[ROM] TXG (CM6.1 mod), updated 2012 02 02

Guest twrock

Dear twrock,

All the best for 2012 and for this TXG 2012 ROM.

I own a U8230/a1 stock 2.1 and I'm pretty much looking for the deserved upgrade to Android 2.2.

A short time ago dived into the Mod World, installing a CM6.1 AIO v5 Mod, and was able to workaround all the issues with the U8220 ROM.

Unfortunately the Mod ROM was not able to work correctly with my bluetooth Car Kit, so I had to rollback to the stock 2.1 ROM.

Basically, the BT pairing was correctly done and I was able to use the hands-free device, but the Phonebook transfer was never executed.

Using hcidump I was able to trace that obex is used and a response status 406 was issued to the request, instead of the 200 in the 2.1 stock ROM.

I would like to know is if the TXG CM61RC2 ROM supports the PBAP "Phone Book Access Profile" over bluetooth, or is there anyway I can activate this feature if I start using TXG.

Thanks for your time supporting this ROM and device.

JRMatias

Sorry to have to tell you that I simply don't know. From your description of the problem, it seems to me that you know far more than I about what the problem is and what the potential solutions could possibly be. I am not a programmer. When you use terms like "hcidump", "obex", and "response staus 406", I am already lost. So I don't even understand your description of the problem, and there is no way I can tell you what you will find if you try to work with the TXG rom. Sorry.

But I can tell you that I have done nothing to the TXG rom that should have affected that (for good or for bad). I am simply using the final version of Tom G's port of CyanogenMod 6.1 rc2 for the Pulse, with mostly "cosmetic" changes. If that rom did not work, then TXG will not either.

Guest JRMatias

Sorry to have to tell you that I simply don't know. From your description of the problem, it seems to me that you know far more than I about what the problem is and what the potential solutions could possibly be. I am not a programmer. When you use terms like "hcidump", "obex", and "response staus 406", I am already lost. So I don't even understand your description of the problem, and there is no way I can tell you what you will find if you try to work with the TXG rom. Sorry.

But I can tell you that I have done nothing to the TXG rom that should have affected that (for good or for bad). I am simply using the final version of Tom G's port of CyanogenMod 6.1 rc2 for the Pulse, with mostly "cosmetic" changes. If that rom did not work, then TXG will not either.

Thanks for the quick response.

Understand that the Bluetooth protocol issues are out of scope of this thread, and a bit complex (also for me), with all the profiles and protocols.

Perhaps you can point me the best place to post, person to seek advice for or look for precise information how the whole process works in Android, by PM if you think it's better.

So, for testing, I've installed the TXG06 ROM and it runs very fluid.

As suspected, the bluetooth issue with my car kit, also happens with this ROM as with the AIOv5 I've previously installed.

Since both Roms are based in Cyanogen Mod 6.1 RC2 (Tom G's Port), the system files; bin/bluetoothd, bin/sdptool and app/Bluetooth.apk are exactly the same. I'm pin-pointing these files by poking init.rc where bluetoothd and service pbap are defined.

I'll try to obtain these bluetooth binaries and apk from an Android 2.2 distribution, like CM6.1 Final (instead of RC2) and merge it into the TXG06 installation to see I can put this to work.

Guess CM7 files (although higher versions) are 2.3 based ? and probably can't be used this way.

All the best for the TXG ROM.

Edited by JRMatias

Thanks for the quick response.

Understand that the Bluetooth protocol issues are out of scope of this thread, and a bit complex (also for me), with all the profiles and protocols.

Perhaps you can point me the best place to post, person to seek advice for or look for precise information how the whole process works in Android, by PM if you think it's better.

So, for testing, I've installed the TXG06 ROM and it runs very fluid.

As suspected, the bluetooth issue with my car kit, also happens with this ROM as with the AIOv5 I've previously installed.

Since both Roms are based in Cyanogen Mod 6.1 RC2 (Tom G's Port), the system files; bin/bluetoothd, bin/sdptool and app/Bluetooth.apk are exactly the same. I'm pin-pointing these files by poking init.rc where bluetoothd and service pbap are defined.

I'll try to obtain these bluetooth binaries and apk from an Android 2.2 distribution, like CM6.1 Final (instead of RC2) and merge it into the TXG06 installation to see I can put this to work.

Guess CM7 files (although higher versions) are 2.3 based ? and probably can't be used this way.

All the best for the TXG ROM.

I had always wished that Tom G would have compiled CM6.1 final for us, but it didn't happen. Maybe if it had happened, some of the remaining bugs would have been solved. If you do any work to update/fix this rom, please share it with the rest of us.

If you have a look at the other threads in this forum, you will notice some people who are working on things like kernel building and other low-level modifications. Those people are much more likely to understand the issues you are dealing with (and will at least understand the "language" you are speaking). ;)

Guest may_moon911

first sorry for my bad english

i own u8230 and i found ur thread while searching for the 2.2 here on modaco

i've installed ur android on my mobile it's succefully installed but the after click reboot now the phone still looping in android logo "android and some light on it from left to right" and then it restart on the same logo again and make it's moves from left to right...........before 3 weeks i has installed a 2.2.1 android but the camera on it still crash although when using 3rd party apps so i restored my mobile back to the 2.1 original...is this 2.2 can work on my mobile or i've to research for another 2.2

first sorry for my bad english

i own u8230 and i found ur thread while searching for the 2.2 here on modaco

i've installed ur android on my mobile it's succefully installed but the after click reboot now the phone still looping in android logo "android and some light on it from left to right" and then it restart on the same logo again and make it's moves from left to right...........before 3 weeks i has installed a 2.2.1 android but the camera on it still crash although when using 3rd party apps so i restored my mobile back to the 2.1 original...is this 2.2 can work on my mobile or i've to research for another 2.2

This rom has worked fine on other people's U8230, so it should work fine for you too.

Without a lot more information, all I can suggest is that you go back to the first post in this thread and read every word very carefully. Since you have a U8230, you should begin with the official Huawei update for your U8230, and not the UK2010 update. (That is also mentioned in that first post.) But if you do not follow the instructions very carefully, you might not get a successful install.

Good luck.

Guest may_moon911

This rom has worked fine on other people's U8230, so it should work fine for you too.

Without a lot more information, all I can suggest is that you go back to the first post in this thread and read every word very carefully. Since you have a U8230, you should begin with the official Huawei update for your U8230, and not the UK2010 update. (That is also mentioned in that first post.) But if you do not follow the instructions very carefully, you might not get a successful install.

Good luck.

i'm so sorry for that ....the rom working perfectly

when removed the sd card and open the mobile the mobile continue booting and vibrate then i put the sd card again ... u can post in the fisrt thread a caution for people who stucks on the logo they have to remove thier sd card after pressing repot now

thnx very much ..... the camera working perfectly even if i take multiple pictures in 3mp and @ super fine really really thnx very much

arabic is better than my old 2.2....this works all around the rom

i have some questions

1- u said that there is apps. in this rom like set mac address "the wifi works fine but i just asking"

2- where app2sd "i don't need it because i'm using Link2sd" i'm just asking ...:D

2- i format my sd card to 3 partitions my data as fat 32 and i know how to use it ,ext2 to move the apps to it and the third 30mb linux swap ... i don' tknow where i can use this and can this partition make the rom faster.?!!

3- u said "691 mhz kernel installed and set to auto-throttle up to 614 and down to 245 by default, so you don't need to change anything if those are the numbers you want. If you prefer, you can change this with No-frills CPU Control (pre-installed in this rom) or other CPU control app. " do i miss understanding what u wrote..i have to download it from market or i can find it in the rom..."i'm using antutu cpu...which speed will appear 691 or 614??

@ last i want to say thnk u million times....u made a great work on it...thnx very much

i have some questions

1- u said that there is apps. in this rom like set mac address "the wifi works fine but i just asking"

2- where app2sd "i don't need it because i'm using Link2sd" i'm just asking ...:D

2- i format my sd card to 3 partitions my data as fat 32 and i know how to use it ,ext2 to move the apps to it and the third 30mb linux swap ... i don' tknow where i can use this and can this partition make the rom faster.?!!

3- u said "691 mhz kernel installed and set to auto-throttle up to 614 and down to 245 by default, so you don't need to change anything if those are the numbers you want. If you prefer, you can change this with No-frills CPU Control (pre-installed in this rom) or other CPU control app. " do i miss understanding what u wrote..i have to download it from market or i can find it in the rom..."i'm using antutu cpu...which speed will appear 691 or 614??

@ last i want to say thnk u million times....u made a great work on it...thnx very much

1- The MAC address bug is only a problem if your wifi network requires it. It will not be a problem for most people.

2- If Link2SD is working well for you, I suggest you don't change it. DarkTremor Apps2SD does not show up in the application list, but it is there. If you formatted your SD card properly with a EXT2 partition before you installed this rom, the DT Apps2SD would have been working automatically.

2- (Your question is unclear to me.) Again, the support for swap is part of this rom. If you properly formatted your SD card with a Linux swap partition, it is probably working already. You won't "see" anything, but it should help your system to run better. But again, if your phone is running well, don't try to change anything.

3- No-frills CPU Control is an application that I put in the rom. You should have it if you installed the rom correctly. Antutu CPU will work fine too. If you don't want to run the phone faster than 614mhz, you don't need to do anything with any CPU controller. But if you want to run your phone faster or slower than 614mhz, then you need to use one of the CPU controller applications. (I run my phone at a maximum of 528mhz.)

Guest may_moon911

3- No-frills CPU Control is an application that I put in the rom. You should have it if you installed the rom correctly. Antutu CPU will work fine too. If you don't want to run the phone faster than 614mhz, you don't need to do anything with any CPU controller. But if you want to run your phone faster or slower than 614mhz, then you need to use one of the CPU controller applications. (I run my phone at a maximum of 528mhz.)

thanks a lot for ur reply but i can't find No-frills cpu , but it is not a problem because i'm always use antutu cpu and it works fine and i set the speed to 480 and i still able to play angrybirds verygood

i formatted my sd card after installing this rom but the rom is fast and stable so as i understand there is no need to make my sd card 2 partitions or it will make the rom more faster ??

hello, I am having problem connect to wifi. it stucks at "Obtaining IP address". could you please help ? many thanks

Sorry. Again as with others who experience a specific problem, without a lot more information there is little I can do to help you solve a very specific problem. All I can suggest at this point is that if this problem persists, it is likely because of something you did wrong during installation or something you did after installing the rom. But be assured that this rom has been installed by many others who use it without any Wifi problems. You should be able to get it working too.

If all else fails, go back to the first post and reinstall the rom from scratch. Be sure to read everything very carefully and follow all the instructions exactly as they are stated.

Good luck.

thanks a lot for ur reply but i can't find No-frills cpu , but it is not a problem because i'm always use antutu cpu and it works fine and i set the speed to 480 and i still able to play angrybirds verygood

i formatted my sd card after installing this rom but the rom is fast and stable so as i understand there is no need to make my sd card 2 partitions or it will make the rom more faster ??

If you don't have No-frills CPU, then either you uninstalled it, or you wiped your phone after installation. But no worry. Use Antutu.

Regarding partitioning your SD card, if it is working well for you right now, I suggest you don't change it. If you want to change it, just go back to the first post and click on the link for instructions on how to partition your card.

Guest newpulse

If you don't have No-frills CPU, then either you uninstalled it, or you wiped your phone after installation. But no worry. Use Antutu.

Regarding partitioning your SD card, if it is working well for you right now, I suggest you don't change it. If you want to change it, just go back to the first post and click on the link for instructions on how to partition your card.

thanks for your reply.

I have installed TXG directly over my current cm6.1 rc2-pulse-f0.3.3. which had been working well. do I need to go back to official UK 2.1 rom from back in 2010 before installing TXG ?

thanks for your reply.

I have installed TXG directly over my current cm6.1 rc2-pulse-f0.3.3. which had been working well. do I need to go back to official UK 2.1 rom from back in 2010 before installing TXG ?

If the last official update you did was to the UK 2010 rom, then there is no need to do that again. The purpose of the official UK 2010 rom is only to create the proper sized partitions on your phone. (It has nothing to do with partitions on the SD card.) But if you did not do a full wipe before installing TXG, that might explain some of what you encountered. However, I will once again suggest that if it is working well, don't change anything. "If it works, don't fix it."

Guest may_moon911

i prefer not to change anything..it's working fine

.........................thank u verymuch

Guest Hackrunes

Hi,

I've installed the ROM (TXG6) without any problems, but now when I'm trying to change my MAC address with the Set MAC Address app, I get immediately a error saying:

"MAC value inconsistent. Your device is not supported."

I have a U8220 phone.

Do you know a solution for this problem?

Thankyou,

Hackrunes

ps, I'm Dutch rolleyes.gif

Hi,

I've installed the ROM (TXG6) without any problems, but now when I'm trying to change my MAC address with the Set MAC Address app, I get immediately a error saying:

"MAC value inconsistent. Your device is not supported."

I have a U8220 phone.

Do you know a solution for this problem?

Thankyou,

Hackrunes

ps, I'm Dutch rolleyes.gif

I don't know what to tell you. I've never seen that problem.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling SetMAC Address and see if that solves it.

Good luck.

Guest Hackrunes

I don't know what to tell you. I've never seen that problem.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling SetMAC Address and see if that solves it.

Good luck.

Thank you for your reply.

I installed now another rom, CM6.1 fastboot or something, but now I've the problem that I don't have root acces.

Maybe this was also the problem for the mac address changer.

Greetz,

Hackrunes

Thank you for your reply.

I installed now another rom, CM6.1 fastboot or something, but now I've the problem that I don't have root acces.

Maybe this was also the problem for the mac address changer.

Greetz,

Hackrunes

I don't know about the other rom you installed. But if you followed the instructions exactly to install this TXG rom, you definitely already had root access, and SetMAC Address should have worked correctly. However, there are many things that can go wrong if you do not follow the installation instructions precisely.

Also, in what form did you attempt to enter the numbers/letters of your MAC address? From where did you get your correct MAC address? Do you really even need that feature anyway? (Most people do not need to have the correct MAC address, but a few do, due to the requirements of their Wifi access system.)

Since you are willing to reinstall roms, may I suggest that you start over from the beginning and try to install TXG exactly according to every step of the installation guide. Then, before you do anything else (before you install any other apps, etc.), try to set the MAC address.

Good luck.

Guest Hackrunes

I don't know about the other rom you installed. But if you followed the instructions exactly to install this TXG rom, you definitely already had root access, and SetMAC Address should have worked correctly. However, there are many things that can go wrong if you do not follow the installation instructions precisely.

Also, in what form did you attempt to enter the numbers/letters of your MAC address? From where did you get your correct MAC address? Do you really even need that feature anyway? (Most people do not need to have the correct MAC address, but a few do, due to the requirements of their Wifi access system.)

Since you are willing to reinstall roms, may I suggest that you start over from the beginning and try to install TXG exactly according to every step of the installation guide. Then, before you do anything else (before you install any other apps, etc.), try to set the MAC address.

Good luck.

Thank you twrock,

Oke, I'm also not very sure about the 'root acces' because I can't find it anywhere on the internet. But, I know, when I'm going to Terminal Emulator, and type 'su', I get an error with permission denied.

Now, about the set MAC address app, when I'm clicking on the icon, the program starts and directly I get a message with I posted before. Then I can type in everything in the textfields, but I can't click on the button proceed (or something).

I need it because I could not connect with my router. He was assiging a IP-address, and then it stucks. So I thought, it was the MAC address.

I fully start over, but with no result. The phone was every 4minutes rebooting, and I had, (again) no root acces.

I've now installed the official UK 2010 update from T-Mobile, and I think I just keep this one for a while.

Thanks for you support, and maybe see you again.

Greetz Hackrunes

Thank you twrock,

Oke, I'm also not very sure about the 'root acces' because I can't find it anywhere on the internet. But, I know, when I'm going to Terminal Emulator, and type 'su', I get an error with permission denied.

Now, about the set MAC address app, when I'm clicking on the icon, the program starts and directly I get a message with I posted before. Then I can type in everything in the textfields, but I can't click on the button proceed (or something).

I need it because I could not connect with my router. He was assiging a IP-address, and then it stucks. So I thought, it was the MAC address.

I fully start over, but with no result. The phone was every 4minutes rebooting, and I had, (again) no root acces.

I've now installed the official UK 2010 update from T-Mobile, and I think I just keep this one for a while.

Thanks for you support, and maybe see you again.

Greetz Hackrunes

From everything you are describing here and over in the "CM6.1 Ultrafast" discussion, I believe that you are still not following all of the installation instructions precisely as they are written. That is the only conclusion I can make from your description of the problems you are having after installation. Otherwise you would not be seeing the same kinds of problems with these two different roms.

When you see "permission denied" errors, it means something was not correct during the installation of the rom. This rom has root built in, and it has Superuser built in to manage requests for root access by applications such as Terminal and SetMAC Address.

Here are a few more questions for you to consider:

1. Are you absolutely sure you have installed the UK2010 update, not the UK2011 update? (Did you download it from the link I gave in the first post of this discussion?) Another option is to install the Tre update. That is the one I use.

2. How did you partition your SD card? I ask, because if you have an ext2 partition for applications to be installed onto the SD card, there might still be some applications installed there that are interfering with this rom installation. Specifically, if you have an old copy of Superuser installed on the SD card's ext2 partition, it will interfere with the Superuser installed in this rom already. This problem should be solved by doing what I ask in #3.

3. Did you do a complete wipe/factory reset with Clockwork Recovery before attempting to install this rom? The standard Recovery from Huawei will not clear out the ext2 partition. You must use Clockwork Recovery.

That is all I can think of at the moment. Good luck.

twrock,

when I was playing with CM6 roms, I had the impression that using wpa_supplicant (system/bin) of CM7.2 rom reduces wifi reconnection bug. Have you ever tried that with your rom?

twrock,

when I was playing with CM6 roms, I had the impression that using wpa_supplicant (system/bin) of CM7.2 rom reduces wifi reconnection bug. Have you ever tried that with your rom?

No I haven't tried that. Since Blade Wifi Fix is a reasonable workaround, I left it at that.

But I will say that in my testing of Pier's CM7.2 rom, it has a reconnection bug that Blade Wifi Fix doesn't solve. So I'm not so sure about using parts of that rom to fix this one. But I suppose anything is worth a try. ;)

The wifi issue in that rom might be caused by kernel .32 - cm6 has pulse kernel.

Totally off topic, but funny nonetheless. (At least to me it's funny.)

My Ubuntu 10.10 just updated to Linux kernel 2.6.35-32 today, and guess what? After reboot, my Wifi was dead. I had to revert to 2.6.35-31 to get it working again. :lol: