[FAQ] Rooting for beginners. [UPDATED 24-02-13]

Guest Wacky.ddw

• 3 weeks later...
Guest poludeli_kaktus

Helou

I`m using medion life p4310 aka Zte Skate on stock rom GB_GER_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B06 with custom kernel. Custom kernel don`t support OC governor smartass and smartassV2. My question is where I can find custom kernel supporting that 2 governors. I dont like to use custom rom`s becouse on ice armor i had a problems with wifi, and on mokee problem is overheating on charging. Thank`s in advance

Guest razzmataz1478
Helou

I`m using medion life p4310 aka Zte Skate on stock rom GB_GER_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B06 with custom kernel. Custom kernel don`t support OC governor smartass and smartassV2. My question is where I can find custom kernel supporting that 2 governors. I dont like to use custom rom`s becouse on ice armor i had a problems with wifi, and on mokee problem is overheating on charging. Thank`s in advance

Take the boot.img from SKatie zip. Download the sdk platform tools and

fastboot flash boot boot.img [/code]

Not as simple as that. SKatie kernel expects sysinit support (init.d scripts support) and while booting it waits for

"filesystem ready" flag to be set with the last init.d script - 99complete before starting services.

Since stock rom doesn't have init.d support, this flag will be never be set and thus boot will be stucked in endless loop.

Helou

What about trying Android 2.3.5 custom roms? They're all based on stock rom and fully working.

You can e.g. start with SKatie which has also 2 governors you're looking for http://android.modac...-now-available/

Then you also have Swedish Snow (support smartass V1 and V2, too), H3 Blues, AtomicMod (although I am not sure what governors these two support). Anyway, you better go through them all to find one that suits you best.

Edited by C3C0

Guest poludeli_kaktus

Take the boot.img from SKatie zip. Download the sdk platform tools and

fastboot flash boot boot.img [/code]

Tnx for idea but like C3C0 said endless loop is in that case.

Guest poludeli_kaktus

What about trying Android 2.3.5 custom roms? They're all based on stock rom and fully working.

You can e.g. start with SKatie which has also 2 governors you're looking for http://android.modac...-now-available/

Then you also have Swedish Snow (support smartass V1 and V2, too), H3 Blues, AtomicMod (although I am not sure what governors these two support). Anyway, you better go through them all to find one that suits you best.

I start with Skatie and update with kitchen, well good. Now using Mokee and having problems with battery draining and mms. Tried several times but battery still draining and i canot find what is problem, i tried cleaning cash, dalvik kash, clean battery stats... almost everything i know. on original medion life 2.3.5 rom with custom kernel everything is ok and battery working 2 days in everyday use (about 10 sms, 30 min talk, some wifi) without any problems. So i still searching for custom non cm kernel supporting smartass v2 becouse i love to play some games wich need more proccesor power. If you or somebody else have any idea how i can get kernel like that please post. thanks in advance

Edited by poludeli_kaktus

You don't need SmartassV2 for playing games :)

Performance governor is better in this case because it doesn't scale frequency but keeps it at max ;)

But be aware that performance governor will drain your battery fast (sice CPU is always at max)

Edited by C3C0

Guest poludeli_kaktus

You don't need SmartassV2 for playing games :)

Performance governor is better in this case because it doesn't scale frequency but keeps it at max ;)

But be aware that performance governor will drain your battery fast (sice CPU is always at max)

well you quite right :) but smartass is for everyday use for some apps like igo (faster&better starting, working).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wietstock

Hey,

I successfully rooted my zte skate with this tutorial, thank you!

Now I have the problem with the wifi error and can't use my wifi any more.

I would like to stay on a stock rom for another while, so what are my options?

Installing a stock image? Best trough CWM and install mod and then choose the stock rom image?

Or should I use ADB flashing?

Will my phone still be rooted when I install the stock image?

Or should I consider installing a mod?

Thanks in advance!

If you backed up your stock rom in CWM the just use CWM to advance restore your stock boot.img

(Backup& Restore / Advanced restore / Restore boot.img)

Root will remain preserved.

Guest wietstock

I made a back-up after I rooted my phone, so I only have the stock rom that is available for my model through this forum.

Was it an option to make a back-up after I installed CWM (and before the install 2.3.5 ...... file)? If so, my fault.

So installing the stock rom through CWM is the best option then for me? (If I want to keep using stock)?

Thanks

Guest wietstock

Thank you for all the help.

So flashing the boot.img from the stock rom would be sufficient.

I'm pretty new at this, so sorry for al the questions, but wich is the best way to do this?

Can I do this through CMW, and how then?

Or do I use ADB en then select 'flash file/rom to phone' and choose the boot.img from the stock rom?

No need to wipe caches beforte doing this?

Sincerly

You can do it using fastboot.

You can use the same package that you used to flash CWM - you will find adb.exe and fastboot.exe there.

Then you just use command prompt:

$ adb reboot bootloader

$ fastboot flash boot boot.img (where boot.img is your stock boot.img file)

$ fastboot reboot

no need to do wipes.

FYI. apparently the engineers left a root backdoor in the Skate and Score

http://www.androidauthority.com/zte-score-m-zte-skate-root-backdoor-found-85445/

Thanks to an
, details have now emerged that the device has a setuid-root binary (a program that runs with root privileges) in /system/bin/sync_agent that serves no function other than to provide a root shell backdoor. If you know the hard-coded password (ztex1609523) then you get unlimited root access to the phone

• 1 month later...
Guest almera8

Do you need this file?

http://dl.dropbox.co...date_signed.zip

Hello Ilsang, when you follow the links mentioned by the guy who posted this on youtube, you will get the next file

http://i.minus.com/1...ackge_CWMv5.rar

which downloads fine for me.

Here you go;

http://dl.dropbox.co...ackge_CWMv5.rar

Edited by almera8