[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest MartijnGP

If all you consider is that the ROM is fully functional then sure I suppose this 'leak' is great.. Otherwise it's a piece of cr@p.

It's Sense 3.5 on top of an overblown ICS framework.. the factory images of stock ICS 4.0.2 for the Galaxy Nexus are 184MB.. why on earth does this ROM need to be 400MB!@?

And where's the value add.. what is so revolutionary in this version of Sense? Nothing.. it's more of the same old thing.. and that quite frankly is tired.

There's virtually nothing that differentiates it from a GB Sense-based ROM.. ooh.. it has Apple-like square folders on the home screen.. Everyone run and flash it.. cuz you know those nice round folders are just so last year.. PUHLEEZ.

</rant ends>

Sense ROMs have always been obese. Even the GB ones.

If all you consider is that the ROM is fully functional then sure I suppose this 'leak' is great.. Otherwise it's a piece of cr@p.

It's Sense 3.5 on top of an overblown ICS framework.. the factory images of stock ICS 4.0.2 for the Galaxy Nexus are 184MB.. why on earth does this ROM need to be 400MB!@?

And where's the value add.. what is so revolutionary in this version of Sense? Nothing.. it's more of the same old thing.. and that quite frankly is tired.

There's virtually nothing that differentiates it from a GB Sense-based ROM.. ooh.. it has Apple-like square folders on the home screen.. Everyone run and flash it.. cuz you know those nice round folders are just so last year.. PUHLEEZ.

</rant ends>

I'm open minded. I can see the benefits of sense, aosp, cm7/9, miui.....whatever. Owning an HTC phone with such dislike for sense defies logic, imho.

Each to their own.

I'm open minded. I can see the benefits of sense, aosp, cm7/9, miui.....whatever. Owning an HTC phone with such dislike for sense defies logic, imho.Each to their own.

I'm also open-minded.. which is why I dislike Sense.. it's HTC's attempt to make these phones more 'useable' for the masses. I understand, it's their take on what they think people need.

But frankly I want HTC to focus on the HARDWARE aspect of their operation and let Google and all the app devs focus on the SOFTWARE portion.. If HTC want to produce lovely skins or widgets or whatever it is they feel they need to produce, that's fine.. just give it to us on a stock ROM. The handset makers continued desire to differentiate themselves through skinning only hinders Android's ability to rule the market *cough* world..

Guest MartijnGP

I'm also open-minded.. which is why I dislike Sense.. it's HTC's attempt to make these phones more 'useable' for the masses. I understand, it's their take on what they think people need.

But frankly I want HTC to focus on the HARDWARE aspect of their operation and let Google and all the app devs focus on the SOFTWARE portion.. If HTC want to produce lovely skins or widgets or whatever it is they feel they need to produce, that's fine.. just give it to us on a stock ROM. The handset makers continued desire to differentiate themselves through skinning only hinders Android's ability to rule the market *cough* world..

HTC needs a Unique Selling Point (USP). This is very hard to do with just hardware as general customers don't know what RAM memory is, and what NFC does. Marketing-wise, customization that's directly visible for the user is a smart thing to do. And after all, it's not HTC goal to make Android rule the world, they want themselves to rule the world.

You can go buy a Nexus phone if you want pure Google, but you can't expect HTC as a commercial company to drop one of their USPs.

Guest Kgpp2293

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not. but im having problem with the call volume being rediculously quiet. like not hearable nearly. and cause the phone freezes when i try turn it up in call. is there a way to make it louder or turn it up?? plz help :). also amazing work trip , thanks so much for all the time uv put into your build

Guest MartijnGP

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not. but im having problem with the call volume being rediculously quiet. like not hearable nearly. and cause the phone freezes when i try turn it up in call. is there a way to make it louder or turn it up?? plz help :). also amazing work trip , thanks so much for all the time uv put into your build

That's been mentioned a lot of times, yes. According to Trips Twitter, this should be fixed in the next version :)

And after all, it's not HTC goal to make Android rule the world, they want themselves to rule the world.You can go buy a Nexus phone if you want pure Google, but you can't expect HTC as a commercial company to drop one of their USPs.

We'll see what Google has to say about that long term..

and yes, I own an Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus..

Guest Kgpp2293

That's been mentioned a lot of times, yes. According to Trips Twitter, this should be fixed in the next version :)

Ah thankyou:) really looking forward tothis beta now lol

Guest MartijnGP

We'll see what Google has to say about that long term..

and yes, I own an Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus..

Google will have nothing to say. Android is open source. I can even run Android on a plate, put some salad around it and stuff an apple in it's mouth if I'd so desire. Google won't give a damn. :)

Edited by MartijnGP

Guest j2kquest

Sorry to go off topic, but I've been using the sense ice cream sandwich since realise and the battery life is amazing, lost 10% in 9 hours.

Ics sense looks the same as gingerbread but there are loads of welcomed subtle touches that HTC have introduced. you have to use the Rom at least 18 hours to notice, such as sender picture preview in the notification bar when you receive a google mail message .

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e

post-415391-132455760637_thumb.png

Edited by j2kquest

Guest MartijnGP

Sorry to go off topic, but I've been using the sense ice cream sandwich since realise and the battery life is amazing, lost 10% in 9 hours.

Ics sense looks the same as gingerbread but there are loads of welcomed subtle touches that HTC have introduced. you have to use the Rom at least 18 hours to notice, such as sender picture preview in the notification bar when you receive a google mail message .

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e

I noticed the same. It's slow, cranky and instable, however, the battery life is amazing. I've been installing apps and other crap for the past 2 hours and it still reports 100% :)

Hopefully, HTC will release the kernel source soon so that Trip can see how they do that.

Guest camielkb

never ever judge battery consumption after a flash. Let it stay for a charge or two and see how it is after that. Your percentage may drop quickly :)

However, great to see ICS roms, but i like the AOSP look like Trip's ROM.. I will wait for that..

Guest MartijnGP

never ever judge battery consumption after a flash. Let it stay for a charge or two and see how it is after that. Your percentage may drop quickly :)

However, great to see ICS roms, but i like the AOSP look like Trip's ROM.. I will wait for that..

The first drop, between 99% and 1%, actually tends to be fairly accurate when you come from a 100% charge. It considers the starting voltage on the battery (4.2V) as full charge. Which is true.

Battery calibration is way overrated. Once the phone knows it's max and min voltage, you're set.

Edited by MartijnGP

Guest vladnosferatu

wrWda.png

i got a non sense version cooking up now if only i could figure out how to zip up and sign the damn thing anyone know?

asop version ? or non sense version ?

Guest staymunch

asop version ? or non sense version ?

Nonsense i started ripping out most of the sense stuff im no dev and just figured out how to do this last night lol but its getting smaller and snappier by the minute

Nonsense i started ripping out most of the sense stuff im no dev and just figured out how to do this last night lol but its getting smaller and snappier by the minute

Get it going I would give it a try while waiting for trip to update

Guest threeeye

I don't know how anyone can complain about the sense ICS ROM. It is pretty much fully functional, with working calls, camera, Bluetooth, face unlock etc.

I'm looking forward to the progress trip makes as much as the next guy, but the leaked sense ROMs are definitely a step ahead of where this ROM is in its current form.

I will take a half working broke-down AOSP ROM over a Sense ROM any time

Guest staymunch

Get it going I would give it a try while waiting for trip to update

lol pretty much my same thoughts i figured id get as close to aosp as possible whilst waiting for trip to update

Guest davidevan84

Awesome I just saw this and was hoping someone would be working on this. I didnt mind sense on earlier versions of Android but with Ice Cream I feel it ruins it completely. If you get something that seems more "vanilla" running let us know so we can try it! :)