Installed clockwork but keys wont work?

Guest admanirv

Guest admanirv

Hi guys,

I'm not really new to this but i have installed seb's Clockwork recovery ver 4.0.1.5 and can't select anything (to flash a rom etc) other than just go up and down. I'm using a Tmobile vivacity.

Guest Sebastian404

Hmmm, nothing lol just going up and down in the menu :D

I'm stumped???

interesting... if I rememberd to enable it, if you keep pressing down till you loop around the menu a couple of times, it will enable 'secret hidden cheat mode' and you can use the power key to select options...

but really, no-one else has had that problem...

Guest admanirv

Lol at the cheat menu, could it be that it's installed wrong as I used to have a htc/and blade and did adb functions. I did install the zte drivers from this site.

Home key does nothing.

Guest Amphoras

Have you tried reflashing it? Sometimes when I flash a new rom on the Blade, the home key wont work, but reflashing fixes it. Maybe it could do the same here?

Guest Flumpster

Is clockworkmod in blue or orange?

Only time I have seen what you mention is when flashboot didn't work during unlocking and when I did adb reboot recovery I had a blue clockwork where I could only go up and down.

have you flashed the wrong clockwork ?

Edited by Flumpster

Guest unrandomsam

People have had weirdness with not flashing clockworkmod with fastboot (Yet fastboot has never failed to work for me even the versions that people have stated are bad).

Guest Sebastian404

Is clockworkmod in blue or orange?

Only time I have seen what you mention is when flashboot didn't work during unlocking and when I did adb reboot recovery I had a blue clockwork where I could only go up and down.

have you flashed the wrong clockwork ?

it should be orange...

post-764508-0-87240500-1322787044_thumb.

Guest admanirv

Still no joy the posted screenshot is exactly the screen i see, but home will not do anything.

has anyone actually got this to run on tmobile vivacity?

cheers

Guest Bouncer5

Still no joy the posted screenshot is exactly the screen i see, but home will not do anything.

has anyone actually got this to run on tmobile vivacity?

cheers

Running fine with NO issue for myself.

Guest admanirv

Running fine with NO issue for myself.

Bugger,

Can you tell me exactly what you did and where you got the .img file from to flash clockwork recovery?

I'm stumped!

Thanks in advance

Guest Bouncer5

Bugger,

Can you tell me exactly what you did and where you got the .img file from to flash clockwork recovery?

I'm stumped!

Thanks in advance

Errr unsure let me have a look.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

I have updated clockwork mod recovery to increase the brightness of the LCD and keypad backlight, I also enabled the super secret hidden cheat mode incase it still wont work for you..

recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade2.img

Hi. I managed to flash your version of clockwork onto my phone but the keys still don't work. I can move up and down with the volume keys and hide the menu with the power button but nothing else. If active the cheat mode the power button seems to do nothing.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Have you gone up and down through the menu so it says back key enabled, then use the power button.

Post your hardware setup oh the thread by me.

Yeah I did make it say back key enabled but then the power button does nothing. The power button is working though as before the back key enabled text comes up the power button makes the entire menu disappear so on the small orange graphic is visible.

When you say my hardware setup what do you mean? Appreciate any help you can offer me!

Guest admanirv

Make sure you are using the latest version of clockworkrecovery and if you post your hardware setup we can see if you have a different touchscreen etc as we have encountered 2 different setups so far (1 setup the touch keys work, the other only the power button works).

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Make sure you are using the latest version of clockworkrecovery and if you post your hardware setup we can see if you have a different touchscreen etc as we have encountered 2 different setups so far (1 setup the touch keys work, the other only the power button works).

Hi, I believe I am using the latest version of CWM recovery. Unfortunately I can't post my hardware setup as I never recorded it before I ran the unlock procedure on my phone. Do you think I'm going to be out of luck? Is there a way to flash a working rom to my phone without doing it through CWM?