[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest SlasherX

Awesome! I really need a working camera, that's why I'm not currently using your ROM. However, those ICS Sense ROMs are downright annoying to use. So much bloated crap.

Looking forward to your release!

I completely agree. Camera is an essential for me. When I tested his rom it was snappy as hell and only really noticeable after you use the sense roms. I really look forward to testing his senseless rom!

Guest llKNOTTYll

Trip can you change the fingerprint, having trouble accessing certain apps in market due to this, happens on other roms too.

This may or may not help?

ro.build.fingerprint=htc_europe/htc_pyramid/pyramid:2.3.4/GRJ22/161971.2:user/release-keys

Guest Qiuness

Hi guys,

i have some quick quesitons about this rom, maybe you can help (read a lot as well)

1. Gallery is not working i know. Is there a workaround?

2. Facebook/GMail have display options. (2D acceleration is off). Any workaround here?

3. Are there Battery's with percentages for the status bar which i can flash?

Thanks!

No. Wifi Calling is not working at the moment and there is no eta for it. This has been answered before so please scan through the thread or use the search feature next time.

This is something I've been working on the past few days and late last night I actually got Wifi Calling working with Trip's rom. I figure his is the best bet since it uses the same kernel release as CM7 does. I've messing with different libraries and configurations and I got it half working last night. It fully enables and let's you make calls about half the time. The other half wifi calling locks up and keeps control of the radio requiring a restart. I'm still working on it though and will let you guys know if I get it working better. Once I get it working here I'm going to try to figure it out on the sense roms if I can.

UPDATE: So, for people interested in Wifi Calling - I've basically gotten stuck. It will make a call successfully but then Wifi calling crashes after that and basically locks up the radio to where it needs to be rebooted for any phone functions to work again. I've sent trip a msg with what I have done so far so hopefully it will help him in getting it working whenever he has time to look at it. In the meantime, I will try to continue looking for an answer as while I've gotten it to actually work, it isn't nearly reliable enough for anybody to actually use it for regular use. Believe me, I need this pretty badly too which was my motivation for trying to help with it. Again, I'll try to post back here if I figure anything else out. If anybody else has experience with an issue like I described please PM me as I'll take any help I can get.

Edited by dups

This is something I've been working on the past few days and late last night I actually got Wifi Calling working with Trip's rom. I figure his is the best bet since it uses the same kernel release as CM7 does. I've messing with different libraries and configurations and I got it half working last night. It fully enables and let's you make calls about half the time. The other half wifi calling locks up and keeps control of the radio requiring a restart. I'm still working on it though and will let you guys know if I get it working better. Once I get it working here I'm going to try to figure it out on the sense roms if I can.

This is really great news since no one seems to have any focus on this wifi calling issue. Basically my phone is useless without wifi calling because my house is in a dead zone. Wifi calling is critical for a daily driver for me. Thanks for looking into it.

Guest camielkb

Questions for Trips new buid htc-based rom:

Did you incorporate your xLoud and bravia things?

Will MHL be functional?

Is the camera tweaked so there will be no jpg compression and will the amaza camera be a possibility?

Thanks for your great roms!

Im not sure if anybody has reported this yet but whenever im playing music from Google Music in the Google Currents app, the audio cuts out with static and then returns moments later. Has anybody else experienced this before?

EDIT: I just noticed that when you play music and you try to access gmail through a notification on your lockscreen, the phone reboots.

Edited by Edgy00

Guest ManCityFC

Install parallel and obtain copy of windows. Install.

Or find friend's PC for the job.

But no, I don't know of another way to do this on a mac

Or, sell your Mac, your hair gel and moisturizing lotions and buy a PC like a real man. :lol:

Guest NickClarke40

Well said, and I totally agree, also I would say that as the problem has been identified like you said, let Trip do what he needs to, and it will get resolved.

Here's the thing... I responded by quoting one of your posts, and I only responded to that post. It was:

So to what you wrote, my response is quite appropriate. You seemed very confused why a rom that is 250mb would not have issues whereas a rom that is 120mb does. There IS another reason. It's because of (as I mentioned in my post) Sense and the fact that everything is written for the phone using the source code because HTC wrote the source. I did read what you posted, and in all your posts, you keep asking the wrong questions. You are saying that we need to try and identify the problem and then solve it. What do you think Trip is doing right now? Just that. It's a Beta rom, so give him some time and wait patiently.

At this point, there is no way that anyone would have a better chance at solving problems in Trip's rom, because Trip is the one person who is the most familiar with the code in the ROM, and because nobody else has the source code for the work he has already put in.

Guest NickClarke40

1.Gallery - Not had a problem with, but I did happen to reformat my sd card before installing Trip's ICS ROM

2.Facebook/GMail Display issue - 2 fixes that I'm aware, see below;

a.Facebook - download & install 'Font Installer *root* from Market, choose & install Roboto Font, reboot problem fixed wink.gif

b.GMail/EMail Graphical tearing/glitch issue (Force GPU settings in Developer Options aren't relevant for this), what I've been advised (by Trip) is to add the following line to your Build.prop file "ro.config.disable_hw_accel=true" (minus the "s), I've not tried this yet, but by default hw accel is enabled, and disabling this should fix the issue but may make you rom laggy (I've tried it on Trip's alpha 76 ROM which I'm currently on, and it still seems silky smooth to me, but did not have the problem here anyway, nor do I think did Trip have hwa fully working).

Anyway hope this helps in some small way, let me know how you get on, I'm planning on going back to TR001B ROM either tonight or tomorrow, so will post an update when I've applied both workarounds.

Hi guys,

i have some quick quesitons about this rom, maybe you can help (read a lot as well)

1. Gallery is not working i know. Is there a workaround?

2. Facebook/GMail have display options. (2D acceleration is off). Any workaround here?

3. Are there Battery's with percentages for the status bar which i can flash?

Thanks!

Guest BummAround

1.Gallery - Not had a problem with, but I did happen to reformat my sd card before installing Trip's ICS ROM

The above step is the only thing I didn't do due to laziness while flashing the TR001B.

It's one of the steps suggested by a member SokNok.

Maybe by not doing teh reformatting, I've experienced the "tiles' bug while playing video files on the stock app.

Guest zn_skadoosh

2.Facebook/GMail Display issue - 2 fixes that I'm aware, see below;

a.Facebook - download & install 'Font Installer *root* from Market, choose & install Roboto Font, reboot problem fixed wink.gif

b.GMail/EMail Graphical tearing/glitch issue (Force GPU settings in Developer Options aren't relevant for this), what I've been advised (by Trip) is to add the following line to your Build.prop file "ro.config.disable_hw_accel=true" (minus the "s), I've not tried this yet, but by default hw accel is enabled, and disabling this should fix the issue but may make you rom laggy (I've tried it on Trip's alpha 76 ROM which I'm currently on, and it still seems silky smooth to me, but did not have the problem here anyway, nor do I think did Trip have hwa fully working).

Anyway hope this helps in some small way, let me know how you get on, I'm planning on going back to TR001B ROM either tonight or tomorrow, so will post an update when I've applied both workarounds.

Tried this didnt fix isses, gmail is still choppy when trying to view the mail.

Guest NickClarke40

Yeah agreed, tried this again myself same result

mad.gif

Ah well, will just have to wait until Trip releases another build of his aosp rom, although according to his twitter feed, he's close with a htc senseless build, which is sounding promising, with a lot smaller footprint than other Senseless roms I've looked at on XDA .

Can't wait rolleyes.gif

Guest phillthorpe1

i just use K-9Mail for gmail, i know its not a fix. just a replacement untill

the issue is resolved.

Guest zn_skadoosh

Yeah agreed, tried this again myself same result

mad.gif

Ah well, will just have to wait until Trip releases another build of his aosp rom, although according to his twitter feed, he's close with a htc senseless build, which is sounding promising, with a lot smaller footprint than other Senseless roms I've looked at on XDA .

Can't wait rolleyes.gif

looking forward to that and the next aosp release..not sure which one to use daily dry.gif excited biggrin.gif

Guest ajonesma

Looks like an update is about to be uploaded, judging by Trip's twitter. :) Hopefully we get a stable camera, I'd love to sync Facebook contacts too.

from what I understand, it's a different ROM. He's been working on a Senseless ROM. Trip feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

But I do believe everything is working, so it may be worth looking at and perhaps flashing. I plan on flashing it :)

I flashed it with super high hopes but unfortunately it just isn't the same. Sluggish, nowhere near as snappy. The camera in TR001B is better even though it doesn't work you can see it snaps the shot so fast, the camera in the stripped sense is really slow though.

Edited by frcfed

Guest Chilled26

Sluggish, nowhere near as snappy.

That's sense for ya. Still better than the other senseless ics roms though. Can't wait for the AOSP rom update.

Edited by Chilled26

Guest phillthorpe1

That's sense for ya. Still better than the other senseless ics roms though. Can't wait for the AOSP rom update.

When HTC bring out their final release, it will be sense and you can bet your balls that

it wont be sluggish.