[ROM] [Elitemovil Skate 2.3.5] [z3] Oficial (Kernel OC) [GB_THU_P743V1.0.0B01] (24-11-11)

Guest painkiller_93

Guest dadashi

proximity works perfectly fine, you should reclibrate the proximity sensor....

I had problems with the proximity sensor as well using cm7 but that what was due to all the diferent roms I was swaping every other day...a recal fixed that

Guest philmein

I getting installation abort ?

On a 200mb system partion,I even removed few apps to make rom smaller.What am I missing ?

assert failed: write_raw_image("tmp/recover.img"."recovery")

(status 7)

Recovery ok,as it installed recovery but failed to install rom.

get exatly the same as you on z1 and z3 afraid i have to give these roms a miss till theres a fixsad.gif

if you can get a nandroid backup of the rom that should work with no code 7 error

Edited by philmein

get exatly the same as you on z1 and z3 afraid i have to give these roms a miss till theres a fixsad.gif

Solved it.

TPT stock rom(giving stock partitions)

Now Z3 install no problems.

Guest philmein

i have a second omc the wifes tpted to orange stock no go with z1 only bluemonte and cm7 work z1 gives code 7sad.gif

just hope the new ics roms load ok with no errors.

i want to try and keep my 200mb system partition

im going to tpt back to orange then try again

Edited by philmein

Does anyone know if elitemovile will continue to support this rom on here.

Seeing as tilaz is leaving,we are down to one dev(a great dev at that)

Just would be nice to know if we had other devs.

I know sami beck was talking of developing a rom here,anyone know any more on that ?

Guest dibbles

@Elitemovil doesn't seem to directly support this great ROM on this forum but he is still active over at the Spanish one. But both my wife and me have been using this ROM for a while now and I have yet to find a problem with it which would need to be improved or resolved. Have you noticed any such issues..?

Sami did appear for a while, as you know, but not much appears to have come of that which can be read about.

I find no problems with this rom apart from the need for swap partition.

And would be nice to be able to remove the status bar control,I like the vanilla look.But that is just personal preferences,nothing more.

Edited by Guest

To be honnest swap is only going to be efficient in good memory cards because of its reading/writting speed.

Swap basically is increasing your RAM by assigning a part of your sd as part of the RAM's memory, however this could be a disadvantage in case you've slow or/and pretty full sd card.

Once your real RAM gets full it will jump to your virtual RAM, by jump I mean that the main processes and active processes will still be in real RAM but the inactive processes will be moved to virtual RAM. This way something that is not running but has its process active will open faster(or slower cuz of what I mentioned above).

Bottom line is: No ROM needs swap partition, swap partition is created for performance(in most of the cases) as I've explained above.

Edited by D3abL3

Guest Atomix86
whatever reason for us noobs, the main thing it works!!

That's not the best way to think of it though. Swap is simply not needed these days, it was only useful on the first gen devices (such as my trusty G1), and only then if the Micro SD Card Class was 6 or higher else it'd be quite slow. Giving a Skate ROM extra swap memory is just going to slow it down.

Guest dibbles

That's not the best way to think of it though. Swap is simply not needed these days, it was only useful on the first gen devices (such as my trusty G1), and only then if the Micro SD Card Class was 6 or higher else it'd be quite slow. Giving a Skate ROM extra swap memory is just going to slow it down.

Really...? I assumed in the context of how it is used for this ROM is in the use of Apps2SD....

1323233799.jpg

Guest Atomix86

Really...? I assumed in the context of how it is used for this ROM is in the use of Apps2SD....

The swap partition has nothing to do with the apps2ext partition, the latter simply uses a chunk of the memory card space to store apps rather than using internal memory, which is fine as these apps are not going to be constantly accessed and moved to and from RAM (unlike swap).

Guest dibbles

The swap partition has nothing to do with the apps2ext partition, the latter simply uses a chunk of the memory card space to store apps rather than using internal memory, which is fine as these apps are not going to be constantly accessed and moved to and from RAM (unlike swap).

I never implied that the swap partition had anything to do with the apps2ext partition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swappiness

Guest dibbles

Yes you did, you even said apps2sd in your post. It deosnt change anything either way, swap is slow and uneccessary in this day and age.

No I noted "in the use of Apps2SD" knowing that it has nothing to do with the apps2ext partition. There may have been a misunderstanding there. It is that the GUI front end of apps2SD allows you to see, hence the screenshot, the control over the "Swappiness" aspect that has been applied when setting up the swap partition.

I am not sure of its value of relevance and even though it has been asked in the original thread...

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?p=3171309

...I have not noted Elitemovil's response on it either.

But if set and then the ROM installed it is by default activated with a Swappiness value of 50

Edited by dibbles

Guest Atomix86

No I noted "in the use of Apps2SD" knowing that it has nothing to do with the apps2ext partition. There may have been a misunderstanding there. It is that the GUI front end of apps2SD allows you to see, hence the screenshot, the control over the "Swappiness" aspect that has been applied when setting up the swap partition.

I am not sure of its value of relevance and even though it has been asked in the original thread...

http://www.htcmania....d.php?p=3171309

...I have not noted Elitemovil's response on it either.

But if set and then the ROM installed it is by default activated with a Swappiness value of 50

I see, but I still don't understand the relevance of needing a swap at all in the ROM, that has been my point since the start.

Guest dibbles

I understand :)

Also I agree with you as I too am not sure about the need for it, but I do see that it is being used. How much, or if at all, it has an effect I just do not know.

Still I really do like the ROM and have found absolutely no issues with it. The config of Apps2SD is useful as it leaves so much space in the internal data partition, although that could apply to any ROM.

Guest dadashi

I understand :)

Also I agree with you as I too am not sure about the need for it, but I do see that it is being used. How much, or if at all, it has an effect I just do not know.

Still I really do like the ROM and have found absolutely no issues with it. The config of Apps2SD is useful as it leaves so much space in the internal data partition, although that could apply to any ROM.

DarkTremors Apps2sd is the best and first app to use the sd-ext for system memory......and the Gui makes it even nicer...its as stabile as a brick sh*t house...

I keep getting problems with link2sd, its not "low level" like Apps2sd...Id rather just use the app2sd funtion built in all android roms without sd-ext and link2sd..

Edited by dadashi

Guest dibbles

Using this ROM has been my introduction to the DarkTremors Apps2sd and it is indeed superb. It does the job and does it well. As long as the ROM supports it I would prefer to use it now. Then again I see little reason to change from this ROM as it does everything I need.

bumpy bumpy for a well made ROM - we really should have a ROM section.!

I agree with you, else you are loosing the ROM topics amongst the other. It should be similar as with Blade, ROM section, Themes section and general one

I agree with you, else you are loosing the ROM topics amongst the other. It should be similar as with Blade, ROM section, Themes section and general one

Agreed,but who do we speak with to make it happen?