The Battery drain fix I found works like this. I found this through trial and error.

Guest arnookie

Guest arnookie

The Battery drain fix I found works like this. I found this through trial and error. Should work on all phones with clockwork recovery.

Step 1 Charge phone to 100% whilst in android os. Then shut down the phone and charge again for a further 1 hour.

Ignore the battery icon saying it is already fully charged just keep it charging for the full hour.

Step 2 Unplug the charger and boot clockwork By holding power and volume down untill the second vibrate.

Step 3 In clockwork go to advanced and select Wipe battery stats. Wipe battery data 3 times. (you must do this three times.)

Step 4 Then insert your charger whilst still in clockwork. Wait about 5 mins and wipe battery stats again.

Step 5 Finally unplug the charger whilst still in clockwork and then wipe battery data again.

Step 6 Press back button in clockwork twice and select restart the phone.

Thats it done. My battery has been superb since I did these steps.

Hope it helps. :0)

Please leave comments if you find it helped your battery problem.

My battery is now lasting 3x longer than before.

Edited by arnookie

Guest dibbles

when I have first flashed a ROM I ensure, prior to doing that, I do the usual wipes as well as wiping the battery stats. When I have configured the ROM and restored my apps and games etc I then leave it on charge for quite a while after it has reached 100%. Then I run the battery calibration app which I ave restored (dl from the market) and simply follow the instructions.

I then use the phone as I normally would do. At night when I'm going to bed I leave it Airplane mode and then put it back to normal in the morning.

That is all I need to do. Using Juice defender or Green Power Premium has little effect with my type of usage on battery performance.

Guest trueno2k

I went through the battery calibration steps shown above a couple of weeks ago and found no real difference to my battery drain... with light usage of phone and left on standby or so I think it's in standby when it's not in use I get about 12-16 hours, but with moderate use it goes down to 6-8 hours and as soon as I start using it heavily I only get around 3-4 hours... You see I've got several apps that I can't really not include on my OMC, such as Beautiful Widgets, Facebook, Titanium Backup, Link2SD, Gmail, Hotmail for Android, Yahoo mail, and so on, which I use on a regular basis, and so don't wanna remove them from my OMC... I still haven't figured out what is causing my phone to lose power whilst in standby, but I do...

What I'm trying to get at is, to only really get longevity from your OMC / Skate is to have minimal apps installed and just on the OMC's internal app data storage, but by doing this you're really making this phone just a phone.. I have noticed that when you have flashed a rom onto a completely blank OMC, with just CWM ( using the TPT method ) that the OMC does last longer when it's in it's fresh Android flash form and even longer in standby, however this isn't the objectivity for an android device... So, my point is the battery life all depends on how you use it and how you have customised the layout and what you have installed on it... I don't think any of these battery calibration techniques really do any good for the device...

My two cents worth done! :P

Edited by trueno2k

Guest Frankish

No offence guys but I get bored of battery threads and ill say the same as I said in the ones I've seen in HTC Tattoo, HTC Desire, Zte Blade, Motor Defy, Hd2, x10i and sgs2 forums... My battery life is fine I can push 2 days tops with moderate usage. Standby time is really good for me. I think people imagine this drain.

Guest Skate Away

I went through the battery calibration steps shown above a couple of weeks ago and found no real difference to my battery drain...

Well, if the max cell voltage hasn't changed (it can't be increased) and the min cell voltage hasn't been changed (again, can't be done) and the capacity of the cell hasn't changed, then recalibrating and "Wiping battery data 3 times" really isn't going to "battery is now lasting 3x longer than before." - no matter how superstitious you are.

3 isn't the magic number.

Sorry.

cool.gif

Well, if the max cell voltage hasn't changed (it can't be increased) and the min cell voltage hasn't been changed (again, can't be done) and the capacity of the cell hasn't changed, then recalibrating and "Wiping battery data 3 times" really isn't going to "battery is now lasting 3x longer than before." - no matter how superstitious you are.

3 isn't the magic number.

Sorry.

cool.gif

I have already said this about this method.I think my exact words where,"hit and miss"

There is no exact method here,its basically a stats wipe with a load of crap thrown in for good measure.

Is battry life really that poor ? Mine will last 24 hours if used wisely.If you are constantly playing about with your android,then of course your battery will die quicker.Just like if you thrash your car,the fuel will drain fast.

The solution is to set up the device correctly to avoid too much drain.For example,I dont really use widgets,only google search bar and folders on my two screens,and one system info widget,no livewallpaper,data off when not in use,etc,etc,the list goes on.

One really effective way to remove drain is to by another battery and a zte charger,this is what I have.Whilst one battery is in use and discharging,the other is charging,thus giving a constant supply.Soon as one battery dies,I simply switch,like changing the clip in my colt 45 when it runs out of bullets. :lol:

Guest gitf@ce

No offence guys but I get bored of battery threads and ill say the same as I said in the ones I've seen in HTC Tattoo, HTC Desire, Zte Blade, Motor Defy, Hd2, x10i and sgs2 forums... My battery life is fine I can push 2 days tops with moderate usage. Standby time is really good for me. I think people imagine this drain.

Agreed... unless your batt is a duffer or some app is hammering away at it, then it has to be a question of usage pattern (Horses for courses).

Edited by gitf@ce

Guest Frankish

Yeah. Honestly every android phone I've had has the same post in its forums. Too many factors can make a small variance but that "drain" is just the normal use in most cases.

Until we have nuclear powered batteries that never run out and double as a hand grenade,we have to live with it.

BATTERIES DRAIN ITS WHAT THEY DO :blink:

Edited by Guest