Monte Carlo £89 + £10 airtime

Guest NJPW

Guest trueno2k

Same price as OMC?

Why not get a Galaxy 2?

Is there such a phone as the Galaxy 2 made by Samsung?... AND, I don't think the Galaxy SII would be at that price any time soon, well not for a few years!... :P

Guest dadashi

guys, our omc's can do anything SGS2 or dual core smartphones do, only at half the speed...sort of like an Albatross at a third the price of a dual core :D

with tripple the battery time....I'm on 66% battery after 18 hours of moderate use with wifi, bluetooth music, some news streaming...thumbs up for the arm6 800Mhz cpu :D

I've been playing around with an HTC EVO 3D and it lasted 6 hours with moderate use, just charging up for the second time today. nearly 3 hours for a single charge :o unbelievable for a £300 phone...

dont be put off by comments like from randsomman....unless you've got £300 to burn

Edited by dadashi

Guest Voxpop2011

Is there such a phone as the Galaxy 2 made by Samsung?... AND, I don't think the Galaxy SII would be at that price any time soon, well not for a few years!... :P

Yeah, I think ronc2000 missed the whole point of this thread, ie the now much cheaper OMC and the search for similarly priced units. Whilst the Argos 'fire sale' is over, Orange still has them on display in the shops and on its site for £119 INCLUDING the £10 top up. This is still a good buy when you consider that the OMC was £149 PLUS the top up when I was looking to buy last August.:)

Yeah, I think ronc2000 missed the whole point of this thread, ie the now much cheaper OMC and the search for similarly priced units. Whilst the Argos 'fire sale' is over, Orange still has them on display in the shops and on its site for £119 INCLUDING the £10 top up. This is still a good buy when you consider that the OMC was £149 PLUS the top up when I was looking to buy last August.:)

Hi

Can you give a link where the OMC is available for 119 quid INCLUDING top up?

Guest Voxpop2011

Hi

Can you give a link where the OMC is available for 119 quid INCLUDING top up?

Orange seems to have taken down the link I saw at lunchtime and replaced it with this My link which seems to be an entirely different deal. Your best bet would be to drop into your nearest Orange shop for more information.

Guest dadashi

It's £89.99 again at Argos - here

Choose buy or reserve and you'll see they don't deliver and all the argos shops are sold out...

Argos cleared their large stock of OMC's very quickly for whatever reason...maybe they were hoping for sales similar to Blade last year...they ended up selling it cheaper than the blade

Maybe they'll get another shipment soon....

Guest Jeff 66

Choose buy or reserve and you'll see they don't deliver and all the argos shops are sold out...

I've had a look at a few places, and so far I've found them in stock in Exeter and Harwich.

Guest dadashi

It's a good excuse to drive down to Devon, weathers been bloody good for this time of year :) and off season B&B prices...

Edited by dadashi

If you ask at the argos counter they can remove the 10 pound airtime making it even better value!

rob

Where did they do that for you? I work at Argos and have never heard of this :blink: it comes up as a till bulletin and is mandatory with all Orange handsets sold from Argos <_< (although I'm just miffed you got the phone for less :D)

Guest jeannot18

Where did they do that for you? I work at Argos and have never heard of this :blink: it comes up as a till bulletin and is mandatory with all Orange handsets sold from Argos dry.gif (although I'm just miffed you got the phone for less :D)

I bought 3 of them from Argos, everytime I have told them that I did not want the £10 airtime voucher, but they told me that it was compulsory to buy it.

JC

Edited by jeannot18

Guest trueno2k

I bought 3 of them from Argos, everytime I have told them that I did not want the £10 airtime voucher, but they told that it was compulsory to buy it.

JC

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say!?... So, did you or did not pay the 10£ compulsory airtime voucher each time?

Guest jeannot18

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say!?... So, did you or did not pay the 10£ compulsory airtime voucher each time?

Yes I had to buy them, I have now got 3 vouchers which I will try to sell on Ebay.

JC

Edited by jeannot18