ICS for zte crescent

Guest tilal6991

Guest skull_fcuk

Hope i don't sound like a moron asking this, but is this 'Crescent' another name for the SF2? I'm about to recieve a SF2 for unlocking and debranding (for a friends son), and would be keen to find out if i could slap ICS onto it, as an added bonus :)

Regardless of the answer, kudos for being so rapid onto the Port. Lot of people will be very grateful :)

Guest kallt_kaffe

Hope i don't sound like a moron asking this, but is this 'Crescent' another name for the SF2? I'm about to recieve a SF2 for unlocking and debranding (for a friends son), and would be keen to find out if i could slap ICS onto it, as an added bonus :)

Regardless of the answer, kudos for being so rapid onto the Port. Lot of people will be very grateful :)

Yes it's another name. A better name is Blade2 which is what ZTE uses in their kernel source.

I don't think ICS would be a good idea for your friends son at the moment. ICS for any devices except some Samsung devices are very much alpha right now.

Guest skull_fcuk

Yes it's another name. A better name is Blade2 which is what ZTE uses in their kernel source.

I don't think ICS would be a good idea for your friends son at the moment. ICS for any devices except some Samsung devices are very much alpha right now.

Woof! Rapid answer! Thanks, and yeah, good point. TBH, if i can hand back a debranded and network unlocked Blade2,i'll be happy. I've told my friend i'm confident it can be done, and will result in a fully featured phone. I'm still rocking my Blade 1 and CyanogenMod Green V5 (kernel version 2.6.32-9 Android version 2.3.4) and loving it. Will be interesting to see the Blade2 and see if it's worth swapping :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Reider59

Woof! Rapid answer! Thanks, and yeah, good point. TBH, if i can hand back a debranded and network unlocked Blade2,i'll be happy. I've told my friend i'm confident it can be done, and will result in a fully featured phone. I'm still rocking my Blade 1 and CyanogenMod Green V5 (kernel version 2.6.32-9 Android version 2.3.4) and loving it. Will be interesting to see the Blade2 and see if it's worth swapping :)

I`ve used both of these so far and currently using the latter one. The Crescent is brilliant and easy to apply. But the Fish N Chip one has more features built in, again easy to apply.

Crescent.zip

Fish N Chips ROM (Flash and BBC iPlayer working, Nemus built in, other options)

Their are a few other ROM options too but as I haven`t tested them I left them out of it. The above need the correct kernel file flashing straight after the ROM flash, before the system is restarted.

I`m looking forward to ICS too but will wait until its produced and tested by more knowledgeable users before I try it. Certainly some good stuff on the horizon including OC in another post when one or two little problems are sorted. I`m dead happy with this phone and all the choices, so glad I got it now.

Steve

Edited by Reider59

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Cm9 but I dont have the device so it will basically be a copy of the skate port with the correct libs.

tilal, is there anyway you can do the same with your skate CM7 release?

• 4 weeks later...

It boots with the correct kernel, but dont get excited just yet - Everything needs fixed :P I wish I could figure out the fixes required for proper touchscreen support as its sort of like a ghetto mouse pointer at the moment(Touch screen working much better!). ICS looks great though, now I am excited!

Fixed:

Touchscreen

Wifi - I am THRILLED about that.

Broken:

Everything else :P

Edited by MCZQ

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Uploading the new build now!

This is coming soon - my next release on the Skate will also be created for the Crescent

Will you be uploading a build for the Crescent (namely the SanFran2) too ? You did state...

Yes but my schecule has changed since i published that. Right now i dont have enough time to do that. In a couple of weeks i will have time and ill make a build for the crescent then.

So looks like we'll be getting a working, if not perfect, build of ICS in a couple of weeks then :)

Hope so, getting a bit pissed off with all the other ZTE phones getting all the attention when ours are brand new,more powerful and would probably suit it more :(

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa, I second that emotion!!! Having upgraded from the Blade I have been surprised at the relative lack of choice of ROM's for the Crescent, tilal - we realise that you have to prioritise your imminent exams over ROM development but you will understand that we have been patiently waiting since your post of "Coming soon!" on 29/11/11. I (& I'm sure others here) have been following your work with interest & admiration & also a little envy. We are just feeling a bit forgotten, so any progress updates will be much appreciated. Looking fwd to hearing something in a couple of weeks or so. In the meantime I hope the exams go well for you! wink.gif

Guest ROMZERO

lol quality ! im rom hungry too and miss being a rom tart like i was with the blade 1

Indeed, obviously I wouldn't want my greedy rom hunger to get in the way of your exam studying.

Good Luck!! :)

Edited by ROMZERO

Guest PedroVader
PsYcHoKiLLa, I second that emotion!!! Having upgraded from the Blade I have been surprised at the relative lack of choice of ROM's for the Crescent

I remember feeling the same way when I upgraded to the Skate, its a real slow burner, but it's getting there.

The great thing about the Crescent is its just Skate Hardware with a smaller screen, virtually identical as far as I can tell, just needs an enterprising Dev, a Skate rom, and some essential Crescent files.

Fear not, the roms will come in time ;)

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I remember feeling the same way when I upgraded to the Skate, its a real slow burner, but it's getting there.

The great thing about the Crescent is its just Skate Hardware with a smaller screen, virtually identical as far as I can tell, just needs an enterprising Dev, a Skate rom, and some essential Crescent files.

Fear not, the roms will come in time ;)

Skate doesn't have a front facing camera does it?