Gingeroonay Freeze at 1.5 ghz

Guest sjaakiespeelman

Guest sjaakiespeelman

Hi all,

my phone freezes when i put it on 1.5 ghz using set cpu..

i have gingeroonay 3.1 installed... anyone know's how to fix this ? or should i use technolovers kernal, is that an option? and does that save power, or is the kernel from gingeroonay also undervolted.. or does that mean something else..

Thnx in advance

Stop Overclocking it to 1.5GHz.

I do quote.

1.5 is WAY too much for an 800 mhz processor.

Stop doing it or:

A) you'll be cooking eggs on it

B) you could try doing it but you have to move to anctartica

Hi all,

my phone freezes when i put it on 1.5 ghz using set cpu..

i have gingeroonay 3.1 installed... anyone know's how to fix this ? or should i use technolovers kernal, is that an option? and does that save power, or is the kernel from gingeroonay also undervolted.. or does that mean something else..

Thnx in advance

Don't do this, you are compromising the life of your metal.

If you want stability on your gingerounay rom, fast speeds, and low voltage => low battery drain, i recommend you this version of Technolover kernel (tested by me and running well on my handset)

http://android.modac...attach_id=77127

For me it's running smoothly using smartassV2 governor, with 360 MHZ minimum and 1024MHZ Max.

Edited by racoq

Guest chemicalbuz

i try to keep for 3 hours 1600mhz with navigon as navigator (screen always on), it doesn't heat at all and doesn't have any freezing issue, but i used about 65% of battery (from 100% to 35%)...maybe you are unlucky and your cpu isn't "first class" cpu...anyway i keep it always 800mhz, at least if i need more power i set it temporanely to 1200...just not oc to 1500-1600 if you have problems

Guest sjaakiespeelman

Don't do this, you are compromising the life of your metal.

If you want stability on your gingerounay rom, fast speeds, and low voltage => low battery drain, i recommend you this version of Technolover kernel (tested by me and running well on my handset)

http://android.modac...attach_id=77127

For me it's running smoothly using smartassV2 governor, with 360 MHZ minimum and 1024MHZ Max.

- Your handset, you mean your liquid metal !? :P

- How long does your battery last?

- Can i just flash that attachement? > recovery > flash from zip.. or..? ?

- Do you use set cpu?!

- I now put it just on 1017 Mhz, battery last for like.. guess like 16 hours or so.. enough for my whole day routine :P but if your's last longer, i'll try that..

- is it the 5 or 1 % battery step version?

Thnx in advance

Edited by sjaakiespeelman

Guest chemicalbuz

- Your handset, you mean your liquid metal !? :P

- How long does your battery last?

- Can i just flash that attachement? > recovery > flash from zip.. or..? ?

- Do you use set cpu?!

- I now put it just on 1017 Mhz, battery last for like.. guess like 16 hours or so.. enough for my whole day routine :P but if your's last longer, i'll try that..

- is it the 5 or 1 % battery step version?

Thnx in advance

lagfree 120-800 about 2 days battery life with normal use ;)

1- Your handset, you mean your liquid metal !? :P

2- How long does your battery last?

3- Can i just flash that attachement? > recovery > flash from zip.. or..? ?

4- Do you use set cpu?!

5- is it the 5 or 1 % battery step version?

Thnx in advance

1- yes of course

2- Can't answer accurately to your question, because it all depends of your usage. I don't have a data plan (3g) so i rely on sporadic wifi connections. With normal usage it can last me 3 days without a problem. But, your mileage may vary.

3- yes flash it through recovery as you said.

4- Yes i use setCPU

5- I don't know exactly which step version is and didn't care when i flashed it ( my guess is that probably its 5% since i don't see the battery updating differently from 5% decrements).

I just flashed that zip (which is appropriate to gingerounay) and used the default, Then i only configured the frequencies as i referred previously.

Edited by racoq

Guest sjaakiespeelman

So thats better than the normal kernel which is installed at the gingeroonay, or will the results be allmost the same?

1- yes of course

2- Can't answer accurately to your question, because it all depends of your usage. I don't have a data plan (3g) so i rely on sporadic wifi connections. With normal usage it can last me 3 days without a problem. But, your mileage may vary.

3- yes flash it through recovery as you said.

4- Yes i use setCPU

5- I don't know exactly which step version is and didn't care when i flashed it ( my guess is that probably its 5% since i don't see the battery updating differently from 5% decrements).

I just flashed that zip (which is appropriate to gingerounay) and used the default, Then i only configured the frequencies as i referred previously.

So gingeroonay with this kernel gives me a longer lasting battery and better performances?

anyone?

It's difficult to say because there are too many variables IMO. For example, all of our batteries are different ages so they've been charged for varying times, we all use our phone differently i.e. some use it for a lot of Browsing other use it for Gaming etc.

So in all, it might be better for some and worse for others. The best way is probably to do a Nandroid of your ROM as it is and then flash the Kernel, then use it for a few days and see for yourself.

Guest sjaakiespeelman

Lol so i just made a nandroid backup.. rebooted, and it doesn't start up.. screen shuts off after 30 sec of animation.. hmpfff

tried restoring.. doesn't work

- got it now.. reset to factory settings.. lost some apps.. listed in gingeroonay rom but that shouldn't be a problem..

- also made nandroid backup again.

- so you mean i can get the normal "kernel " back by restoring my nandroid backup right?

It's difficult to say because there are too many variables IMO. For example, all of our batteries are different ages so they've been charged for varying times, we all use our phone differently i.e. some use it for a lot of Browsing other use it for Gaming etc.

So in all, it might be better for some and worse for others. The best way is probably to do a Nandroid of your ROM as it is and then flash the Kernel, then use it for a few days and see for yourself.