[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey Trip, here is another interesting thing. There is a project which wants to bring Android to x86. They want to use the Linux mesa lib for 3D acceleration and have a branch to adapt it to ICS.

Here is the commit list, hopefully it helps: http://git.android-x...s/heads/ics-x86

Aaaand this one came from the HD2 thread over at XDA (all credits to antuch).

Explained how to hack for EGL - updated as much as

1. You need rights *.so adreno200. Not all *.so worked with ICS. You can try from my build.

2. You should patch these files:

DisplayHardware.cpp - selectConfigForPixelFormat

SurfaceFlinger.cpp - SurfaceFlinger::createNormalSurface or define NO_RGBX_8888

eglApi.cpp - eglSwapBuffers

glext.h - remap GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES

gl2ext.h - remap GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES

state.cpp - fix case GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES

BootAnimation.cpp - BootAnimation::android()

for details see patchset - first aid hacks. Needs additional investigations and developments.

http://www.multiupload.com/HMP17EWYS1

Edited by yoogie

Not much to add as for bugs. A lot of bugs have been solved. I find it stable enough for daily usage, despite very few reboots or hickups. Good job Trip.

For the game crashes, which seems to be related to the 3D hw-acc as per Trip's posts. Guys, I dont care LOL, but did you reboot after deleting the file suggested by Trip. Also, please do modify the build.prop as per Trips' request. Your help in developing and bug-hunting will be good for further progress I am sure.

And please, I am sure all those links to other projects are meant in a good mind. Just, please keep in mind that the issues left are mostly related to propriatary hw drivers, which is mot publically available (only the kernel is available from HTC, and only the basic AOSP, clean ICS from Google). So, unless the platforms you link to have the same hw it wont do much good.

Try adding this to build.prop

ro.config.disable_hw_accel=true

and/or

video.accelerate.hw=0

Nope - any/all combinations of the above result in the same outcome.. game freezes and then phone resets.

Nope - any/all combinations of the above result in the same outcome.. game freezes and then phone resets.

Can you provide any logs from output of dmesg, that might help Trip in locating what's happening?

adb shell

su

dmesg > \sdcard\dmesg.log

or from a terminal on phone

su

and post the output to Trip :)

Can you provide any logs from output of dmesg, that might help Trip in locating what's happening?

adb shell

su

dmesg > sdcarddmesg.log

su

dmesg > sdcarddmesg.log

and post the output to Trip

When I am near a computer, yes.

Guest Arz Bhatia

Okay random Off-topic Android related question.

My contact photos after sync appear very distorted and pixelated despite high quality photos. :( Why so!! :(

My contact photos after sync appear very distorted and pixelated despite high quality photos. :( Why so!! :(

I think you need to add them on the phone. GoogleMail does not support highres

Guest atticus182

My guess is that it is synced with your Google account which only has small images so it doesn't take much data traffic when you synchronise your contacts.

Maybe Google will increase the image size soon because of Android 4.0 where your contact pictures appear fullsize when you make a call, that would be nice :)

Aaaand this one came from the HD2 thread over at XDA (all credits to antuch).

Explained how to hack for EGL - updated as much as

1. You need rights *.so adreno200. Not all *.so worked with ICS. You can try from my build.

2. You should patch these files:

DisplayHardware.cpp - selectConfigForPixelFormat

SurfaceFlinger.cpp - SurfaceFlinger::createNormalSurface or define NO_RGBX_8888

eglApi.cpp - eglSwapBuffers

glext.h - remap GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES

gl2ext.h - remap GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES

state.cpp - fix case GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES

BootAnimation.cpp - BootAnimation::android()

for details see patchset - first aid hacks. Needs additional investigations and developments.

http://www.multiupload.com/HMP17EWYS1

Trip, I have asked some developers who claimed to have ICS with HWAccel working for different devices. They used this patchset linked to my quoted post and it appeared to work. You might want to try it..

Guest Arz Bhatia

My guess is that it is synced with your Google account which only has small images so it doesn't take much data traffic when you synchronise your contacts.

Maybe Google will increase the image size soon because of Android 4.0 where your contact pictures appear fullsize when you make a call, that would be nice :)

Hmm I hope so.. :)

Guest BummAround

ANDROID 4.0 (ICE CREAM SANDWICH) PORTS [Progress Report] *11th December 2011*

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=20139152

on some devices listed in that thread hwa works fully

Trip, I have asked some developers who claimed to have ICS with HWAccel working for different devices. They used this patchset linked to my quoted post and it appeared to work. You might want to try it..

It's allegedly working on the Desire and Desire HD with some hacks.

Hopefully it's true, though. But with some hacks?

Edited by BummAround

ANDROID 4.0 (ICE CREAM SANDWICH) PORTS [Progress Report] *11th December 2011*

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=20139152

on some devices listed in that thread hwa works fully

Off topic but I just wanted top say how S&*#y of XDA to remove the Sensation from that list when we have such a great build. It was listed on there when the list first came out and then a Nazi, I mean mod removed it.

Guest inzanic

I've got a friend who's using ICS on his Desire.

He said that the HWACC was enabled with some sort of hack - but that contributed with a lot of hacking and freeze lags, which made the feeling much worse than without it enabled.

Off topic but I just wanted top say how S&*#y of XDA to remove the Sensation from that list when we have such a great build. It was listed on there when the list first came out and then a Nazi, I mean mod removed it.

Uhoh Nazi writing here ;) No idea why Trip's work is not appreciated on there, perhaps it's Trip's decision. I do know that XDA have been doing quite a large clean-up. Basically, they only want dev's there. But I do see that too many noobs (sorry) are posting ridicoulous questions and flaming there. This have in terms caused several legit dev threads to be closed. Which this 'Nazi' personally don't appreciate at all (there, now i'll be suspended from that forum LOL).

Short, it's not listed because its not accepted for whateverstupidorlegitreason (no offence Trip, you do great work)

Guest BummAround

I've got a friend who's using ICS on his Desire.

He said that the HWACC was enabled with some sort of hack - but that contributed with a lot of hacking and freeze lags, which made the feeling much worse than without it enabled.

Pretty sure Trip will make this hw acceleration to work without any hack.

He just need time (and decent sleep hours). :lol:

It's only a matter of time.

Guest inzanic

Pretty sure Trip will make this hw acceleration to work without any hack.

He just need time (and decent sleep hours). :lol:

It's only a matter of time.

Haha, yeah - Hope so!

It would have been great if he could communicate with us - using Twitter or some sort of social network.

But, well. F5-ing works kinda good anyways ;)

Guest BummAround

Haha, yeah - Hope so!

It would have been great if he could communicate with us - using Twitter or some sort of social network.

But, well. F5-ing works kinda good anyways ;)

Couldn't care less, really, my friend.

TRIP delivers, that's the bottom line. B)

Others (mostly) just do "social" pull-your-chain, such "communication" is as good as nothing.

Guest steini81

adb shell

su

su

and post the output to Trip :)

@Trip I hope i did it right.

sdcarddmesg.log.txt

Can you provide any logs from output of dmesg, that might help Trip in locating what's happening?adb shellsudmesg > \sdcard\dmesg.logor from a terminal on phonesudmesg > \sdcard\dmesg.logand post the output to Trip :)
Trip - I must apologise - with video.accelerate.hw=0 ONLY the game does load and i can play. Not sure what I did differently - was rebooting after each change previously. At any rate, my HWA is off!

EDIT: Subsequent reboot (by me) and the game crashes... will post log in a second.

RE-EDIT: Wife thinks I'm spending too much time with my phone - log might have to wait (although I see Steini posted his - ta!)

Edited by mils69

Stop whining, click on thread tools, enable subscriptions via mail and scan for the first line in each mail for the term "TripNRaver".

Edit: Sorry, quoted the wrong post

Edited by yoogie