TripNiCE - Ice Cream Sandwich Discussion Thread | Latest - TR001B

Guest Arz Bhatia

I wouldn't release your source either Trip, it's your work and time, you do whatever you want with it as I'm sure you will.

I'd rather not see 5000 duplicate roms showing up everywhere with little tinkered bits here and there.

The new VirtuSuperRom 5000 AOSP 4.0.9 with Beats included and Google Maps removed !!!

This is a very serious matter and no matter who the fudge are you or what you do this will never exclude you.

If it's the KERNEL source that we are talking about or any sort of code used by the user from other proprietary code or other users code that is written under the Gnu General Public License then it's LEGALLY BINDING. Meaning you MUST release the modified code of that initial source code.

I personally have no interest in your kernel however if someone else asks for your kernel then you HAVE to release it, if you wish not too then I'm sure there will be plenty of people(including my self) that will report this to http://gpl-violations.org/ and Paul O'Brien himself since he is the owner of this public domain where this is happening.

/Just Saying...

Guest gbzbar

This is a very serious matter and no matter who the fudge are you or what you do this will never exclude you.

If it's the KERNEL source that we are talking about or any sort of code used by the user from other proprietary code or other users code that is written under the Gnu General Public License then it's LEGALLY BINDING. Meaning you MUST release the modified code of that initial source code.

I personally have no interest in your kernel however if someone else asks for your kernel then you HAVE to release it, if you wish not too then I'm sure there will be plenty of people(including my self) that will report this to http://gpl-violations.org/ and Paul O'Brien himself since he is the owner of this public domain where this is happening.

/Just Saying...

Check out the OP. Kernel source is linked there. People here are talking about the ROM source, libs, etc.

Edited by gbzbar

Guest phillthorpe1

/Just Saying...

Before you go making acusations, you should at least check to see if you are correct. Otherwise you

end up looking like a horses ass. No offence intended.

Before you go making acusations, you should at least check to see if you are correct. Otherwise you

end up looking like a horses ass. No offence intended.

I think you misunderstood the meaning of my post, I was not acusing anyone of anything. I'm simply stating the grounds that people have when they ask someone for open source code in other words if the code doesn't follow what I said you can't "demand" for it and in terms of the violation that just goes with anyone that would violate the code this was more directed towards the users that are asking rather than Trip.

and I don't really care what he releases and doesn't but if ANYONE violates the GPL then they just be prepared to face the consequences whether it's Trip or Cyanogen him self. Also there is SOME libraries that are open such as the MSM8260 code and the other framework stuff from Cyanogenmod.

Guest phillthorpe1

/Just Saying...

What I was referring to was when you stated, and I quote:

"I personally have no interest in your kernel however if someone else asks for your kernel then you HAVE to release it, if you wish not too then I'm sure there will be plenty of people(including my self) that will report this to http://gpl-violations.org/ and Paul O'Brien himself since he is the owner of this public domain where this is happening. "

The link to the kernel source code is on the first post of the first page of this thread. So I

dont know why anyone is even bringing the subject up.

Guest SlasherX

What I was referring to was when you stated, and I quote:

"I personally have no interest in your kernel however if someone else asks for your kernel then you HAVE to release it, if you wish not too then I'm sure there will be plenty of people(including my self) that will report this to http://gpl-violations.org/ and Paul O'Brien himself since he is the owner of this public domain where this is happening. "

You know that time when people like to use big words to sound big? Yeah thats it...

Anyway, all this is extremely unconstructive and I bet a bunch of ppl here are from a 'certain' website who cant stand Trip doing what he does without a piece of the cake.. especially after seeing such a far progress in AOSP that isnt senseless, nonesense... no pun intended

Edited by SlasherX

Guest phillthorpe1

You know that time when people like to use big words to sound big? Yeah thats it... I agree with you otherwise.

Anyway, all this is extremely unconstructive and I bet a bunch of ppl here are from a 'certain' website who cant stand Trip doing what he does without a piece of the cake.. especially after seeing such a far progress in AOSP that isnt senseless, nonesense... no pun intended

ummm, which big word did i use?

Guest SlasherX

ummm, which big word did i use?

sorry for my bad explanation...I meant the other post, the reason why he was bringing up the topic of the kernel and the gpl violations and him trying to get a stance by ushering out big words of violations, reporting and informing us who the owner is... I agree there is no point in brining up this topic.

Edited by SlasherX

Guest Alphawolf36

I just flashed the new firmware package, whole package. And i have been running Ultimate rom for last couple weeks. I will say scrolling has greatly improved. It gave me the new radio as well, which is stable but i have not seen any different speeds. One thing is that with new firmware, is does not require me to unmount and remount sdcard after a reboot. It used to not register my card on this rom and now it works fine. I am no dev but it does feel more stable then before. I havnt tried any other rom because i wanted to see differences with one i had been using for a while before trying something else that might have giving fixes rather then firmwares.

Guest Zehlek

Besides smoothness and speed, what: improvements and/or features does 4.0.3 have that 4.0.1 doesn't? I so hope Trip's update will be ready soon. I am so looking forward to it

Edited by Zehlek

Besides smoothness and speed, what: improvements and/or features does 4.0.3 have that 4.0.1 doesn't? I so hope Trip's update will be ready soon. I am so looking forward to it

what improvements does stock 4.0.3 from Google have over 4.0.1, do you know that? :)

latest HTC leak is the smoothest EVER Sense rom i've ever seen from HTC out of the box...it's amazing quick, universes apart from the original leak.

camera seems to record 1080p @ 15mbps in MP4 format out of the box too.

Edited by 0ice

Guest phillthorpe1

Yes its 1000% faster and I havent noticed a bug yet.

Also on the status bar the graphics is rendering properly !

im really looking forward to flash trips rom!

Guest KinGDaViD63

dont know if it helps any.. god i hope so... but theres a new base on xda... 4.0.3 alot and i mean alot better than the last leak... keep at it trip... thanks bro

Guest KinGDaViD63

Sense was ahead of its time when it first come out. But Sense is showing its age now and simply cannot complete with the new ICS UI. Google just announced that all manufacturers will have to use the ICS Holo theme on new devices. Hopefully HTC will stop pushing Sense on ICS for current devices.

Sent from my MIUI.us Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

they dont mean the whole theme... just the setup the base has to be implemented... trust me bro sense aint going nowhere.... aosp aint for everyone.. i for one like having options... and to me a sense based phone hence sensation is the best way to go.. we got sense and aosp... only aosp phones rarely ever seee sense... and to me touchwiz just aint a damn factor..

Guest dvandit

how do i maky my phone recognize sd card, i go to galary and tehre is no old files, i used to have 10 albums , anybody know any fix for that.

p.s. camara working great,panorama doesnt work, regular pic work, video work, great job, some nice improvements

Guest phillthorpe1

how do i maky my phone recognize sd card, i go to galary and tehre is no old files, i used to have 10 albums , anybody know any fix for that.

p.s. camara working great,panorama doesnt work, regular pic work, video work, great job, some nice improvements

yes that happened to me on this rom and also two other roms that I tried.

On one rom(cant remember which one) after installing the rom,

you have to open gallery then exit gallery and wait 5 minutes.

After that you go to gallery and all your photos are there. I

think I done the same with music player.

It is weird how this problem only happens to some people.

Hello everyone :D

I had problems with Facebook and Gmail on this ROM...

Here's screenshots of my problems :

880301Screenshot20120108122529.png164131Screenshot20120108122553.png

On Facebook I can't see any text... And on Gmail, messages are cut !

Anyone have this problem too ? A solution to solve it ?

HTC Sensation

Hboot : 1.17

Kernel : Comming with TriNice

ROM : TripNice REVISED 001

Radio : 10.56.9035.00P_10.14.9035.01_M

I did a fresh install (Full Wipe, Flash the ROM, don't touch anything on the ROM before rebooting one time etc.), I try to "fix permissions" in recovery, and after a Dalvik-cache wipe and a cache wipe, it doesn't change anything...

Oh ! I don't know if it's a known bug or not but I can't synchronise my facebook friends with my contacts !

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Edited by Guest

Guest SlasherX

For the first time ever I can say I am happy with the performance of Sense on the leaked RUU 4.0.3...the speed is insane!!! Especially after flashing the 1.5ghz kernel.

So that said...I hope Trip's new rom will be just as fast and responsive.

Guest SlasherX

Hello everyone :D

I had problems with Facebook and Gmail on this ROM...

On Facebook I can't see any text... And on Gmail, messages are cut !

Anyone have this problem too ? A solution to solve it ?

Oh ! I don't know if it's a known bug or not but I can't synchronise my facebook friends with my contacts !

Yes it's a known bug and before you get shouted at (like what happened for me) for not reading the threads, install font changer *root* and install the roboto font from the list, that will fix your facebook. For the email it's been worked on still, should be fixed with next release.

Edited by Arz Bhatia

@SlasherX : Thanks :) Replacing the fonts worked for me ! But I don't see anywhere a FAQ or a Known Bugs list...

French dictionary doesn't work too x)

If you can give me the link to the FAQ (Is there is one) so I will not post uselessly :P