Replacement cases / housing

Guest Roph

I would really like to see a video of how to remove the digitizer from the original housing.

Has anybody here sucessfully done it? What was your technique?

Guest shakerist

I would really like to see a video of how to remove the digitizer from the original housing.

Has anybody here sucessfully done it? What was your technique?

Thanks Red for the estimate on delivery time

Ill try and make a turtorial when my housing arrives :D I have no idea what im going to do but i guess we will wait and see

Edited by shakerist

Guest Maxsas360

True, but the hardware is the same, so there might be a chance the the housing is interchangable.

Buttons or other components placing could be off even by 1mm and you're screwed. I wouldn't risk it if there's no point.

Guest CoccoBill

Bought two (black and white) on dec 9, payment was confirmed in 5 mins

On dec 10 my order went to backorder (out of stock)

On dec 19 the status was "prepare shipment"

On jan 2 the status was "full shipment", but still wasn't able to track my order

Today (jan 13) I got this message from HongKong Post: The item left HongKong for its destination on 13-Jan-2012

Guest meep.o.matic

In this case It's worth a try.

I'm gonna try and send it to be repaired by the carrier, if they refuse cause of the SIM unlock, I'll order a set and report back if it's compatible or not.

I could be the first one (that I know of) to have a "Librade" XD

Guest Maxsas360

I'm gonna try and send it to be repaired by the carrier, if they refuse cause of the SIM unlock, I'll order a set and report back if it's compatible or not.

I could be the first one (that I know of) to have a "Librade" XD

If the crack was minor then say It cracked when I left it on the sunny table on a sunny day. It could crack that way. Seriously lol.

Guest meep.o.matic

Thanks for the tip, but the issue is that it is not responding propperly ;)

Allready sent it to be repaired by the carrier, I was kinda curious to know if Libra fits Blade's chassis though, I guess we'll know when some Libra owner's warranty expires...

Guest Watashi_PT

F**k dealextreme!

I've ordered one full case for zte blade, one protective back cover case and one set of tools for disassembly. This was on 29 of December!!

And till now only the tools and the protective case have been shipped.

I would like to know if anybody is having this long delay with the full case

Edited by Watashi_PT

Guest shakerist

F**k dealextreme!

I've ordered one full case for zte blade, one protective back cover case and one set of tools for disassembly. This was on 29 of December!!

And till now only the tools and the protective case have been shipped.

I would like to know if anybody is having this long delay with the full case

Ordered on the 4th and the case and tools have shipped but housing is pending :@ mad.gifsad.gif ....

Guest Watashi_PT

Ordered on the 4th and the case and tools have shipped but housing is pending :@ mad.gifsad.gif ....

Finnaly, i got mine shipped today.

Lets see when will it arrives...

Guest Watashi_PT

Received today the things that were sent in day 6.

These are a set of tools and a protective back cover from dealextreme. If anybody wants pictures just say ;)

Guest Picazsoo

Bought the white body replacement for my gray SF. Changing it was super easy - only harder part is the digitizer, but when you start from the bottom, the danger of breaking it is fairly minimal. I had to remove some glue from the digitizer afterwards - I think that alcohol (I used some russian vodka I had around at the time) is the best way to go - it removes the glue but didn't hurt the black paint on the glass. Overall I am very happy with my new OLED white SF. And the battery cover has much better fit now!!! Best money spent.