CM6.1 UltraFast - Custom tweaked Android 2.2 ROM

Guest Domica

Guest samnang

To be on the safe side, exDialer and Youni SMS will go on /data/app on the next v0.5 and some other will move to /system/app...

Thanks for testing... biggrin.gif

Yes i guess so. for Radio i couldn't find any Radio icon in V4!

Anyway, why u don't make U8230 with MIUI rom? Sorry if i make mistake with this question. :)

Yes i guess so. for Radio i couldn't find any Radio icon in V4!

Anyway, why u don't make U8230 with MIUI rom? Sorry if i make mistake with this question. :)

Radio icon? You mean FM radio?

I wish that MIUI is that simple... ohmy.gif But it deserves a look...

Hey man, nice work, the launcher is beautiful. Im having the same problem as samnang, Dialer and Youni SMS are having forced closes all the time. I really didn't understand if you found a solution to this problem.

Thanks

Hey man, nice work, the launcher is beautiful. Im having the same problem as samnang, Dialer and Youni SMS are having forced closes all the time. I really didn't understand if you found a solution to this problem.

Thanks

I just tried with V0.3, boots fine, but almost every app seems to crash.

I just tried with V0.3, boots fine, but almost every app seems to crash.

Dialer and Youni SMS will be moved to /data/app tomorrow...

As noted in the first post, after install (if a2sd not installed) necessary is to open Link2sd and batch move apps to sd-ext, it will stop FCs.

Dialer and Youni SMS will be moved to /data/app tomorrow...

As noted in the first post, after install (if a2sd not installed) necessary is to open Link2sd and batch move apps to sd-ext, it will stop FCs.

Ok man, i'll wait for tomorrow's release. You really made an impressive work with the visual part (loader, etc), it looks fantastic!

Thanks a lot!!

Guest samnang

Dialer and Youni possibly are making problems due to location ond /system/app, try to update exDialer and give information does the problem persist.

No signal? Radio not working (calls, data,....), or...?

I'm confusing now! so, what do u mean with Radio?

Radio icon? You mean FM radio?

I wish that MIUI is that simple... ohmy.gif But it deserves a look...

Hope i can try MIUI! :unsure:

Radio meaning call service, 2g / 3g network and stuff...

Just wondering, did you fully change the phone apk with another dialer (contacts too)?

No, the dialer/contacts are coexistent with Phone.apk on /syste/app (still in testing...)

Main apps for calls, radio and contacts are Telephonyprovider.apk and Contactsprovider.apk as a base for calls and data.

The problem here is (as noted on the first page) build.prop test tweak, to be on the safeside an alternative build.prop (from previous versions) can easily be pushed on /system and the problems will be gone. wink.gif

Guest samnang

Radio meaning call service, 2g / 3g network and stuff...

Just wondering, did you fully change the phone apk with another dialer (contacts too)?

Oops! :lol: Thanks you D-D- and Domica

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hackrunes

Hi,

I installed this ROM and it runs super, but I have a problem.

I dont have root acces.

When I go to terminal or something like that, and I type "su", I get a error: "Permission denied".

I also cant move any apps, because Link2SD needs root acces.

WIFI is also not working. (MAC Address is not the right one), but I cant set up a new one, and can't install set MAC Address app. (I also think because the root acces).

Maybe someone can help me?

I've tried several things, but with no result.

Greetz,

Hackrunes

Hi,

I installed this ROM and it runs super, but I have a problem.

I dont have root acces.

When I go to terminal or something like that, and I type "su", I get a error: "Permission denied".

I also cant move any apps, because Link2SD needs root acces.

WIFI is also not working. (MAC Address is not the right one), but I cant set up a new one, and can't install set MAC Address app. (I also think because the root acces).

Maybe someone can help me?

I've tried several things, but with no result.

Greetz,

Hackrunes

Can you tell me can you start Superuser app?

According to what you wrote it could be related to problems for ROM install on /system partition part. Did you do wipe data/factory reset from recovery before ROM change (if coming from another ROM)?

Guest Hackrunes

/** edit **/

I reinstalled the ROM now, but its still saying permission denied.

I also installed v03 and that works more than this version. I could call and recieve messages, now I cant, because dialer keeps freezing.

Greetz,

/** **/

Hi Domica,

Thank you for your fast reply.

Yes, I can start Superuser app without any errors, but there's nothing in the list of programs, or logs.

I had already changed the settings to allow, but this didn't help.

I reinstal now the ROM again, but this time I also select 'format /system' in recovery.

Greetz,

Hackrunes

ps, I'm Dutch :rolleyes:

Can you tell me can you start Superuser app?

According to what you wrote it could be related to problems for ROM install on /system partition part. Did you do wipe data/factory reset from recovery before ROM change (if coming from another ROM)?

Edited by Hackrunes

/** edit **/

I reinstalled the ROM now, but its still saying permission denied.

I also installed v03 and that works more than this version. I could call and recieve messages, now I cant, because dialer keeps freezing.

Greetz,

/** **/

Hi Domica,

Thank you for your fast reply.

Yes, I can start Superuser app without any errors, but there's nothing in the list of programs, or logs.

I had already changed the settings to allow, but this didn't help.

I reinstal now the ROM again, but this time I also select 'format /system' in recovery.

Greetz,

Hackrunes

ps, I'm Dutch :rolleyes:

Have you regained root?

I have already zipped two 0.5 versions (which use less system space (just to be sure cause this could also be problem) and relocated apps system->data).

What is your ROM basis (UK,TRE,...)?

Guest Hackrunes

Have you regained root?

I have already zipped two 0.5 versions (which use less system space (just to be sure cause this could also be problem) and relocated apps system->data).

What is your ROM basis (UK,TRE,...)?

Hi Domica,

I don't understand what you mean with 'regained root'?

I translated it with google, but thats says: 'weather', so I don't think thats what you ment.

My ROM basis is the UK 2010 update from T-Mobile.

Now, I'm running just the original update from T-Mobile till this ROM fully works.

Thanks, and greetz,

Hackrunes

Edited by Hackrunes

Hi Domica,

I don't understand what you mean with 'regained root'?

I translated it with google, but thats says: 'weather', so I don't think thats what you ment.

My ROM basis is the UK 2010 update from T-Mobile.

Now, I'm running just the original update from T-Mobile till this ROM fully works.

Thanks, and greetz,

Hackrunes

Really strange problem, recommended wipe all and install from start. Is the phone also UK based T-Mobile?

Hi,

The download is now blocked on megadownload by the FBI. Is there an alternative site?

On first page/first post there is a main link on multiupload...

Guest skycatcher

Apologies Domica - I'm a mug ! I never scrolled down the page blush.gif - now downloading many thanks

On first page/first post there is a main link on multiupload...

Guest skycatcher

Installed it today - love it ! But go keyboard was a disaster couldn't get it to work so installed another and removed it - love your rom though -many thanks

Apologies Domica - I'm a mug ! I never scrolled down the page blush.gif - now downloading many thanks

Installed it today - love it ! But go keyboard was a disaster couldn't get it to work so installed another and removed it - love your rom though -many thanks

I presume that the problem with GO keyboard was FC's, to resolve it use Link2SD and move to sd-ext.

Guest skycatcher

No i wasnt getting fcs it was stuck in a loop - when you needed a keyboard it started at a welcome screen (christmas scene) asking if you wanted tutorial or to skip - if you skipped it would popup a keyboard for about 5 seconds then disappear. if you went through tutorial it would do the same - i just gave up on it....

I presume that the problem with GO keyboard was FC's, to resolve it use Link2SD and move to sd-ext.

No i wasnt getting fcs it was stuck in a loop - when you needed a keyboard it started at a welcome screen (christmas scene) asking if you wanted tutorial or to skip - if you skipped it would popup a keyboard for about 5 seconds then disappear. if you went through tutorial it would do the same - i just gave up on it....

Seems like possible free space problems... Will check occupied space for new ROM update to prevent it. cool.gif

thought id try this too but getting loads of fc with youni sms/ dialer/ go keyboard/ they just keep FC' all the time, couldnt sign in to my gmail account cause of go keyboard all three app keep fc randomly and frequent :(

any help out there?

Edited by twics

thought id try this too but getting loads of fc with youni sms/ dialer/ go keyboard/ they just keep FC' all the time, couldnt sign in to my gmail account cause of go keyboard all three app keep fc randomly and frequent :(

any help out there?

After first start (after ROM settle) just run Link2SD and move apps to /sd-ext. That resolves FC's.