Guest TripNRaVeR

4 reboots already :(

Market gives white screen and reboot !

No Reboots so far, but market FC´s.

Googleaccount Setup - works well.

WIFI without Static - nope

Crashes - nope

lockups - nope

i did infact reboot manually, a window appeared that said "android is upgrading", and he optimized around 67 apps

thats kind of new to me !

Edited by Ravaxx

Guest Bluntedslc

No Reboots so far, but market FC´s.

Googleaccount Setup - works well.

WIFI without Static - nope

Crashes - nope

lockups - nope

i did infact reboot manually, a window appeared that said "android is upgrading", and he optimized around 67 apps

thats kind of new to me !

Ive seen that twice now !

Guest stanleynhan

Aaaaah if only there isn't all this freezes, it could be my daily.

Btw, how restore contact from SD card on ICS ? can't find.

agreed, if only this would stop locking up i would have it as daily

Guest Calvin150

GPU rendering is on?

I have the freeze and lock-up issues - GPU rendering on and with live wallpaper (just in case that helped). Boot loops VERY frequent for me, usually within 30 seconds and/or within going to a handful of menus.

Just as a thought - this isn't caused by overheating is it? I notice that on my phone it feels pretty hot - especially since it hasn't been on very long or doing anything overly taxing (I don't think!).

Calvin

Guest falcon eyez

waiting for stable release .. These days I use my sensation a LOT and I really can't test anything on it .. stock rom for now

Thanks Trip .. Great work as always :D

Edited by falcon eyez

Working alright, with a few freeze ups. GPU Rendering is on. I've noticed the music app doesn't work. Also, while trying to play YouTube videos it force closes/reopens YouTube.

If the freezes would stop, I'd be using this as my primary OS.

EDIT: Seems to freeze when playing any videos (I've yet to test one one that is on the internal memory, only one online). Which is expected, for an alpha.

Edited by n4rbs

Guest panzival

I have the freeze and lock-up issues - GPU rendering on and with live wallpaper (just in case that helped). Boot loops VERY frequent for me, usually within 30 seconds and/or within going to a handful of menus.

Just as a thought - this isn't caused by overheating is it? I notice that on my phone it feels pretty hot - especially since it hasn't been on very long or doing anything overly taxing (I don't think!).

Calvin

Just noticed this as well. My phone is incredibly hot and it isn't really doing anything (I do have GPU rendering on).

Just noticed this as well. My phone is incredibly hot and it isn't really doing anything (I do have GPU rendering on).

Mine actually just a little warm. I open market and it fc

Edited by Zehlek

Guest diogened

Its getting hot because the CPU is clocked at 1.5 and you probably have the sensation 4g which should run and 1.2. Use set CPU and lower the frequency to 1.2 or lower and it should feel better. This is also the case btw for trip's excellent MiUI

I just noticed that music does work but you have to use the music widget instead of the music app.

Hmm, ill try this now.

EDIT: Ok, yes it does work this way.

Edited by n4rbs

Guest fr0zenblood75

Hey trip with this being being only an alpha I didnt expect it to be very smooth or have true HW acceleration, but everyone says that its super smooth and you say it does have 3d and 2d acceleration. But I really dont notice it, its not slow at all it actually very fast , but not smooth at all :( Im not bashing or anything i love what your doing im just wondering if this is how ICS will truly run on our phones ? Im only saying this because of other comments not because i expected this to be close to final. I love what your doing btw thanks!!

It feels a bit sluggish, especially in app drawer. Market FC, and any alternative market. Had six soft reboots during aprx 1h of use. Great job by the way! LOL I guess pirate markets are hush hush here :)

Edited by gekn

Guest TripNRaVeR

I tought it was quite obvious that multimedia features are not in the list of things help the stability to say the least

Also setting a live wallpaper will extremely heat up the phone cause it will stay busy continiously. The egl wrapper will focus 100% of the time and 100% cpu usage to correct the egl issues. I highly advise to not use live wallpapers this also will put youre buffers completely full due to the wrapper again.

Ok if any of you guys are familiar with Melvins roms he says to flash rom reboot and do not and I mean do not touch the phone for ten minutes When that ten minutes is up reboot phone let it get a connection then set it up Well I just did that with this rom and so far so good no lock ups or reboots for 30 minutes Try this tek it may help........ Just synced my contacts awesome work trip I think the key is to leave the damn phone alone for a bit before tinkering with it

Edited by Dano79

Nice work trip,

Few reboots as expected,

Sms ok

Mms ok

Data ok ( for a short period then reboot)

Never tested WiFi

Noticed reboots when in the gallery and viewing in landscape, it happened 3 times.

Love the screenshot feature with the power button. Overall great work trip.

Less reboots and I'd use it as a daily if data connection was stable

Regards

Barry

Ok so a few hot reboots to be expected lock ups on changing the icon for my pic in messaging no big deal anyone getting the added sim card prompt after a hot boot I just reboot it when it says that is their a workaround. My mobile data connection is very strong and constant so thats a plus

Edited by Dano79

Ok so a few hot reboots to be expected lock ups on changing the icon for my pic in messaging no big deal anyone getting the added sim card prompt after a hot boot I just reboot it when it says that is their a workaround

I get the sim card popup. I just hit the power button and then re unlock