[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

I hate sense to Trip. Wow this is truly bad a@@ no reboots here I can use this bad boy as a daily thanks... So how are people getting apps on ICS ????

What I did was with my previous rom, I went into data/app and copied all the apks to my sdcard which are the ones I downloaded from market and I just installed them manually in file manager

Are you using the market that's pre installed or what?

I installed some apps I needed from a backup I ran before coming to the ICS ROM. I used Safe Backup.

I installed Safe Backup from the devs website onto the ICS ROM and bam!

FYi!

ICS Market gets much closer but throws an error after download begins.

Guest Joel lock

As for me everything works except the market, gallery, playing videos and nothing else so far..running for 30m and no reboots or freezes! Good job trip!!!

Guest nba1341

Sweet titanium backup worked after emailing myself the apk. Was able to restore sms backup and restore my texts. No reboots yet. Going to attempt to restore facebook and tapatalk since those are the only apps I use

Guest Joel lock

Sweet titanium backup worked after emailing myself the apk. Was able to restore sms backup and restore my texts. No reboots yet. Going to attempt to restore facebook and tapatalk since those are the only apps I use

facebook is useless on ICS the texts won't appear..

Guest nba1341

facebook is useless on ICS the texts won't appear..

lol yep I just have pictures.

Does anybody know where phone options are for changing voicemail number and such?

Guest ronaldramsayii

Does anybody know where phone options are for changing voicemail number and such?

In settings under call settings Edited by ronaldramsayii

Guest Joel lock

nvm i take that back..facebook is working like it should!

Guest HendrikJansen

Nice! Very stable version. After a half hour playing with it, no reboot or freeze. Only some force closes with the galery and camera.

But, when i call someone, I can hear only a clicking noise when the other party talks.

When it is an incoming call, the sound is to soft. The phone volume in the settings is set to loudest.

Guest Joel lock

If anybody is having problems with the market, install an older version..I now can install applications

Edited by Joel lock

Guest nba1341

nvm i take that back..facebook is working like it should!

Mine still has blank text with pictures. How did you fix? Clear data?

P.S. was able to get a bunch of apps that wouldn't install working by singing them with zipsigner2. Including battery indicator pro although it is extremely small in the status bar

EDIT:

WHat market version? I have 2.26's and all the way back to 1.X's which one works?

Edited by nba1341

If anybody is having problems with the market, install an older version..I now can install applications

do u have a link to an apk of an older market version that works on Trip's ICS? someone?

Can you share?

Guest nba1341

Just tried Handcent SMS the text app I normally use on sense roms. So far working great (Including notification popup) and looks much better in the bottom bar since now its all blue icons lol

Swiftkey is also working

Dropbox works great too

Google Voice caused reboot after clearing data but using my restored app with data it works fine.

Edited by nba1341

Guest Bluewall2

Just tried Handcent SMS the text app I normally use on sense roms. So far working great (Including notification popup) and looks much better in the bottom bar since now its all blue icons lol

Swiftkey is also working

Dropbox works great too

Google Voice caused reboot after clearing data but using my restored app with data it works fine.

How do you install app ? No market, no USB connection ? :P

Guest nba1341

How do you install app ? No market, no USB connection ? :P

I emailed myself titanium backup and then was able to restore all my apps through it since they were already backed up on my sd card from sense rom.

No market yet for me although I wish