Flash missing from the Market.

Guest jp_hero

Flash is missing from the Market on my t-mobile vivacity.

Have I just missed it?

Is there some spec that devices need to have to run flash ie 1ghz cpu or something?

I haven't tried the apk from my sgs2 yet. Guess I'll try that next. I'm just seeing if anyone else has spotted this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sjoyce666

Did you get Flash working ?

I tried installing 10.2 and it didnt work on my T-Mobile Vivacity. Showed as installed under Applications but when trying the iPlayer and YouTube sites it told me to install a Flash Player

What version of Flash have you got working and what ROM are you running ? I installed with stock ROM and had not rooted the phone

Guest sjoyce666

It only works using the built in browser at present. I'm using 10.2 and it works on 2 blade 1's, with no reason for it not to work on these blade 2s.

When I said iPlayer I meant the iPlayer app;

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1243731

You may find this useful;

http://android.modac...-streams-feeds/

Do I need to root the phone for Flash to work ?

Guest flyingalan

Do I need to root the phone for Flash to work ?

I just returned my Vivacity for credit, as despite the sugestions on this forum, I could not get iPlayer to work on my Vivacity.

I tried both 10.3 and 10.2, both showed as installed but iPlayer still said it needed Flash.

I was using original ROM and was not brave enough to try other ROM as I wanted to return phone for credit if it would not work.

Also a big negative for me was that phone would not fully support Skype, whilst the voice aspect worked (over wifi, didn't get to try 3G), the front camera was not supported making video calls impossible. I cannot understand why put a front camera then not enable it for use with Skype etc. Crazy !!

Anyway as I say I gave up and sent it back within the 7 day period allowed. Very disappointed, otherwise seemed nice device but without Flash and Skype does not seem much use to me.