GPS problem

Guest hersos

Hello ,what problems exactly?

Μy problem my friend is, when i run a gps program the satellites are simply ignored.

I followed some possible solutions about omnia but all i did was to frostbite on the balcony!

I change the radio to PUIE1 without result... sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Edited by hersos

Guest blade87

If you mean by ignoring that it shows the satellites, but doesn't connect to them, then that's normal. You have to wait more until you have full lock on them and the GPS application starts showing the current speed too. Downloading the latest satellite data from the Enhanced GPS in the Settings helps a lot.

P. S. Try changing to PUJA1, but be warned that most users report a bigger battery drain than usual.

The best and fastest way of syhcronizing with satelites was with radio XBIC1 you need to go to system and download data for the gps with the enchanced gps tool,after that you will sync in less thatn 10 seconds,thats what happens to my omnia... :)

If you mean by ignoring that it shows the satellites, but doesn't connect to them, then that's normal. You have to wait more until you have full lock on them and the GPS application starts showing the current speed too. Downloading the latest satellite data from the Enhanced GPS in the Settings helps a lot.

P. S. Try changing to PUJA1, but be warned that most users report a bigger battery drain than usual.

No my friend, every time when i use gps i cannot find neither a satellite.

I wait 30 minutes without result...mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

About the radio i will probably try this, because at this time the only thing that i care is the GPS signal.

The best and fastest way of syhcronizing with satelites was with radio XBIC1 you need to go to system and download data for the gps with the enchanced gps tool,after that you will sync in less thatn 10 seconds,thats what happens to my omnia... :)

Nikodr can you help me how can i downlοad the EXTRA gps because I afraid possible charges in the future.sad.gifsad.gif

Αnd something else. You said me that if i do everything that you told me i will find satellites in seconds. Do you mean in a clear space?

Guest blade87

I can only tell the settings of Garmin, I don't use Destinator. The GPS program port that is set in the External GPS in Settings should be set the same in Garmin. For example, I'm using COM3 and in Garmin->Settings->System->Remote GPS i have selected Use Serial GPS: COM3 and it's working (you can also try the Intermediate Driver, but I'm not using it). It has to connect under a clear sky. You can't use it indoors. First connection takes a while, but after that it should be faster. If it still doesn't start, then maybe the problem is in the hardware of the phone.

I can only tell the settings of Garmin, I don't use Destinator. The GPS program port that is set in the External GPS in Settings should be set the same in Garmin. For example, I'm using COM3 and in Garmin->Settings->System->Remote GPS i have selected Use Serial GPS: COM3 and it's working (you can also try the Intermediate Driver, but I'm not using it). It has to connect under a clear sky. You can't use it indoors. First connection takes a while, but after that it should be faster. If it still doesn't start, then maybe the problem is in the hardware of the phone.

Thx bro but i will try it.

The main problem is became form the problem with GPS signal.mad.gif

Also I need help how can i use External GPS.

For the Intermediate Driver i dont know how to use itwacko.gif

For the possibitiy about hardware problem i dont want to consider this scenariosad.gif

Edited by hersos

Guest blade87

Just go to Start->Settings->System->External GPS and see the GPS program port. Then start Garmin and in Settings->System->Remote GPS see if it shows the same port. If not, then press Disable and set the Serial GPS port the same as the one you saw in External GPS. Forget about the Intermediate Drive. It's part of Garmin.

Just go to Start->Settings->System->External GPS and see the GPS program port. Then start Garmin and in Settings->System->Remote GPS see if it shows the same port. If not, then press Disable and set the Serial GPS port the same as the one you saw in External GPS. Forget about the Intermediate Drive. It's part of Garmin.

My friend i think the main problem comes from the GPS signal and not from the Garmin settings.

Also i want to know how i do the process of enhanced GPS because i confront problems to this process... sad.gif

Edited by hersos

Guest blade87

The GPS receiver is located in the top of the phone near the loudspeaker. If there's damage in that area then maybe the GPS is malfunctioning too.

Enhanced GPS does nothing more than to download the latest satellite positions data to help you connect quicker. I don't think it will help you if you couldn't connect before. If won't change the GPS signal in any way. You can also try a Hard Reset. After that set up all the GPS settings and try again.

The GPS receiver is located in the top of the phone near the loudspeaker. If there's damage in that area then maybe the GPS is malfunctioning too.

Enhanced GPS does nothing more than to download the latest satellite positions data to help you connect quicker. I don't think it will help you if you couldn't connect before. If won't change the GPS signal in any way. You can also try a Hard Reset. After that set up all the GPS settings and try again.

I did many hard resets without result sad.gif

The problem is that i manage to take gps signal only once time mad.gif

Do you suggest me to run Enhaced GPS?

Another help please?

Guest blade87

Like I already said, the Enhanced GPS just downloads the current satellite positions, which only speeds up the connection. That doesn't mean that it's useless. I myself download it every week, because the data is valid only for 7 days.

Try running only Garmin, because I know of a bug in some GPS programs like iGO which locks the GPS ports and you can't use them until you restart the phone. In that case try in Garmin -> Settings -> System -> Remote GPS press Disable and use the Intermediate Driver. If the port was locked, it should run this time.

I'm all out of advice. Maybe the problem is in the hardware of the phone. I don't know.

Like I already said, the Enhanced GPS just downloads the current satellite positions, which only speeds up the connection. That doesn't mean that it's useless. I myself download it every week, because the data is valid only for 7 days.

Try running only Garmin, because I know of a bug in some GPS programs like iGO which locks the GPS ports and you can't use them until you restart the phone. In that case try in Garmin -> Settings -> System -> Remote GPS press Disable and use the Intermediate Driver. If the port was locked, it should run this time.

I'm all out of advice. Maybe the problem is in the hardware of the phone. I don't know.

I have nodata but Ι dont use Enhanced GPS, because im afraid of future charges.

And something else. How can i use the Intermediate Driver?

Edited by hersos

Guest blade87

You can download it through ActiveSync or Wi-Fi too. My GPRS connections are also blocked so whenever I'm around a free wireless zone, I download them.

I have already explained in my previous post about the Intermediate Driver.

You can download it through ActiveSync or Wi-Fi too. My GPRS connections are also blocked so whenever I'm around a free wireless zone, I download them.

I have already explained in my previous post about the Intermediate Driver.

Ok i try with the way you suggest me and i will be waiting for results.

About the Intermediate Driver you told me this Forget about the Intermediate Driver my friend.

Could you explain me more detail please?

Guest blade87

To be more spesific about my GPS problem I use garmin and destinator 7 and i cannot find any satellite.

I found GPS signal only once, I do not know how...

I changed rom, radio to PUIE1 and try some possible solutions about Omnia without resultmad.gif

Should i become realist and accept that my device has a hardware problem?

Edited by hersos

Guest blade87

Try radio PUJA1 which has better signals. I have had times when it didn't connect as well, but after some days when I tried it again it connects, but not immediately. It takes around 2-3 minutes under a clear sky to connect. If there are clouds, you may have to wait a little longer. If nothing helps, then better take it to a service to have it checked.

Try radio PUJA1 which has better signals. I have had times when it didn't connect as well, but after some days when I tried it again it connects, but not immediately. It takes around 2-3 minutes under a clear sky to connect. If there are clouds, you may have to wait a little longer. If nothing helps, then better take it to a service to have it checked.

It is better than PUIE1 in GPS?

And if i try this radio i dont need External GPS, because i do not want any charges?

Guest blade87

1. I think it's better.

2. External GPS is always needed. Enhanced GPS will only help to connect faster.

If nothing helps, then I can't give any more advice.