10 reasons to run MCR on your Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Just for fun... 10 reasons to run MCR on your Galaxy Nexus (in no particular order). :-)

P

• It's a recompressed, optimised and de-odexed version of the latest Galaxy Nexus GSM release (ITL41F aka 'the volume fix' release)
  • The auto backlight levels have been tweaked to give a slightly brighter screen (stock is too dark!)
  • The prebake build gives you dual menu buttons and the return of the search button, which is configurable via the kitchen
  • Trackball Alert Pro is supported, which lets you change your notification LED alert colours, set the LED to not display at night and more
  • The delay on rotation has been removed
  • The homescreen and app drawer has added landscape support
  • The software keyboard has enhanced predictions
  • The ROM is pre-rooted and includes the latest version of Superuser
  • All the in ROM software is updated to the very latest releases
  • You can optionally include 'Offline Gallery', which lets you uninstall Google+ without breaking Gallery if you don't use Google+

Guest Zarch1972

For someone that gets a new device today, and want to use MCR... first step would be to unlock the bootloader and second install MCR, right ?

Exactly what I did yesterday..... i'd only had it out of the box 10 mins! :P

So Paul,

For someone that gets a new device today, and want to use MCR... first step would be to unlock the bootloader and second install MCR, right ?

1) Unlock bootloader

2) Install ClockworkMod Recovery

3) Install MCR

Pretty Much that way =)

What I did when i got the device:

1) Bootloader unlock (THIS WIPES THE DEVICE COMPLETELY)

2) Superboot (got root etc - don't know if this is needed if you gonna install MCR on it right away anyway)

3) Flashed ClockworkMod Recovery (howto: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1357642)

4) Booted to recovery and installed MCR/any custom rom

Guest geovass

What I did when i got the device:

1) Bootloader unlock (THIS WIPES THE DEVICE COMPLETELY)

2) Superboot (got root etc - don't know if this is needed if you gonna install MCR on it right away anyway)

3) Flashed ClockworkMod Recovery (howto: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1357642)

4) Booted to recovery and installed MCR/any custom rom

Thanks! I beileve you wont need step no 2 if you gonna install MCR on it right away anyway.

Perfect!

Guest kaizoku_san

I also got the device yesterday and have been playing with it :):)

not going to change anything yet, as it is a BIG jump from a ZTE Blade/San Fran to a Galaxy Nexus :-p

but i do want to ask a question.... does everyone have the "developer options" in settings, or is it just me and the first guy who bought it from p4u when it was released?

Guest Nikolas Skoufis

I also got the device yesterday and have been playing with it :):)

not going to change anything yet, as it is a BIG jump from a ZTE Blade/San Fran to a Galaxy Nexus :-p

but i do want to ask a question.... does everyone have the "developer options" in settings, or is it just me and the first guy who bought it from p4u when it was released?

No, it's everyone. It's a developer phone, so it has developer options.

-Nik

• 2 weeks later...