Cheapest place to buy in the UK

Guest undisclosedpower

Guest undisclosedpower

Aside from ebay? Prices around the net seem to be floating between £500-515 and while i'm probably thinking wishfully that i'll find it cheaper. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Obviously I'm looking for a Sim free and unlocked device. Anyone have any cheaper prices?

Cheers!

Guest drewstiff

Check in Germany, its cheaper here

I believe 3 sell it for £499 unlocked. Well I think it's unlocked - I bought mine on contract from them and I was able to use my Vodafone SIM fine, although YMMV.

Guest chowdarygm

I believe 3 sell it for £499 unlocked. Well I think it's unlocked - I bought mine on contract from them and I was able to use my Vodafone SIM fine, although YMMV.

In germany you can get a factory unlocked model for 450 pounds (520 euros) but currently all are out of stock and I was lucky to get one :)

Guest undisclosedpower

So I caved and went to a three store near work and picked up a payg device.

@drewstiff Yep £499 at three, my device ended up being unlocked and i've put both my giffgaff and my o2 sim in it. Putting on the MCR now.

Guest chowdarygm

So I caved and went to a three store near work and picked up a payg device.

@drewstiff Yep £499 at three, my device ended up being unlocked and i've put both my giffgaff and my o2 sim in it. Putting on the MCR now.

Congrats :)

Guest fsas180

I would just tweet @vodafoneukdeals who can offer the phone for £36 a month over 18 months, handset free. You get 900 minutes, unlimited texts and 750mb data, and 2gb of BT Openzone. In total this works out at £648, assuming the handset is £500, you're paying just under £9 a month for that tarriff, better than any SIM only deal. Plus, if you have a problem with the phone, they will send you a replacement next day.

Guest StuMcBill

If you are a current customer with O2, you can get it from them for £450, it is locked to O2 though.

O2 will unlock it free if you have been a contract customer for a while or you can pay £7 and get a code on eBay?

Guest unfitguy

I just purchased a 3 grade B from CEX for £400, was going to get it sim unlocked stuck my T Mobile sim in and it recognised straight away. So effectively mine looks mint is unlocked and cost £400 quid. Unsure of best new price but I thought I'd post this in case it was helpful

I just purchased a 3 grade B from CEX for £400, was going to get it sim unlocked stuck my T Mobile sim in and it recognised straight away. So effectively mine looks mint is unlocked and cost £400 quid. Unsure of best new price but I thought I'd post this in case it was helpful

A couple of guys over on xda bought it for £425 from vodafone !

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20302337&postcount=1086

A couple of guys over on xda bought it for £425 from vodafone !

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20302337&postcount=1086

Here's how I got mine:

£159.99 For Handset from Affordable Mobiles

-£60 Quidco

£10.50 p/m on o2 50 (Remove £10 internet bolt-on)

Total Price = £351.99 + an emergency sim for the car! :-) (Subject to 24 month contract - no need to downgrade, redemption and any other malarky!)

For more info: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-nexus-for-322-affordable-mobiles-1064151

Edited by r5ingh

No internet??? That's got to be a deal breaker.

Here's how I got mine:

£159.99 For Handset from Affordable Mobiles

-£60 Quidco

£10.50 p/m on o2 50 (Remove £10 internet bolt-on)

Total Price = £351.99 + an emergency sim for the car! :-) (Subject to 24 month contract - no need to downgrade, redemption and any other malarky!)

For more info: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-nexus-for-322-affordable-mobiles-1064151

I paid £150 to do a handset only upgrade with phones 4 u. This kept me on my same 18mth Orange contract £26/mth Not bad as I probably wouldn't have gone to a much cheaper contract anyway and can upgrade in 15 months.

I think the point is you keep the sim as a spare or throw it away :P - Its cheaper this way than buying it offline.

Nah, I use another sim in the phone! Where else can you get a Nexus for £10p/m at 0% interest? :D It beats it buying sim free! :)

Edited by r5ingh