[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Guest davidnintendo

I can't test it but I think hardware acceleration with video is what's broken, meaning that playing pretty much every video will lead to FC or reboot. Maybe someone using the ROM can test it.

Im currently running Fish'N'Chips RLS2 and it's running flawlessy but i'm wondering if i should flash this ROM. But i have one concern.

Is it the YouTube app that isn't working? Because if it's the YouTube app that isn't working, then you could go to the mobile version of YouTube, in a web browser, ey?

Just tested it. Youtube doesn't work. Not even at the mobile site. video laggs heavyly :(

So i guess TomG has a lot of work to do?

Since It's an alpha version yes. As soon as the video playback becomes smooth, then we'll have youtube too. Every video laggs. I'm using it for about 1 day now, and It's great! I love it! I miss youtube, but hey, my PC is on :D

Guest bangkang

Since It's an alpha version yes. As soon as the video playback becomes smooth, then we'll have youtube too. Every video laggs. I'm using it for about 1 day now, and It's great! I love it! I miss youtube, but hey, my PC is on :D

Okay, this ROM seems to be nice. Can someone post some screenshots before i flash it? :D

Guest hankhandsome

i had to restart wi-fi..now it works great! DSP manager also works fine here :/ did you format system and boot in recovery after cache and data wipe?

yeah, did the full wipes and everything. stuff it, i'll try again :)

Okay, this ROM seems to be nice. Can someone post some screenshots before i flash it? :D

I'll upload screens as soon as my brother stops playing Battlefield :D

Edit: Uploaded some screen, check the first post :)

Edited by Zunex

Guest NonameXx

I have trouble with the wifi, its always turning of immediately when i turn on, and i wiped almost everything. Whats the problem?

Edited by NonameXx

Guest hankhandsome

i had to restart wi-fi..now it works great! DSP manager also works fine here :/ did you format system and boot in recovery after cache and data wipe?

did you do anything specific for DSP Manager and WiFi ??

I've just reflashed and DSP Manager still FC's. WiFi also still drops out until i manually turn it off and on.

did you do anything specific for DSP Manager and WiFi ??

I've just reflashed and DSP Manager still FC's. WiFi also still drops out until i manually turn it off and on.

I didn't do anything. DSP manager works. The only thing I did with the WI-FI is that I turned it of and back on.

Guest Kamikaze.

Wow, I was JUST wondering when will ICS for Blade come, and bow I saw this. I'm so excited, maybe trying it tomorrow. And how do I check my system partition size(and how to change it if its not the recommended size?)?

Guest hankhandsome

I didn't do anything. DSP manager works. The only thing I did with the WI-FI is that I turned it of and back on.

It keeps telling me "Unfortunately DSP Manager has stopped" ..

It keeps telling me "Unfortunately DSP Manager has stopped" ..

Sorry I don't know what's the problem :(

Kamikaze

You probably have stock partition size then. There is a link to an update guide in the first post! Check it!

Edited by Zunex

FM radio is working?

I installed MIUI FM radio by andorko, haven't seen the UI or it stopped unexpectedly, I didn't have other FM app available so I haven't tried.

Gallery homevideo (VGA resolution) playing was working, but it was locked in portrait mode even when you turn phone in landscape. Also it was not in full speed, it think it was more like 2 or 3 fps.

Guys come on now how u dont know your partition size ? remember what u flashed last time ?which TPT ?what u did ? you must know ! this questions are being asked over and over again !!!!

@hankhandsome : whats your system partition size ? if its 160mb and u flashed rom and gapps then thats the problem .

Guys this rom needs 210mb system partition size!!

Guest hankhandsome

@hankhandsome : whats your system partition size ? if its 160mb and u flashed rom and gapps then thats the problem .

Guys this rom needs 210mb system partition size!!

That would explain it i guess. I used the TPT image to flash to a 160mb partition, so i guess i'll have to beef it up again then ..

Guest the Mitu

Hello. I installed the alpha 5 on my Blade today. And... I'm really impressed with it. I thought it would work similar to AOSP's current update, and it turns out it works much better then AOSP alpha 17.

What I've noticed:

1. Sound works perfectly. In call, speaker, headphones - there's nothing I could complain about.

2. As for this project stadium performance is nice. It's not ideal yet, but there's no need to turn off animations. What impressed me most are lockscreen animations - they are perfectly smooth and the unlock process is instant - even way faster then in CM7. That's cool!

3. Gallery works for me, but I had some issues at the beginning.

4. As other users report, default browser, multitouch, youtube and camera do not work. Opera mobile does.

5. I had an issue with a voice recording. I tried to install two chromatic guitar tuners. Both of them reported audio device related errors.

6. Wifi works fine, but when turned on the phone first, it did not work properly - network informations were messed up. Worked after a reboot.

7. Boot animation works fine.

8. Autorotation works... but a bit strange. Before it rotates, it turns upside down and then animates. Ends always in the correct position.

9. Angry Birds (Seasons too) works O.o I wouldn't expect it at all, but it does indeed. Performance seems to be a bit worse then on CM7, but still it's a lot.

10. T9 dialer when set to search contacts by name first lags while entering the digits.

11. When I enter the GMail inbox, I cannot read the messages - they won't load.

So... there's a lot work ahead, but it seems to be definitely usable. I'll stay with CM9 at least for Christmas, maybe longer :)

That would explain it i guess. I used the TPT image to flash to a 160mb partition, so i guess i'll have to beef it up again then ..

yes i guess you have 160mb partition.to me is working gallery also now .dsp manager from the begin and wifi also .give another shot ;)

edit :shot with partition 210mb i mean :)

Edited by jeddy1

yes i guess you have 160mb partition.to me is working gallery also now .dsp manager from the begin and wifi also .give another shot ;)

edit :shot with partition 210mb i mean :)

How did you make the gallery work? :)

Guest jonas.lindberg

Wow, I was JUST wondering when will ICS for Blade come, and bow I saw this. I'm so excited, maybe trying it tomorrow. And how do I check my system partition size(and how to change it if its not the recommended size?)?

One way or checking your system partition size is to install Titanium backup, when you start it up you should be able to see your system/data sizes. Only works if you've got root though .