Just ordered my Eee Pad Transformer

Guest Squire_Au

Guest Squire_Au

Hi. I'm new to this forum, but not new to Modaco as a whole, as I have an Advent Vega clone. I'm replacing it with a Transformer (without the docking station) as I mainly use my Vega for portable video - and the screen has major problems with viewing angles. Also, the bluetooth drops out every 30 seconds or so for a second, so watching video on my Vega while using bluetooth headphones is not so good. I know it's not the headphones - my 3 year old Nokia classic cellphone drives them perfectly.

The only whinge I have about the Transformer is lack of a USB socket - although adaptors should be appearing on Ebay soon. I hope the Transformer is every bit as good as the hype. I don't expect it to have any more processing power than the Vega, but I do expect the screen quality and bluetooth to be better.

For now, watching video will have to use my micro SD card. I guess I could get the keyboard/dock to get a USB socket, but I'll wait and see.

Is there a car charger available for the Transformer? When I go camping I use a big 12V deep cycle battery to power my light and my tech. I can use an inverter to supply the charger of the Transformer, but a car charger would be more efficient.

See you soon. I'll keep you posted.

PW

Guest Flumpster

Where are you mainly watching the videos?

If it is in the house then what I do is stream them straight from the computer to it. You just set up shares on computer and then mount them using cifs manager. If cifs manager is a little confusing for you then ES File explorer can access shares directly.

I then just keep a few films/episodes on my sd card for when I am out and about.

There are plenty of car chargers available for the Transformer.. just google "asus transformer car charger". Here's 2 UK ones.

http://www.satnav-accessories.co.uk/asus-transformer-car-charger.html

http://www.the-internet-shop.co.uk/asus-transformer/73228-asus-transformer-12v-24v-car-charger.html

Guest Squire_Au

Flumpster, I use the tablet for watching video when I'm out camping. There's no internet or wifi access there.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit at home on my desktop, and It streams happily via DLNA to my Vega, I'm assuming the Transformer will have no problems with that. I don't use CIFS manager, I'll give it a try when the Transformer arrives.

But I'm not buying it to watch video at home. I have a DLNA TV for that. But... connecting the Transformer via HDMI to my TV would be nice for watching HD, assuming it's capable. And I get a HDMI adapter cable. Getting a remote to work with a tablet is a pain, I'll see if I can get wiimote working.

We'll see how it goes when the Transformer arrives. Should be good.

PW