[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest inzanic

Simple...one of the issues is when you touch the volume button the phone freezes and reboots. If you use speaker or mute it turns into squeaky noises and may even reboot. Its Alpha and will be fixed accordingly. In the meantime sit back and let Trip work.

This issue annoys you, but it annoys Trio even more when people don't read the thread and report the same issues over and over.

Not jumping on you or mad at you, just letting you know what it is.

Ah, okey. I fully understand.

I've tried to find similar problems without success. But, thanks anyways :')

Guest Lucas Childers

I don't knoe if I am doing somrthing wrong, but T-Mobile my accout never loads. When I go into settings I dont have a phone number either, I can still make calls and stuff though

Guest ronaldramsayii
I don't knoe if I am doing somrthing wrong, but T-Mobile my accout never loads. When I go into settings I dont have a phone number either, I can still make calls and stuff though

Yeah I don't know why my number doesn't appear neither. Its the same on CM7 and MIUI. There has to be a fix but it hasn't been figured out. The only thing I've seen was people call into T-Mobile and have them do a OTA update to their SIM Card.

Guest Vexation

How to annoy the s**t out of Trip:

- Ask constantly for release dates instead of waiting for the release when it's deemed ready by Trip.

- Complain about this and/or that not functioning correctly even after Trip said there are other things which are being fixed first.

- Asking for when this and/or that is going to be implemented.

- Demanding a beta release.

How to help Trip:

- Explain the issue you have accompanied with a logcat. This is done after searching if your problem has already been mentioned.

- If you have a solution which one of the members is having, don't just keep it for yourself, and provide the solution to that specific member.

- If you're a Dev of some sort, Trip sometimes posts progress reports or problems he is having on Twitter and/or here. Offer assistance if you have knowledge of the issue.

- Donate to Trip. He's spending a LOT of time on this port. I believe I saw him updating his status mid night. Show a little appreciation for the work he is doing. Without him, we'd all be stuck waiting for CM9, and who knows how long they'd keep us in the dark.

Now, I'm no saint either. I've asked for a release once as well. And I've reported an issue which had already been discussed by Trip. However, I realised that that was not the way to go, and now am trying to help out in any way I can.

Just my 2 cents

Guest Erwin Kroeze

Agreed!

It's silly that he has it to do on his own. There will be people that also have knowledge of android? If there are people who have knowledge of this, they should help Trip, dont they? More souls would produce more knowledge then just one person..

I will help, but i can't. I really appreciate Trip's work and thats the reason he could use some help, so that he also have some rest, instead that everyone is pushing him to release his work.

It has to be complete. It's better to give him the time and that a perfect rom will result, then to make it quick and that bugs are still occur. I totally agree with @Vexation.

Trip, i like what you are doing and all i want to say is: Blijf zo doorgaan! xD...

Guest ronaldramsayii
How to annoy the s**t out of Trip:

- Ask constantly for release dates instead of waiting for the release when it's deemed ready by Trip.

- Complain about this and/or that not functioning correctly even after Trip said there are other things which are being fixed first.

- Asking for when this and/or that is going to be implemented.

- Demanding a beta release.

How to help Trip:

- Explain the issue you have accompanied with a logcat. This is done after searching if your problem has already been mentioned.

- If you have a solution which one of the members is having, don't just keep it for yourself, and provide the solution to that specific member.

- If you're a Dev of some sort, Trip sometimes posts progress reports or problems he is having on Twitter and/or here. Offer assistance if you have knowledge of the issue.

- Donate to Trip. He's spending a LOT of time on this port. I believe I saw him updating his status mid night. Show a little appreciation for the work he is doing. Without him, we'd all be stuck waiting for CM9, and who knows how long they'd keep us in the dark.

Now, I'm no saint either. I've asked for a release once as well. And I've reported an issue which had already been discussed by Trip. However, I realised that that was not the way to go, and now am trying to help out in any way I can.

Just my 2 cents

Damn dude. Couldn't say it any better :D

Guest AZ2ENVY

I like Trips ROM's . I also like his personality . He is more interactive with the people who follow him and actually answers questions people have .

I like this better than the arrogant , God Complex a majority of the other Devs have . Great work Trip keep your head up !

Guest Lucas Childers

Instead of complaning about what other people post, lets just say whats wrong and compile a list of things. Im sure Trip doesnt want to sit there sifting through posts. Lets be smart. Hes working on a huge project that takes the HTC devs months to do.

So I downgraded back to a Sense ROM for a little bit the other day, but immediately flashed back to this alpha. Android 2.3 and Sense just feel clumsy compared to ICS. The speed and fluidity of opening applications and completing tasks is just top notch.

Far less freezes/reboots in 7.7. I've had maybe one actually. Tried to load the new Trebuchet launcher from CM9 but it's now only compatible with 4.0.3. Looking forward to that!

Cheers.

Guest Dragon_Droid

So I downgraded back to a Sense ROM for a little bit the other day, but immediately flashed back to this alpha. Android 2.3 and Sense just feel clumsy compared to ICS. The speed and fluidity of opening applications and completing tasks is just top notch.

Far less freezes/reboots in 7.7. I've had maybe one actually. Tried to load the new Trebuchet launcher from CM9 but it's now only compatible with 4.0.3. Looking forward to that!

Cheers.

you getting that low memory warning too??

Anyone figured out how to cure that yet?

Guest RutgervanG

Heb afgelopen zarerdag de galaxy nexus hunt gewonnen en heb even jouw naam genoemd tripnraver. Heb die hunt gewoon gewonnen met jouw ROM van ICS op mn sensation. Works like a charm, op galaxy nexus toch iets beter though, haha ;). Thanks for your amazing skills!

For low in call vol, try app from market volume+… seems better when you set boost to 4+ ...

Placebo maybe? i tried and its still the same :-( i think its not compatible with ics

This low in call vol is killing me :(

Guest Bathyon

I honestly cant wait for a beta. ICS looks so slick. Even MIUI gingerbread doesnt satisfy me anymore lol.

Haha, I feel the same. Giving that trip is the only one delivering miui working and ics working I guess miui 4.0 ics will be his next move ;). Sorry for OT

Guest down4life

Placebo maybe? i tried and its still the same :-( i think its not compatible with ics

This low in call vol is killing me :(

Hmmmm..maybe, will test when go out, in room seems better...but as you said, maybe its just feel.