake the ROM - What is the exact file strucure needed for the buttons

this is what Paul posted in the change log

<LI>Custom button images can now be pulled in on bootup - simply replicate the SystemUI directory structure (e.g. res/drawable-xhdpi/) under /system/mods/buttons and include the files you want replaced.

So so I need a file structure that goes like this - "system/mods/buttons" than put the buttons in the folder and it should be good to go

Guest StuMcBill

Slightly OT, but is there anyway I can make the Widgetsoid Toggles stay on Top of the Notification bar. See attached screenshot for what I mean!

Can't seem to find an option for it!

post-678930-0-29843700-1329479905_thumb.

Guest tbellenger

Hi Paul,

Don't know if you missed it but I was wondering about whether I need to reset Google Wallet (from inside the Wallet app settings) before flashing a new ROM and then go through the prepaid card download again in the new ROM or whether I can just flash a new ROM with the Wallet app and it will work?

Cheers

Can anyone confirm custom init.d scripts functioning? Can't seem to get my scripts to work, not sure if its just my setup.

Paul - are there any ramdisk changes from stock that could interfere with init.d?

Guest FatherD

Changelog

15 Feb 14:15 pre-Beta 3

• Widgetsoid icon in status bar is now hidden
  • Custom button images can now be pulled in on bootup - simply replicate the SystemUI directory structure (e.g. res/drawable-xhdpi/) under /system/mods/buttons and include the files you want replaced.
  • Launcher with no rotate resigned (user problem report)

This is a truly excellent feature Paul, it's great being able to have my favourite SoftKeys to hand on the sd-card .. and drop them in there when the wind blows! wink.gif

Guest FatherD

@Paul

With all the effort you have put in to getting this up to Beta 2, and I have to say, for me a very stable, fast experience: I dare not ask - do you have plans to tweak the kernel for OC/UV?

Guest Brembo109
@Paul

With all the effort you have put in to getting this up to Beta 2, and I have to say, for me a very stable, fast experience: I dare not ask - do you have plans to tweak the kernel for OC/UV?

I think you should use Francos Kernel for this, its truly the best:-).

Guest FatherD

Slightly OT, but is there anyway I can make the Widgetsoid Toggles stay on Top of the Notification bar. See attached screenshot for what I mean!

Can't seem to find an option for it!

Open Widgetsoid from your app drawer, choose 'notification' then the second tick-box down 'Notification on top' - however! I have found that this does not always work!!

Hope this helps.

Guest Michael Wong_724752

Open Widgetsoid from your app drawer, choose 'notification' then the second tick-box down 'Notification on top' - however! I have found that this does not always work!!

Hope this helps.

Apart from that, you need to open widgetsoid, then click on widgets, choose the widget that you want, and press modify, in the bottom scroll to advanced and tick-box Notification (Put notification to show widget every time and toggle options quickly). After doing so, press apply and the widget should shows up when you pull down the notification menu.

Guest booyootoo

Hi,

On this rom and any 4.0.3 rom I'm having connectivity issues. Probably not rom related, but bugs in these releases.. It seems I'm not the only one, though the majority has no issues.

See the screenshot.

I haven't touched my phone at those times... Weird thing is until yesterday evening all was green, throughout the entire day and night. I checked multiple times.

I'm just thinking this might be related to bluetooth. I keep it on all the time, since I own a SE Liveview device, but didn't have it on, until yesterday around 13:00. Testing this theory by turning off bluetooth...

I saw this for the first time on this rom yesterday, when I turned the screen on, after is was off for a few minutes, the blue hsdpa icon was grey, and became blue again within seconds.

I checked this using Network tracker. I can't remember doing something special that could have triggered this...

Again, all is green when using a 4.0.2 rom (ARHD or MODACO)

Please tell me what additional info is needed and how I can get that info.

Edit: I'm on XXKL1, in the Netherlands, on the KPN network via Simyo.

And just had a disconnect with bluetooth turned off...

ScreenshotDataDisconnect.png

Edited by booyootoo