[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest bradyarmobile

im not suspicious .. ive been following this forum for a while but i just made an account so i could participate. i didnt disrespect Trip. I suggested to anyone that is waiting on a more stable/full-featured version that there are other ROMs available with those features. Anyways, piss and moan if u want, Trip is almost to the top of the mountain and able to declare that his hard work has made him the FIRST dev to have a stable AOSP ICS ROM for the Sensation

im not suspicious .. ive been following this forum for a while but i just made an account so i could participate. i didnt disrespect Trip. I suggested to anyone that is waiting on a more stable/full-featured version that there are other ROMs available with those features. Anyways, piss and moan if u want, Trip is almost to the top of the mountain and able to declare that his hard work has made him the FIRST dev to have a stable AOSP ICS ROM for the Sensation

you totally misunderstood, hijacking a dev's rom thread is disrespectful. if you have something to recommend, start a new thread. we've had enough flamming posts lately and certainly do not want to see them anymore.

Guest volscian

It was the way you went about it. Second post, account created that same day, and no mention whatsoever of Trip, or that its a decent from to use while waiting. You just went in full blast talking about the from, how it was just like Trip's except stuff worked, and how it was your daily. Gotta watch how you say things here, there's a lot of hardcore fans of Trip's work here and with all the flaming and trolling that has gone on already, most of us are tired of seeing other roms being advertised here like Trip is simply the doormat that leads to everywhere else. Now then, that's enough said about all that, what's done is done, lets move forward. This is supposed to be about the from, and I'm starting to feel like I'm dragging everything off topic rather than trying to focus everyone to be on topic.

Guest ajonesma

Has anyone found a workaround for the deep sleep bug or whatever it is? other then pulling the battery and rebooting? Because this is going to get annoying after a few hours.

Guest steini81

I have been reading this thread for the last couple of days, just for the purely amazing posts.

Most of you all treat trip as if he was a god lol. Yesterday he was really pissed of at everyone, then

he posts this rom on here that you need to pull the battery on when it falls asleep, not to mention all the

other bugs, and you still treat him like a god lol sucking up to him. Damn embarrasing if yo ask me.

Dont know why you would bother downloading a rom from someone with a temperament like his anyway.

How long will this rom last ? Not long at all, is my bet.

Whats the deal with the camera and bluetooth not working anyway? Ive tried three Sensation ICS roms

and they all have these features, and the devs are professional you dont need to suck up to them. Two of the

sense less.

How can you trust this guy?

Why are you here? Only to talk s***? Nobody is interested in people like you and nobody whants to read your brainfarts.

If you dont like his work or the way he is doing things then go else where. People like you should get banned for trolling and flaming. If people whant to treat him like a god than let them do so or are you pissed because nobody treats you that way? In every forum are smartasses like you who know everything better but i never saw any work from you.

Show me your own built AOSP rom with everything working and i will take back everything i said and treat you like a god if that makes you feel better.

You are not half as smart as he is because if you were you would know how to behave in a comunity.

So please leave your farts in your brain or tell it to the wall next to you maybe its interested in it.

Sent from my Revolver powered Asus Transformer

Guest ronaldramsayii

Great great job so far Trip! Definitely love seeing the smoothness of your work.

If I may report any issue....here's a few I had....

1) My phone locked up when either coming out of sleep or going into sleep. The screen would light up, but that's as far as it went.

2) Facebook is showing up all distorted and messed up.

So far everything else is moving along great.....aside from the obvious two things thayt you said weren't working....

Great work bro

Guest BummAround

Will wait patiently for Trip's next release.

Give him some time, people, it's Christmas and all.

This ROM developments really really make lots of so-called devs nervous, and being on modaco, makes other "forum" really uneasy as well. ;)

Guest steini81

Anyone having issues with the gradient banding at the bottom of the screen? for example if you go to settings, the top of the screen is black and on the bottom appears some heavy banding on gradients

Thats a sing that HWA is working properly. So its not a bug or something its the way it should look like.

Guest intervigil

I worked around the deep sleep issue by using the previous kernel, although this does breaks USB mounting. HW accel seems unaffected, but I haven't run conclusive tests.

Without knowing what changes were made in the kernel or framework, I can only speculate that a non-kernel module USB-related driver somewhere has changed, while HW accel related changes were mostly limited to framework and hence didn't break with the older kernel.

That said, if you want to try this workaround, you can do the following:

1. download and unzip S0077A-update.zip to a directory on your computer

2. get fastboot binary if you don't already have it

3. reboot phone into bootloader mode

4. issue command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" from directory you extracted S0077A-update.zip into

-- if you want wifi to continue working you'll need to do the following:

5. reboot phone into recovery

6. mount /system from the recovery menu

7. issue command "adb push system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko" from directory you extracted S0077A-update.zip

8. reboot into ICS

On a related note, for those of us who are interested in the source, will there be a release on something like GitHub?

EDIT: typos

Edited by intervigil

Guest FrankOne

hey i am only being honest, but i think that this quote sums it up more accurately:

Joel lock

Posted Today, 06:03 PM

this update blows..this happens when you rush him and ask him when will it be released and all that crap, damn you all

i dont want to be treated like a god you tosser, i just want a good phone. that is why i will not download this, its way to early

for the general public.(which i am)

he needs a lot more time without being rushed, and probably some help off other devs.

you guys dreaming saying how fantastic it is, is all bullshit.

a spade is a spade buddy!

p.s. i have only been coming here to laugh at all the suck holes!

Why are you here? Only to talk s***? Nobody is interested in people like you and nobody whants to read your brainfarts.

If you dont like his work or the way he is doing things then go else where. People like you should get banned for trolling and flaming. If people whant to treat him like a god than let them do so or are you pissed because nobody treats you that way? In every forum are smartasses like you who know everything better but i never saw any work from you.

Show me your own built AOSP rom with everything working and i will take back everything i said and treat you like a god if that makes you feel better.

You are not half as smart as he is because if you were you would know how to behave in a comunity.

So please leave your farts in your brain or tell it to the wall next to you maybe its interested in it.

Guest vorBeth

Thats a sing that HWA is working properly. So its not a bug or something its the way it should look like.

Actually, it's not supposed to be banded at all, it should be very smooth.

Just another point you failed on, Trip is NOT building this rom from source, he is porting it from another device. <- prove me wrong, post your device tree (or just a screenshot of the directory structure)

(here's a hint Trip, remove 'your' xloud system, your lol, it's just ripped from the X10)

As far as the Lockup's well that's down to the Kernel CPU scaling.

Before you bitch at me for not knowing my s***, I have compiled AOSP (ICS) for Pyramid from source, no I will not post it cause far too much is broken.

I also will not go back to XDA, I much prefer to stay here following a dev that does NOTHING for the developer community.

Guest death1246

hey i am only being honest, but i think that this quote sums it up more accurately:

Joel lock

Posted Today, 06:03 PM

this update blows..this happens when you rush him and ask him when will it be released and all that crap, damn you all

i dont want to be treated like a god you tosser, i just want a good phone. that is why i will not download this, its way to early

he needs a lot more time without being rushed, and probably some help off other devs.

U mad bro? You want perfection bro? Learn C bro and build your own rom BRO.

In all honesty building an AOSP Kernel without Source is incredibly hard and requires many engineering skills.

If you want to help feel free to. You're not here to bash on the members opinions you are here to thank the developer for working on something he clearly doesnt have to do if he doesnt want to. It runs smooth on my device but it does have issues. It is a beta not even close to an RC. Dont expect a seed to sprout into a tree especially without water soil and sunlight.

Be nice. Dont rant on others.

I know this is another defending the dev post. But when I coded I got lots of demands and threatening PM's I can imagine how trip feels.

Guest steini81

Then keep posts like the one you did before for your self nobody wants to read such bullshit.

And where did you read that its for the general public? Do you know what "alpha and beta" means?

Nobody said that you must download and flash this rom. If you don't want to test a devs work then go flash a stable rom and be happy.

If people rush a dev and say "release now, i need this and that, release it the way it is, etc" what do you expect?

And posts like yours where you flame the dev dont realy help him ironing out the bugs.

If people say this release is fantastic then its theyr view of things and not your problem.

You came to laugh about other people? I more think that the other people laugh about you.

It would be better if you come back when there is a "stable or RC" version of this rom is available.

And now let us please stop the offtopic s***!!!

I also will not go back to XDA, I much prefer to stay here following a dev that does NOTHING for the developer community.

But he does more than you do for the community.

Mods should rename this thread in "Lets troll and flame TripNRaVeR"

Edited by steini81

Guest djice000

well done Trip :-) awesome work bud, I'm not gonna tell you what you already know with bugs and things but I love the new update :-) don't worry about anything OK? just relax, let your hair down and have some fun :-) all these people posting negative feedback will have to make do or feel free to improve on your awesomeness :P but take care mate, and just have a relaxing xmas, go get drunk lmao, regards :-) (Guildford, England)

Guest rogoshin

Actually, it's not supposed to be banded at all, it should be very smooth.

Just another point you failed on, Trip is NOT building this rom from source, he is porting it from another device. <- prove me wrong, post your device tree (or just a screenshot of the directory structure)

(here's a hint Trip, remove 'your' xloud system, your lol, it's just ripped from the X10)

As far as the Lockup's well that's down to the Kernel CPU scaling.

Before you bitch at me for not knowing my s***, I have compiled AOSP (ICS) for Pyramid from source, no I will not post it cause far too much is broken.

Maybe i misunderstand but i cant see the point of this. How do you feel you contribute to the communityI dont understand why someone would prefer to do the pointless. Only reason i can see is purely negative.

Edited by rogoshin

Guys, please look around for what ever your question may be, then post it. Maybe a user has already submitted a bug report or a fix or something, please don't double post.

And also, give Trip some time to fix the perma-sleep issue.

Thank you! Feliz Navidad! :)

sry but eh..... this bug should not even be

EVERY DEV make a test run... but it seems trip not....

trip is a very good dev and i like sometimes his work

sometimes only because he didnt dev one final, but start 2 other projects....

but this kind of bug.... no way! not when you uploading it

Guest steini81

sry but eh..... this bug should not even be

EVERY DEV make a test run... but it seems trip not....

trip is a very good dev and i like sometimes his work

sometimes only because he didnt dev one final, but start 2 other projects....

but this kind of bug.... no way! not when you uploading it

Yes but where is the big problem? It takes 2 minutes to restore your backup and everything is fine again.

It's not like on XDA where a dev uploaded a rom and 3 people flashed it and got a bricked phone.

When the people reported the problem to the dev he closed his thread and sayd "try to flash a RUU"

lol how flash a RUU when your phone is dead and you can't even charge it or boot into bootloader.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1409828

Edited by steini81

Many LOLs at the md5sum debate. That sounds ridiculous, EVERY good developers knows what is it and sure posts md5sum on every release.

Lol dont have one, secondly because you think i'm blind and stupid for not reading youre post, you aint get one either. Done with you demanding people. Flash sense if you dont trust me.

What the heck?? :D :D :D

Guest BummAround

Yes but where is the big problem? It takes 2 minutes to restore your backup and everything is fine again.

It's not like on XDA where a dev uploaded a rom and 3 people flashed it and got a bricked phone.

When the people reported the problem to the dev he closed his thread and sayd "try to flash a RUU"

lol how flash a RUU when your phone is dead and you can't even charge it or boot into bootloader.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1409828

...and the title is "Recognized Developer" with that particular example. Wow. :o

Guest BummAround

Many LOLs at the md5sum debate. That sounds ridiculous, EVERY good developers knows what is it and sure posts md5sum on every release.

What the heck?? :D :D :D

Nobody's perfect. You? :blink: